News:

• May 07, 2024, 05:41:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Jennifer Fedorick Contest  (Read 929 times)

Offline Bernard Suhamski

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Ensign
Jennifer Fedorick Contest
« on: July 10, 2018, 06:29:05 AM »
Hello everyone, I want to thank everyone for coming to the contest... It was HOT very HOT !!!!! But I hope you all had a fun two days of Flying and Eating!!!!! I also want to give a Special Thanks to all the Judges, you guys stayed out in that heat all day!!!! THANK YOU !!!! This leads me to a Question, what do you guys think about moving next years Contest to September??? Hopefully it would be a little cooler and not so close to Brodak, and the Nats??? Let me know what you think guys..... HAPPY FLYING!!!!! Bernie

Offline Ed Barry

• Lieutenant
Re: Jennifer Fedorick Contest
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2018, 06:55:41 AM »
Bernie,
Couldn't make it this year due to hernia surgery. The only September Contest I'm aware of is Flushing over Labor Day holiday.  So maybe the third week of September would work.
Ed Barry

Offline Tom Luciano

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2018, 08:57:34 AM »
Reviewing this years schedule. September would be tough. All us Middelsex guys will be at Vintage combat. Scheduling it the 3rd week would surely take us out.

Sept. 1 Saturday- PAMPA Stunt NY Stunt Team@Flushing Meadows                                               CD Joe Daly 917-559-8956

Sept 9 Sunday -  SS Combat - ˝ combat ) Middlesex Modelers at GSCB field                                CD Paul Brill  732-805-9122

Sept 16 Sunday – Classic/OTS Stunt contest D’Ottavio Cup at GSCB field                                CD Mike Cooper 862-268-5091

Sept 23 Sunday - Vintage Combat festival fun fly at GSCB field                                            CD Tom Hampshire 908-475-5787

Oct 7 Sunday-  SS Combat Red Lion Airport, Vincentown, NJ                                                        CD Roy Glenn 609-668-6483

Oct 14 Sunday – Clown, Fox and Perky at Middlesex Modelers field                                              CD Al Ferraro 908-256-4553

Oct 21 Sunday - Profile Pampa Stunt plus Balloon Bust At GSCB field             
AMA 13001

Online Frank Imbriaco

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
  • At the 69 Willow Grove NATS with J.D. FALCON II
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2018, 11:50:02 AM »
Hello everyone, I want to thank everyone for coming to the contest... It was HOT very HOT !!!!! But I hope you all had a fun two days of Flying and Eating!!!!! I also want to give a Special Thanks to all the Judges, you guys stayed out in that heat all day!!!! THANK YOU !!!! This leads me to a Question, what do you guys think about moving next years Contest to September??? Hopefully it would be a little cooler and not so close to Brodak, and the Nats??? Let me know what you think guys..... HAPPY FLYING!!!!! Bernie

Bernie : The early fall would be great. The traffic going back towards NJ/NY is ridiculous on Sunday afternoons because of the all the city folks who try to escape the heat head out  to the Poconos. And, there's always a chance that there's a race at Pocono Speedway which= more traffic. As you know, we're an aging group and the sun can debilitate folks in a hurry. I know of a middle aged man , HVAC mechanic ,who has been hospitalized for complications from heat stroke for nearly a week.

Offline Scott Richlen

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2018, 04:45:40 PM »
Bernie:

If you pick the 4th Saturday in September I can't be there.  That is when we have our yearly NVCL StuntFest.

In fact, if you pick that day for your contest, you can't be there either since you always come down to ours... ;D

Scott

Offline Bernard Suhamski

• Ensign
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2018, 04:55:35 PM »
Scott I would NEVER pick that weekend, we both enjoy going to each others contest!!!!!! Actually I was thinking either early in September OR maybe even the first weekend in October... I am just looking for COOLER weather so us old guys don't MELT!!!!! LOL!!!!

Offline Phil Spillman

• Captain
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2018, 07:46:22 PM »
I believe that the first weekend in October is World Wide Ringmaster Fly-A-Thon day! Of course you could incorporate a ringmaster Event in your event and that might be an inducement for more entries!

Phil Spillman
Phil Spillman

Offline Jim Damerell

• Lieutenant
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2018, 05:04:10 AM »
Bernie,
Contact GSCB, they are actively trying to stop having contests. The fall date may easily be available. 

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here