General control line discussion > Open Forum

Eclipse pattern

(1/5) > >>

Dave_Trible:
The wind forecast tomorrow looks possible.  I'm thinking to try timing a flight DURING the eclipse tomorrow.  I'm not in the path of totality here but should still get a pretty good look.   Anybody else?

Dave

Mike Griffin:
Eclipse

Dan McEntee:

--- Quote from: Dave_Trible on April 07, 2024, 11:41:07 AM ---The wind forecast tomorrow looks possible.  I'm thinking to try timing a flight DURING the eclipse tomorrow.  I'm not in the path of totality here but should still get a pretty good look.   Anybody else?

Dave

--- End quote ---

In 2017, we were just about in the center of the path of totality, and I took off work and met a couple of other guys at Buder Park and got some flights in leading up to totality and again right after. There were quite a few people in general there last time. St. Louis is on the fringe of the shadow this time, and I'm going to drive to south central Illinois around the Du Qoin, and or Carbondale area to get the full effect. About an hour and a half drive each way.. I just dug out and cleaned up a couple of welding hood to compliment toc heap glasses I bought the other day, in case Momma doesn't want to wear or even hold the helmet up.

Type at you later,
    Dan McEntee

Dave_Trible:
It looks like we will have about 90% coverage here at 1:54.  Enough light to see the airplane I think.  Going to fly a white ship.  Hope the deer don't decide to come out and run across the circle.  May have to get a tee shirt made "Eclipse Fliers Club".

Dave

Matt Colan:
We’re in the path of totality in Dallas and I’m hoping to get my first flights on the airplane during the eclipse. Should be fun!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version