News:

• May 05, 2024, 10:07:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Fancher Handle Kits are back in production - "Precision Pro" Laser Cut  (Read 4242 times)

Offline Brent Williams

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
    • Fancher Handles - Presented by Brent Williams
Time for the official announcement.  I am happy to announce that both sizes of Ted Fancher's "Precision Pro" handle kits are available again and bear his seal of approval.  These handles are identical to what everyone has grown to know and love over the years.  The balsa and plywood parts are laser cut here in Utah, and the 16 gauge 304 stainless brackets are laser cut here in the USA. 

This project came to fruition after the unfortunate early passing of Carl Shoup.  Seeing the need to bring these handles back to the market, I was able to use a few un-built handle kits as examples for our CAD drawings.  After producing a few test handles, I inquired with Ted regarding his blessing on this project.  For about a year, I have produced and have sold my unbranded version of this handle which is identical save for a different metal thickness and material for the  brackets.  These unbranded handles were very well received and many have been purchased and used in competition.
(Many thanks to those good folks who purchased these v.1 handle kits.  I am very grateful for your business.) 

After many good discussions and with further encouragement from Ted Fancher, I sought out a USA vendor for the laser cut stainless brackets.  This material change brought full compliance with Ted's specifications, and now these handle kits are "officially" back in production.  Ted has been absolutely great to work with on this project and I appreciate his words of advice and for allowing me to use his design and name.

There are two sizes of handles available.  The larger handle is 3.5" inside dimension.  The smaller handle is 3" inside dimension.

Each "Fancher Precision Pro Handle" kit includes the (5) laser cut balsa and plywood pieces, (2) 304 Stainless metal brackets, (2) stainless steel line clips, (4) 4-40 Stainless Steel Capscrews, (4) 4-40 blind nuts and (1) lightweight safety thong.

Pricing for each kit is $30.00

Shipping is via USPS Priority, which usually runs $7.50 for USA delivery. 

PM or email for order info.  topbrent at gmail dot com
« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 02:03:14 AM by Brent Williams »
Laser-cut, "Ted Fancher Precision-Pro" Hard Point Handle Kits are available again.  PM for info.
https://stunthanger.com/smf/brent-williams'-fancher-handles-and-cl-parts/ted-fancher's-precision-pro-handle-kit-by-brent-williams-information/

Offline MikeCoulombe

• Commander
Re: Fancher Handle Kits are back in production - "Precision Pro" Laser Cut
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2017, 09:33:18 PM »
Hey Brent, don't suppose you would be interested in selling only the stainless parts?
Just asking, and how much for shipping to Canada?
Thanks
Mike

Offline Target

• C/L Addict
  • 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2017, 12:32:45 PM »
The first three layers are regular aircraft plywood. The metal clips are squeezed between two layers of regular plywood.
Regards,
Chris
AMA 5956

Offline Bill Morell

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2017, 02:13:46 PM »
So those brackets are held by squeezing between two pieces of lite ply?

Apparently you have failed to notice the 4 screws and blindnuts.........
Bill Morell
It wasn't that you could and others couldn't, its that you did and others didn't.
Vietnam 72-73
  Better to have it and not need it than it is to need it and not have it.

Online Fredvon4

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Central Texas
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2017, 02:14:22 PM »
One assumes the "BALSA" laser cut is the center of the 5 wood pieces and in the assembly crushes a bit to fully capture the line attachments

I personally am a hack/sport flyer with less than 50 flights per year on all my fleet

I do love the notion of one set of lines , clips, and handles per plane,

Costs keep me from this goal...

Options on this and other handles would be welcome.... hard aluminum obviously will NOT work for a 500+ flight per year contest guy...

but at a $12 or lower price point might motivate me to buy 3 to 7 or more of these

Like I said I am a pure hack/sport flier BUT I AM a customer

I did like the Larry Expo assy and use..... good product...just not for me and my hack flying

I really really like the very ultra light Randy Smith Balsa and CF hard point... BUT the ONE handle cost and Hello Kitty clips was deal breaker for one per plane set up for a hack flyer

That all said I do love laser cut and precise things

I am aware how PITA these very low volume enterprises can be...I manage my wife's quilting small business hobby

MY how I dream of

Tom Morris
Eric Rule
Umland
Johnston
King
Bob Hunt
Randy Smith
John Brodak
Lee machine
Dixon
Silver Foxx
MBS
Galbreath
Wilk
Fred and sons
Select Hobbies

AND all the rest of the vendors...meeting...collaborating..

"A good scare teaches more than good advice"

Fred von Gortler IV

Offline Brent Williams

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2017, 02:46:28 PM »
There are 5 layers to these handles.  1/4" balsa - 1/8" plywood - 1/16" plywood - 1/8" plywood - 1/4" balsa.

The metal bracket sits in the slot in the 1/16" plywood center piece.  The metal bracket is held firmly in place by the squeezing action of the 1/8" plywood pieces on either side.  The squeezing pressure is provided by the 4-40 blind nut fixed on one side and the 4-40 capscrew/washer tightened on the other side.  The reason for the 4 larger holes in the metal bracket is that Ted feels that the plywood might move a bit into that space as the fasteners are tightened and potentially create a more secure grip on the metal bracket.  The 1/4 balsa exterior pieces are there solely for the user to shape to their own hand and preference.

« Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 04:41:21 PM by Brent Williams »
Laser-cut, "Ted Fancher Precision-Pro" Hard Point Handle Kits are available again.  PM for info.
https://stunthanger.com/smf/brent-williams'-fancher-handles-and-cl-parts/ted-fancher's-precision-pro-handle-kit-by-brent-williams-information/

Online Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2017, 08:42:56 PM »
Well obviously the 4 screws provide the squeeze but the slots are much bigger than the bolts right?  So, it's just held from moving by contact with the wood.

MM

The design concept and production models by Carl Shoup have been around for how long, 15 years or better? Maybe longer? They are not new, just a new maker/vendor; I don't think I have ever heard of anyone having a problem with a handle like this. I want to try some and glad they are available again, and I'm sure the updates in manufacturing technology has made them even a bit better.
   Type at you later,
    Dan McEntee
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824
AMA 480405 (American Motorcyclist Association)

Offline Dane Martin

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
  • heli pilot BHOR
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2017, 09:05:01 PM »
Coincidentally, I'm just gonna second what what Dan said twice in one day..... but I'll also add; where the metal sliders go in, they are notched, not slotted. So if for some reason one slipped (see separate note) it could only slip like 1/8".

Note: I don't feel it could slip. As a speed flyer, I too was skeptical. I've been flying this big ringmaster with a k&b 61 with this handle. It's 78oz and I've had a few lean run issues recently (now fixed). The handle has held up, and I've put about 30 flights on the handle since I got it.

Offline Target

• C/L Addict
  • 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2017, 09:28:24 PM »
I think I am going to modify one with lightening holes in the ply outer layers for a 1/2A handle....
Regards,
Chris
AMA 5956

Offline MikeCoulombe

• Commander
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2017, 09:29:23 PM »
So, what do they weigh?
I have been working on a all wood handle similar in design that weighs 50g.
The Aero products by Randy apparently weigh 17g.
I'm guessing these should fall somewhere in between?

Offline Brent Williams

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2017, 10:28:51 PM »
So, what do they weigh?

The total weight of the bare, complete, unsanded larger handle with metal brackets, fasteners and safety thong on my scale is 2oz or just under 60g +/- the amount of sanding/finishing one does.  This weight will vary a few grams one way or the other with the balsa wood selection that I use, but overall...it's very light.  No, they are not Walker carbon handle light, but certainly lighter and more responsive than most of the heavy bar/cable bricks that have been in popular use forever.

Offline Jared Hays

• 2020 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2017, 11:46:10 PM »
I need two please how do I order

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2017, 09:10:45 AM »
If I had the finances I would order more of them.  I have two that I got from Carl and one was painted to match the plane.  Did have a third one that was given to me in a way as he only charged me a dollar for it.  Some one on the forum at the time was wanting one but was a little short of cash.  So the one dollar one went to him and hadn't been started yet.  I now have two of Brent's preproduction handles I need to start on.  But you know the only handle I have that I can tell is heavy is the one Fox used to make,  then only when the airplane was in glide mode  or I was standing waiting for pit man to start the engine.  Need to do the blind fold test to see if these guys can really tell the difference in weight of handle while flying. D>K
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Ted Fancher

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2017, 10:40:04 AM »
Coincidentally, I'm just gonna second what what Dan said twice in one day..... but I'll also add; where the metal sliders go in, they are notched, not slotted. So if for some reason one slipped (see separate note) it could only slip like 1/8".

Note: I don't feel it could slip. As a speed flyer, I too was skeptical. I've been flying this big ringmaster with a k&b 61 with this handle. It's 78oz and I've had a few lean run issues recently (now fixed). The handle has held up, and I've put about 30 flights on the handle since I got it.

Hey, Dane.  How many coats of paint did it take to get your handle up to 78 oz???? <= <=

Glad it works for you.

Ted

Offline Dane Martin

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
  • heli pilot BHOR
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2017, 11:10:00 AM »
Hey, Dane.  How many coats of paint did it take to get your handle up to 78 oz???? <= <=

Glad it works for you.

Ted

One too many, I believe!

Offline Randy Cuberly

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2017, 02:04:04 PM »
I have 9 of these handles also from several different vendors and have used them exclusively since they first became available.

They don't slip and in my opinion are the best handles to come down the pike since this Stunt Thing began.

I really can't see using anything else.  Ted Did It Again!  One thing I've learned in 65 years of Stunt is that if Ted designed it...It will work and work well!  y1 y1

Randy Cuberly
Randy Cuberly
Tucson, AZ

Offline Target

• C/L Addict
  • 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2017, 03:43:09 PM »
Ted for president!
Brent for VP!

Just kidding,  but these do seem like no-brainer decision handles.
Just need the various clips to avoid having to adjust the metal plates for neutral (which will probably also have some unwanted effects, if done to extreme).
I'm happy with my purchase of these handles.
Regards,
Chris
AMA 5956

Offline Ted Fancher

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2017, 05:27:19 PM »
I have 9 of these handles also from several different vendors and have used them exclusively since they first became available.

They don't slip and in my opinion are the best handles to come down the pike since this Stunt Thing began.

I really can't see using anything else.  Ted Did It Again!  One thing I've learned in 65 years of Stunt is that if Ted designed it...It will work and work well!  y1 y1

Randy Cuberly

What a nice compliment, Randy.  Thank you.

On the other hand I might have had a few clunkers over the years I've "forgotten" to take credit for.

Merry Christmas!

Offline Ted Fancher

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2017, 05:38:12 PM »
So, what do they weigh?

Hi Mke.

I know handle weight is the rage du jour of late but I can't help but wonder if your stunt ship is pulling somewhere between (guessing here as I've never measured line tension) 15 and maybe 30 pounds is it reasonable to worry that an ounce or even a couple of ounces in otherwise identical/similar handles would have a significant impact on a flier's patterns?  If it can be quantified the results would be of interest.

Now...a U-Reely on the other hand....... ??? ???

Merry Christmas

Ted

Offline Ed Barry

• Lieutenant
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2017, 06:47:44 PM »
Ted,
I need to order 2 of them.  Price for items plus shipping?
Ed Barry, New Jersey

Offline Ted Fancher

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2017, 07:04:15 PM »
Re the concerns about the security of the line clips due to compression of the plywood cores in Brent's handles.

After stealing the hard point concept from P.W. during the WCs in Shanghai in 1994 I pondered a way to match the hard point concept with at least a modicum of the convenience of previous handle "staples" such as the EZ-Just/EZ-Just HotRock and the various versions of Bob Baron's adjustable cable handle, all of which were ubiquitous among top fliers since at least the 1950s.  The "Fancher Handle" (which I originally marketed as the "Precision Pro") was the result; a handle which copied the "perfect in all respects except prone to cable failures" EZ-Justs and the measurably improved precision control-ability provided by the hard point line attachment.

The steel "line clips" (actually brass in my two or three "original" ones) were designed to provide the adjustability missing from Paul's handle and some time was spent coming up with a means whereby the adjustability could be safely reproduced using tools in "Ted's shop", i.e. jig saws, a drill press and files!  The final product of that "research" was the three piece 1/16" slotted core sandwiched between the the two 1/8" ply doublers of the slotted core through which two 4-40 bolts at each clip pass and screw into blind nuts on the "female" side.

Concerns over possible "slippage" of the line clips in the core sandwich under load resulted in the unique "multi-bubble" shape of the cutout in the steel line clip, what I termed a "caterpillar" slot.  Combined with a "light friction" insertion of the clips into the core before engaging the bolts these caterpillar shaped slots provided for, when under compression from the "two" bolts spaced to envelope some amount of two different caterpillar bulges of each clip would not only "squeeze" the entire clip but also "draw" a slight but real amount of the 1/8" doublers into the caterpillar slots forming not only a frictional but also a materials interference between the handle and the clips to which the line tension is applied.  This interface over numerous thousands of flight by probably several hundred users around the world has, to my knowledge, resulted in zero instances of inflight slippage let alone failure.

Concern about matching the clips' thickness to the cores was the subject of lengthy discussions between Brent and myself as he searched assiduously until he found a resource for steel and laser cutting for components that met those requirements.

For those asking the "begged" question; you don't need to hire a gorilla to tighten the bolts sufficiently to do the job as the "dual form" resistance to slippage doesn't require massive torque to engage.  Screw the screws in until they have obviously reached the point at which compression will begin.  Another half to 3/4 turn should do the trick.  BE SURE TO COMPRESS ALL FOUR SCREWS (THE USE OF TWO ON EACH CLIP WAS INTENTIONAL TO ACT AS BACK UPS TO ONE ANOTHER) AND PULL TEST YOUR HANDLE AND LINES PRIOR TO FLIGHT.

Finally, as some above have mentioned, over time the clips will become more difficult to adjust as a result of this compression and may require application of some force to adjust (you do own pliers, right?).  I have personally never encountered an inability to overcome that friction nor heard of someone doing so...which, of course, doesn't mean it might not have happened.  I believe this is a modest price to pay for a great performing handle that allows fine tuning adjustments to neutral setting, overhang and sensitivity while providing enhanced response via the hard point attachment to your stunt ship that results.

Merry Christmas to all.

Ted

Offline Ted Fancher

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2017, 07:06:25 PM »
Ted,
I need to order 2 of them.  Price for items plus shipping?
Ed Barry, New Jersey

Hi Ed,

Please note that Brent Williams is marketing the handles now.  See the first post in this thread.  Good luck.

Ted

Offline Randy Cuberly

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2017, 07:40:31 PM »
What a nice compliment, Randy.  Thank you.

On the other hand I might have had a few clunkers over the years I've "forgotten" to take credit for.

Merry Christmas!

Haven't we all...UUhhh I've had some and I designed Missiles for 40 years!   ~^  LL~ LL~

Merry Christmas to you and the Nobler Killer... Uhhh..Just kidding Shareen!

Randy Cuberly

Randy Cuberly
Tucson, AZ

Offline Randy Cuberly

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2017, 07:52:46 PM »
It's good to know these have a proven track record. You guys that use these handles, do you ever adjust the line spacing for conditions once you get it dialed in where you want it or, are all those little hole for switching to different planes?

MM

I don't know about other folks, but I do occasionally add or drop or add a notch on the holes with the line clip according to weather conditions or whether I feel really old at the time!

Different air conditions can ask for a slightly different "feel" sometimes!   Particularly at high density altitude areas like I fly in most of the time!   I try not to get carried away with that however!  Be aware also that moving a line clip even one hole can somewhat affect the neutral position setting of the handle.  It usually takes me about 3 or 4 flights to develop a neutral setting that I feel natural with!  This is important!!!

As far as switching to different planes, I believe in a separate handle and line set (or two), for each airplane!

A nicely trimmed airplane that responds properly can be really screwed up by changing to an unknown
handle/line situation!

Randy Cuberly
Randy Cuberly
Tucson, AZ

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2017, 08:34:32 PM »
For many years, I've been setting my TED handles with minimum "overhang" based on finger clearance, cranking down on the screws and drizzling some thin CA into the seams. The plywood is smashed down into those semi-circular slot things anyway, and gets denser the more it's smashed.  Been pulling 40 or 45 lbs for most of that time, with no problems. And yes, I'll play with the spacing slightly, while keeping it centerline symmetrical. If I narrow the spacing, I'll for sure do it before the first flight of the day (practicing), unless it's a new plane and I'm still flying pretty experimentally (high!).  D>K Steve

"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline MikeCoulombe

• Commander
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2017, 11:19:08 PM »
Hi Mke.

I know handle weight is the rage du jour of late but I can't help but wonder if your stunt ship is pulling somewhere between (guessing here as I've never measured line tension) 15 and maybe 30 pounds is it reasonable to worry that an ounce or even a couple of ounces in otherwise identical/similar handles would have a significant impact on a flier's patterns?  If it can be quantified the results would be of interest.

Now...a U-Reely on the other hand....... ??? ???

Merry Christmas

Ted

Thanks for the reply Ted, the challenge of competition to have the newest trendiest gizmo is a powerful force.
I like the adjust-ability of your design and I have, as you in your next post started experimenting with a similar design using hardwood sandwiched in ply with balsa filler.

Online Paul Walker

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2017, 11:54:33 PM »

Good question Ted.
Ask your neighbor to the north. He tried one of my light ones on his 75 powered beast.

Guess which one he uses now??

There is no place for extra mass in the control system of a competition stunt plane, and this includes the handle. That is unless you are just a sport flier. Then a heavier handle is just fine.

Sorry to "get off" on this.  Your reasoning on this seems reasonable on the surface, but it is not correct. Mass does matter here. If you want to "feel" what the plane is doing, why put a large damper between the plane and you?  I really am surprised I was able to fly as well as I did 30 plus years ago with those heavy handles.

Dave flew my P-47 at GSSC. Ask him about it!

Sorry for the rant.

Offline MikeCoulombe

• Commander
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2017, 07:19:50 AM »
Hi Paul, you make a good point about mass and weight in your control system.
I do agree that the handle is a part of that system. and very well could go on being ignored when evaluating a trim issue.
But, and sorry for the rant here, you yourself admit that you are now surprised that you scored as well as you did 30 years ago with the "heavy" handles.
Anyhow I felt more positive improvements in control and feel with the "hard point" set up as apposed to the lighter handle.
Don't get me wrong I did notice how the lighter handle felt in my hand and have no doubt it will contribute to a more precise pattern.
I think that any intermediate flyer would stand to gain from using these "Ted" handles.
The price being the key factor.
I hope you are planning another visit to Edmonton next summer, I am looking forward to meeting in person.

Online Paul Walker

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2017, 10:34:38 AM »

Anyhow I felt more positive improvements in control and feel with the "hard point" set up as apposed to the lighter handle.

My "light" handle IS a "hard point" type handle. I make them myself. The core is carbon fiber as opposed to steel. I have 1000's of flights on them.

You too could make them at home!

Offline Ted Fancher

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2017, 11:07:42 AM »

Good question Ted.
Ask your neighbor to the north. He tried one of my light ones on his 75 powered beast.

Guess which one he uses now??

There is no place for extra mass in the control system of a competition stunt plane, and this includes the handle. That is unless you are just a sport flier. Then a heavier handle is just fine.

Sorry to "get off" on this.  Your reasoning on this seems reasonable on the surface, but it is not correct. Mass does matter here. If you want to "feel" what the plane is doing, why put a large damper between the plane and you?  I really am surprised I was able to fly as well as I did 30 plus years ago with those heavy handles.

Dave flew my P-47 at GSSC. Ask him about it!

Sorry for the rant.

No problem, Paul.  I more or less anticipated it.  Not sure a differing opinion was worthy of a "rant" but you're forgiven. 

Merry Christmas to the PW clan

Ted

Offline Ted Fancher

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2017, 11:12:43 AM »
Haven't we all...UUhhh I've had some and I designed Missiles for 40 years!   ~^  LL~ LL~

Merry Christmas to you and the Nobler Killer... Uhhh..Just kidding Shareen!

Randy Cuberly

Back at you and yours, Randy.  Doing any singing for the season?

Ted

Offline Ed Barry

• Lieutenant
« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2017, 07:05:19 PM »
Brent,
At the risk of sounding naive, what do you mean by PM?  I'm interested in two large handles.
Ed Barry, NJ

Offline Brent Williams

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2017, 07:17:48 PM »
Brent,
At the risk of sounding naive, what do you mean by PM?  I'm interested in two large handles.
Ed Barry, NJ

No worries Ed!  PM = private message.
I sent you a message regarding payment options.

Thanks to everyone for the great response to these handles!  I'm going to be busy filling the orders!

Offline curtis williams

• 21 supporter
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2017, 12:39:44 AM »
BRENT
I would like 2 of the lightest kits you can make.    H^^

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2017, 06:23:24 PM »
Assuming that Brent is making "large" and "small" Ted handles, as Carl did, youse guys are going to have to check with Brent about which size you'll want. IIRC, the "small" is a "Hot Rock" clone and the "large" is something between that and the large EZ-Just. Could be wrong, of course! But if you flew in the olden days with a Hot Rock and still have one around, that's a fair gauge.  D>K Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline Brent Williams

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2017, 08:09:38 PM »
Assuming that Brent is making "large" and "small" Ted handles, as Carl did, youse guys are going to have to check with Brent about which size you'll want. IIRC, the "small" is a "Hot Rock" clone and the "large" is something between that and the large EZ-Just. Could be wrong, of course! But if you flew in the olden days with a Hot Rock and still have one around, that's a fair gauge.  D>K Steve

Yup, both sizes are available.  The smaller handle is 3" inside and the larger handle is 3.5" inside.  I have sent this picture to some folks so they could (resize to the proper dimensions first) print off and have a hands-on reference when in doubt.

I have sold a lot of the small handles lately.  I have fairly large hands and cannot even get my hand into the smaller handle.  The larger handle fits my hand very well. 

Offline Target

• C/L Addict
  • 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #36 on: December 07, 2017, 09:05:52 PM »
I'm 5'6", and i couldn't fit my hand in a small one.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 09:58:03 PM by Target »
Regards,
Chris
AMA 5956

Offline Dane Martin

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
  • heli pilot BHOR
« Reply #37 on: December 07, 2017, 09:16:22 PM »
I'm 6'0 and can't use the big one. Too loose. Lol.  My friend Joey can't use the small one. He's got those big polar bear mitts. Looks like he's carrying a rack of bananas!

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2017, 09:33:23 PM »
In the article that I think was in Stunt News it was said that a loose fitting handle was not good.  The individual even showed where he filled the spacing of the handle and fingers.   I know the small hard point fits me snug.   Now some one mentioned planes pulling 25+ pounds while flying.  Try taking a pull scale hooked to a handle and see how hard it is to pull as well as hold it.   I guess that is why I liked the EZ-Just Hot Rock handle and the Late Bigiron's version of it. D>K
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here