News:

• April 19, 2024, 02:29:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Mr. BOB HUNT AT THE NATS AGAIN!  (Read 1602 times)

Offline Claudio Chacon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
Mr. BOB HUNT AT THE NATS AGAIN!
« on: June 28, 2021, 03:20:41 PM »
Hello guys!
Just to tell you that I've been closely following Mr. Hunt Stunt career since the seventies...
I know he has not been competing for quite some time, so, seeing him flying again at the Nats was a real joy for me.

Mr. Hunt, I SALUTE YOU!

Online Bob Hunt

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Mr. BOB HUNT AT THE NATS AGAIN!
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2021, 06:51:41 AM »
Wow! Thanks Claudio!

I tried to fly in the Nats last year but had a severely pinched nerve in my right arm that prevented me from doing that. I was determined to get healthy and fly at least one more time in the big show. I told myself that a top 20 berth would be the goal at my age, and that a top 10 position would be to me like winning the World Championships again. Imagine my surprise to have been able to place seventh, and just four points out of the Top-5! Perhaps I should practice a bit more for next year... IF the Good Lord allows me that blessing.

I felt totally accepted back into the Nats family, and this seems like the place to thank everyone. I especially want to thank the entire Nats Precision Aerobatics event staff; the judges, the tabulators, the pit bosses, the score runners (how are your legs Jeanie DeMauro?), and especially our amazing Event Director, Dave Trible and his Assistant, Michelle Lee. What a great job they all did under very stressful conditions.

My most heartfelt thanks go out to my crew (I won't even think about calling them a "squad..."), which included Joel Costantino, Rick and SaraMarie Huff, Will DeMauro, Joe Daly, Jose Modesto, Frank McMillan, John Hill, Alan Buck, George Waters, and Bruce Jennings. They are all just the best. And, a very special thanks goes out to Will Davis and Steve Hines for keeping us all fed! A special shout out to Mark Weiss  who kept us all entertained at the evening meals at the campground with his storytelling expertise. (They got in the front seat, Mark?)

I'll have many more Nats observations as I process the events of the (shortened) week in Muncie. Needless to say, I am grateful for the opportunity to have had "one more day in the sun" in the event that I have loved since I was a small child.

Thanks Claudio, and thanks to all who made this possible, especially my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

Bob Hunt     
« Last Edit: June 29, 2021, 07:35:55 AM by Bob Hunt »

Offline Claudio Chacon

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2021, 07:09:01 AM »
Wow! Thanks Claudio!

I tried to fly in the Nats last year but had a severely pinched nerve in my right arm that prevented me from doing that. I was determined to get healthy and fly at least one more time in the big show. I told myself that a top 20 berth would be the goal at my age, and that a top 10 position would be to me like winning the World Championships again. Imagine my surprise to have been able to place seventh, and just four points out of the Top-5! Perhaps I should practice a bit more for next year... IF the Good Lord allows me that blessing.

I felt totally accepted back into the Nats family, and this seems like the place to thank everyone. I especially want to thank the entire Nats Precision Aerobatics event staff; the judges, the tabulators, the pit bosses, the score runners (how are your legs Jeanie DeMauro?), and especially our amazing Event Director, Dave Trible and his Assistant, Michelle Lee. What a great job they all did under very stressful conditions.

My most heartfelt thanks go out to my crew (I won't even think about calling them a "squad..."), which included Joel Costantino, Rick and SaraMarie Huff, Will DeMauro, Joe Daly, Jose Modesto, Frank McMillan, John Hill, Alan Buck, George Waters, and Bruce Jennings. They are all just the best. And, a very special thanks goes out to Will Davis and Steve Hines for keeping us all fed!

I'll have many more Nats observations as I process the events of the (shortened) week in Muncie. Needless to say, I am grateful for the opportunity to have had "one more day in the sun" in the event that I have loved since I was a small child.

Thanks Claudio, and thanks to all who made this possible, especially my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

Bob Hunt     

You are certainly welcome, Bob!
You are a living legend Sir...A LIVING LEGEND!

My warmest regards,
Claudio Chacón.

Offline Keith Renecle

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2021, 09:00:12 AM »
Hi Bob,

I can only echo Claudio's words. It sure was good to see you flying again at the Nats. Well done on placing so high with the "big boys" as well! It would have been wonderful to be present with all of the guys, but I was with you in spirit! Your flying career, and added to that, your amazing influence for the betterment of stunt is legendary!

Best regards,
Keith R
Keith R

Online Bob Hunt

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2021, 09:00:39 AM »
Claudio:

I just told my wife that I'm a living legend and shouldn't have to take out the garbage, feed the dog, or mow the lawn.

She's still laughing...

Keith:

Thanks for the thoughts; wish you could have been there.

Bob

Offline Claudio Chacon

• Captain
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2021, 09:38:38 AM »
Claudio:

I just told my wife that I'm a living legend and shouldn't have to take out the garbage, feed the dog, or mow the lawn.

She's still laughing...

Keith:

Bob

That's a good one, Bob! Hahahahahahah!!! CLP**  **)

Offline Dwayne Donnelly

• 22 supporter
  • Captain
  • Balsa Beavers Toronto Canada
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2021, 10:25:10 AM »
Claudio:

She's still laughing...

Keith:

Bob

Nothing like family and friends to keep you grounded....lol ✝ ✝
My purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others.

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2021, 12:19:04 PM »
I too have followed you and your careers(so many different jobs) ever since we met at the NATS in 74 if I remember right when my team mate and I tried to explain the lines we were making.  Great to see the picture of you at this years NATS. H^^
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline jerry v

• Commander
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2021, 08:47:24 PM »
Bob, it was nice to see you again!

Jerry
Variety is the spice of life.

Offline Claudio Chacon

• Captain
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2021, 08:12:38 AM »
Bob, it was nice to see you again!

Jerry

ANOTHER MASTERPIECE!!!

Offline the original Steve Smith

• 24 supporter
  • Commander
  • Fly Stunt!
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2021, 08:50:25 PM »
Wow! Thanks Claudio!

My most heartfelt thanks go out to my crew (I won't even think about calling them a "squad..."), which included Joel Costantino, Rick and SaraMarie Huff, Will DeMauro, Joe Daly, Jose Modesto, Frank McMillan, John Hill, Alan Buck, George Waters, and Bruce Jennings. They are all just the best. And, a very special thanks goes out to Will Davis and Steve Hines for keeping us all fed! A special shout out to Mark Weiss  who kept us all entertained at the evening meals at the campground with his storytelling expertise. (They got in the front seat, Mark?)

Bob Hunt     

Great seeing you again at the NATS Bob.  Really enjoyed our conversation at 12th Street!  Hope to see you again next year.

Steve
Thanks,
the original Steve Smith
AMA 2112

Offline Joe Daniels

• 24 supporter
  • New Pilot
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2021, 08:18:57 AM »
I met Bob Hunt for the first time this year. He walked over as we were setting up at the campground and introduced himself. Like so many, I've learned a great deal about stunt from Bob as he's shared so much knowledge and experience over the years. Had a great time talking music and guitars and finding out we share similar tastes in both.

I hope the Good Lord does bless you with another Nats visit next year Bob. It would be great to talk again. Congrats on your placement this year!

Joe Daniels

Offline Shorts,David

• 21 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2021, 10:23:32 AM »
I've talked with Bob on the phone several times, but finally got to meet the legend in person. So glad.

Offline proparc

• Admiral
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2021, 07:30:17 PM »
The "Genesis Man" is back!!!
Milton "Proparc" Graham

Offline Larry Renger

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2021, 08:29:26 PM »
You’re looking good Bob. Keep coming. Great looking plane too.

Any plan to go to VSC?
Think S.M.A.L.L. y'all and, it's all good, CL, FF and RC!

DesignMan
 BTW, Dracula Sucks!  A closed mouth gathers no feet!

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here