General control line discussion > Open Forum

Electric Twister comes in when turning and Timer set up???

<< < (2/12) > >>

Bob Hudak:
Need to know if you're running a pusher prop. If you are then the motor needs to be mounted with up and out thrust. About 1/16" outthrust and one washer to give it upthrust.
 After looking at your pic it appears to be standard rotation, make sure you have a bit of down and out thrust if this is so.

Howard Rush:
Tim's process explanation is good.  You can alternatively put the plane on a table and prop up the tail until you can center the TE on the wing from your eyeball reference.  Follow Tim's process and tape the flaps before you fly it again.  Then put a good size blob of clay on the right wing tip and go to the beginning of the Walker trim chart.

Our club once put on a stunt plane trimming clinic.  I'd to the Tim process, then Paul Walker would do the flight trimming.  He was tired at the end of the day. 

Paul Taylor:
Thanks everyone for the quick replies. I will check all of the above and report back. Will try and get some detail pictures.
Stay tuned….

Howard Rush:

--- Quote from: Paul Taylor on June 13, 2022, 01:09:27 PM ---Thanks everyone for the quick replies. I will check all of the above and report back. Will try and get some detail pictures.
Stay tuned….

--- End quote ---

Good luck picking out the good advice from the bogus.

Tim Wescott:

--- Quote from: Howard Rush on June 13, 2022, 01:08:07 PM ---... You can alternatively put the plane on a table and prop up the tail until you can center the TE on the wing from your eyeball reference....

--- End quote ---

In my shop it's much easier to find an unoccupied toe than a few square feet of unoccupied table top.  But yes.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version