News:

• April 27, 2024, 01:48:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Low tack stencil paper  (Read 595 times)

Offline Terry Bentley

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Ensign
Low tack stencil paper
« on: December 04, 2018, 12:05:57 PM »
Where do you get the low tack stencil paper for panting numbers and other detail things.

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Just here for the fun of it also.
Re: Low tack stencil paper
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2018, 12:14:26 PM »
Where do you get the low tack stencil paper for panting numbers and other detail things.

Try your local sign shop. Bet there's a bunch.

They may give you some for free, including peel n stick color vinyl. Ask for their scraps.

C
Trump Derangement Syndrome. TDS. 
Avaiojet Derangement Syndrome. ADS.
Amazing how ignorance can get in the way of the learning process.
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Offline kevin king

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral

Offline dennis lipsett

• Admiral
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2018, 08:54:42 PM »
Go on Amazon and type in Frisket paper and make your selection

Offline Curare

• 2014 Supporters
  • Captain
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2018, 10:51:43 PM »
Go on Amazon and type in Frisket paper and make your selection

I have frisket in my inventory, and to be honest, I rarely use it. It's flimsy, easily torn or distorted and worst of all it's almost completely transparent, so sometimes you don't know if you wiped off half the mask before you paint (don't ask me how I know), but got dang it, it is reaallly thin, and occasionaly, for airbrush work that superfine thickness saves the day, but oh-so rarely.

These days I tend to err on the side of premask for vinyl cutting, as it's just a massive roll of masking tape. you can SEE when it's in place and it stays. If you find you're lifting your paint underneath you can heat it with a hairdryer to relax the adhesive.

Having recently done a ship this way I was having a terrible time with any of the parts covered in polyspan. It would lift EVERYTHING (dope and all) down to the polyester. Be warned!
Greg Kowalski
AUS 36694

Offline Terry Bentley

• Ensign
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2018, 03:53:09 AM »
Thank yo all for the info that was a big help.

Offline Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2018, 05:22:27 PM »
    I have used ordinary paper of any kind, and when finished cutting the mask, turned it over and used 3M Spray Mount Adhesive to apply it. It is basically the same thing as the stickem on a Post-It Note. Coated paper works well.  Self stick shelf paper works OK for large masks. For small stuff, you can shingle layer that green or blue masking tape into as big a sheet as you need on wax paper, then lay out and cut your mask. Lots of ways to skin that cat.
  Type at you later,
  Dan McEntee 
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824
AMA 480405 (American Motorcyclist Association)

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here