General control line discussion > Open Forum

F94-C gets new engine

(1/2) > >>

Leester:
I had to replace the engine in my Richards Kit's F94-C. The former engine a B-25 just couldn't get the little porker going last week and took a nose dive after 1/4 lap. It wasn't going fast enough to cause much damage, knocked off the rudder and elevator and stab. and damaged the outboard wing tip. All is fixed and I remounted a Fox 35, now when the weather shapes up I'll see what it can do. Total weight now is 31 1/2 oz.

Bill Gruby:
Leester;

Way to go, looks like you got that FOX to run the way you want it to. Nice pictures, looks like it's time to have some fun. Go for it.  FOXES FOREVER YEA.

"Billy G" ~>

Bill Little:

--- Quote from: Leester on April 05, 2007, 03:23:31 PM ---I had to replace the engine in my Richards Kit's F94-C. The former engine a B-25 just couldn't get the little porker going last week and took a nose dive after 1/4 lap. It wasn't going fast enough to cause much damage, knocked off the rudder and elevator and stab. and damaged the outboard wing tip. All is fixed and I remounted a Fox 35, now when the weather shapes up I'll see what it can do. Total weight now is 31 1/2 oz.

--- End quote ---

Hi Lee,  I remember when you started this one!  Now I just *migth* have to take my Golden State kit back out!  It looks neat. y1 

I am sure the Fox 35 with that plane at only 31 oz will be plenty.

BTW: what pitch prop were you running on the B-25?

Leester:
Bill: I was runnin an APC 9-4, thats what I heard was recommended.

Bill Little:

--- Quote from: Leester on April 05, 2007, 04:36:45 PM ---Bill: I was runnin an APC 9-4, thats what I heard was recommended.

--- End quote ---

Well Lee,  Tommy Hampshire did a lot of (if not all) of the developement on the B-25.  I would say it needs more pitch.  It is designed to be a 4-2 engine, though somewhat higher rpm 4-2 than a Fox 35.  BUT, we did compare the run characteriscs, over the phone, between it and the '57 Fox 25 and he said it was very similar.  So, I plan on using a true 5 pitch at least when i get mine.  Pitch speeds up the plane not the needle (once the engine is in it's operating zone), as you know.  The B-25 should fly that plane pretty well.  If you try it again, throw another prop on it.  I wouldn't be at all scared to run a 6 pitch, al it will do is get the plane too fast.  Not EVERY set up works all the time for everyone.  Especially on "non-piped" modern engines. (except maybe the OS 20FP BBTU!)

Bill <><

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version