News:

• May 07, 2024, 01:44:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 2018 NGSR CANTON, GA. CONTEST STILL ON!  (Read 1156 times)

Offline Joseph Patterson

• 21 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
  • AMA member- Supporter
2018 NGSR CANTON, GA. CONTEST STILL ON!
« on: August 01, 2018, 07:41:45 PM »
    To all you guys that are planning on coming to the CANTON, GA. contest this weekend (AUG 4TH & 5TH) IT is still on! The rain is suppose to slacken Fri night with partly sunny/partly cloudy scattered showers predicted for SAT AND SUNDAY.  Sat. is predicted to have scattered showers in the evening. Sun may be even better. VERY LIGHT WINDS 2-4 MPH.
    I BELIEVE WE WILL BE ABLE TO GET ALL THE EVENTS COMPLETED W/O GETTING WET! Temps. will be very mild w/cool mornings. A detailed flyer is in the events section of this forum.
    Y'all come,
                   Doug

Offline tom_weedman

• Commander
Re: 2018 NGSR CANTON, GA. CONTEST STILL ON!
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2018, 08:21:53 PM »
Will be there Friday
Tom Weedman
AMA 63672

Offline Derek Barry

• Admiral
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2018, 08:40:50 PM »
Will be there Friday
Tom Weedman

I will be there early Sunday morning. I am bringing the old man with me.

Derek

Offline big ron

• 24 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2018, 09:41:51 AM »
Looking forward to being there sometime Friday!
John Blanchard
Brusly, Louisiana
 AMA 1054488

Offline mike londke

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2018, 02:46:00 PM »
We can't make the whole week-end but Sam and I will be there for PA on Sunday. Is there a practice circle we can use before the contest starts and what time can we start flying? Thx
AMA 48913  USPA D-19580  NRA Life Member  MI State Record Holder 50 way Freefall Formation Skydive  "Don't let the planet sneak up on you"

Offline Joseph Patterson

• 21 supporter
  • Captain
  • AMA member- Supporter
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2018, 05:42:38 PM »
   Thanks to all you guys. Looking forward to seeing yawl again. Mike, I have incorrect info. about having 3 circles for competition. We have two circles for ompetition and a third circle is for practice. If you get to Canton Sat. afternoon the third circle will be available for practice all day up to about 8PM. erly Sunday morning the fields should be open about 7:30AM. Pilot's meeting will be at 8:30AM and competition starts at 8:45 on SUN.

The rain predictions are now down to 20% for FRI., SAT., and SUN. When the predictions are in this range in NTH GA. IT's GONNA BE NICE!
      Have a safe drive everyone,
                     Doug

Offline Joseph Patterson

• 21 supporter
  • Captain
  • AMA member- Supporter
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2018, 12:46:15 AM »
      Thanks Chief,
                        For the compliment and again thanks for judging OTS. The turnout was great and the weather was good too, although hot and humid. Winds 0-4 not bad. It is a great flying site and we had the attention of all the park users. Many would stop their walking/jogging and sit on the park benches and watch. Some of the women jogging around the park said they were glad the park was providing entertainment! Canton, GA. now knows what C/L aerobatics is all about for sure! Several hundred or more people did get a chance to be entertained by some of the South's and nations best stunt fliers. We will post scores and short write up next few days.
            Doug

Offline big ron

• 24 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2018, 06:18:51 AM »
I would like to say that the NGSR at Canton contest was one of the best that I have attended since being involved in this hobby. These guys that put this contest on are GREAT! We met some folks that we haven't seen in the past and saw some very impressive airplanes too. I realize that it takes alot to put on one of these contests being involved in the Baton Rouge Contest. Thanks to the North Ga. Sky Rebels for putting on this event.  A special thanks should go out to Doug Patterson he is one of the hardest working CD's around and every contest should have someone as dedicated as him involved. Without people like him we could not have events like this!!
John Blanchard
Brusly, Louisiana
 AMA 1054488

Offline Joseph Patterson

• 21 supporter
  • Captain
  • AMA member- Supporter
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2018, 09:22:08 AM »
     Thank you John for the kind words. I don't know if I deserve them, but the rest of the NGSR group certainly do. Tom Dixon (assistant CD), Jim Pierson, Richard Schneider, LeRoy Polk, Bill Gray, Kathleen Patterson, and Becky Dixon all worked so hard at setting everything up! We had a few glitches which most were my on making, but will be corrected in the future.
      There were several ladies I would like to thank for their hard work. Big thanks to Becky Dixon who arranged and led a ladies outing on Fri. that saw them visit Gibbs Garden and MERCIER Apple orchard w/ cafe/ souvenirs which all the women enjoyed so much. Thanks to Shelia Cranfill for her invaluable assistance in helping run the tabulation, posting, and raffles, as well as at times running scores. Thanks to Jackie Rogillio for running scores and helping where needed, Maggie Blanchard for running scores and helping also, and Cathy Smith-what a job she did running scores for both circles on Sat. and again on Sunday- I tried to slow her down, but failed- she was like the "energizer bunny" no quit!
       Special thanks to Jim and Wayne Smith for helping with the judging on Sat., and staying over after the contest to gather everything up- what a great family!
        I'd like to acknowledge and thank Dale and Derek Barry for a great job judging our Expert fliers on Sunday. Thanks to Richard Schneider, Ronnie Farmer, John Hill, Ty Marcucci, Tom Dixon, and again Jim and Wayne Smith for the great job judging on both days.
        Special thanks to Tom Morris for being there to support this inaugural contest and bringing his hobby store out to us. We also thank Randy Smith for his support by being there and talking to our fliers. He's always willing to share advise when asked.
        Finally, much thanks to all the fliers that patiently rode out the weather reports and trusted them to be correct and made the trip. It really was "Stunt Heaven". In addition, they provided hundreds of women, men, and most of all little boys and girls with great entertainment as some of the spectators said.
        We appreciate all the hard work done by everyone so much. We will try very hard to make it even better next year.
          DOUG   

« Last Edit: August 11, 2018, 10:30:27 AM by Joseph Patterson »

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here