General control line discussion > Open Forum

Blank

(1/3) > >>

Rusty:
Blank

Dan McEntee:
  Well, if that is true then I'm done as a buyer. I have never sold anything on eVilBay, but have really cut back my buying also. I have been finding enough stuff locally on Craig's List or FB Market place. No, DO NOT give them your SS number!! I thought that one of the reasons they bough PayPal was to make things easier for everyone ?? Some of the people I have purchased stuff from on FB Market Place have quit using PP also. and moved on t other services. I guess I'll have t find out who those are.
  Type at you later,
   Dan McEntee

George S:
By law, they have to have your SSN for managed payments. They are complying with U.S. Anti-money laundering regulations, specifically the Bank Secrecy Act and more specifically the Customer Identification Program requirement. All financial institutions (which include services beyond just banks) are required to identify and verify the identity of their customers. Part of that process involves obtaining your SSN.
Ebay is also required to have systems to protect your personal information, such as your SSN (this is called PCI Compliance). Those systems are independently audited at least annually, but breaches certainly do happen but less so than in the past. Breaches are usually at businesses that were storing your information when they didn’t need to be (and thus were not being audited for PCI compliance) – they should have relied on only the financial services party to have that info.

Gerald Arana:

--- Quote from: Air Master on May 06, 2021, 04:59:04 PM ---Hello,

EBay is going to stop using paypal.  They want everyone who sells on EBay to give them direct access to your bank account and give your Social Security number.  Additionally, they bill you before the customer pays for the item you sold. 

I, as many others, have decided I'm not giving EBay my social security number, so 21 years of selling on EBay are over.

What you (much smarter than me) guys think?

Russell

"I'd rather tell you how much my wife weighs than telling you how much my models weigh."

--- End quote ---

You must have a "light" wife!  LL~ LL~ LL~

As far as eBay goes, I still sell but, I have a separate account for it.

Jerry

EddyR:
 I just bought a audio receiver on ebay. Seller sent it in a display box and it was destroyed. Seller did not want i5 back . Ebay sent me a mailing label and told me to return it. I did and got refund of price and shipping. Seller paid for it both ways. Ebay  put my money in pay pal
Ed

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version