News:

• April 25, 2024, 04:48:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Electric Smoothie is finally coming in.  (Read 1254 times)

Offline frank carlisle

• 2013 Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Electric Smoothie is finally coming in.
« on: April 20, 2006, 08:12:09 PM »
I have a couple dozen flights on the electric Smoothie now and I'm starting to like it. I'm going to move the leadouts back about an eighth of an inch and set a little more up in the handle.
I have a Zinger 12/5 prop on it and it draws off about 75% of the 3700 mah bats.
right now it settles in higher in linverted evel flight than upright and it drifts a little in loop two of the  cloverleaf.
One thing I really like about it is that you can hear the prop flexing on corners and when I'm hitting the timing right it sounds very cool.
For the contest season I plan to leave the electric plane home and fly my almost ready to go modified Legacy with an ST.51.
Oooo.....this is getting good to me.
Frank Carlisle

Offline Leroy Heikes

• ACE
  • Commander
Re: Electric Smoothie is finally coming in.
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2006, 07:59:08 AM »
Frank;

Offline frank carlisle

• 2013 Supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2006, 01:57:15 PM »
Frank;

j1 y1
      HUH?        <= ;D <=                                              j1 y1
                                                                                  j1 y1
                                                                                     j1 y1
                                                                                        j1 y1
Frank Carlisle

Offline evocator

• New Pilot
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2006, 02:22:16 AM »
Am thinking about getting an electric or converting one like you did for my third plane. Keep up the info and how it is working out. I guess this is an obvious question but how does it hold up when the wind is pretty strong? After seeing the Windy Urtnowski Video of the first ever electric competition flight of I think Palmer's electric or Palco's?(and the wind was awful that day) I was wondering how slack the lines were when you flew in a buffeting wind?
« Last Edit: April 22, 2006, 03:16:48 AM by evocator »
Jim Williams

Offline frank carlisle

• 2013 Supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2006, 03:44:14 AM »
Jim,
The electric plane flies just like the glow powered models. If you hit the wind wrong with either it gets blown away. In my opinion the electric plane can compete on a level playing field with it's glow powered equivalents.
Frank Carlisle

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here