News:

• March 28, 2024, 09:48:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Dusting off  (Read 901 times)

Offline richardm

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Ensign
Dusting off
« on: November 10, 2018, 10:17:55 PM »
Well

Had this in my shed for a while, the ringmaster flyathon and one of my flying buddies got the ball rolling for flying again cleaned, checked plumbing, off to the park, 2 flights to get a setting, 2 rusty F2b patterns afterwards, may have to do more ;D

Plane is a local (New Zealand design) Pizzaz foam wing profile, LA46, 4oz clunk and a 11/5 Garvon ( local micro lite prop manufacturer) wood prop, 9% nitro 100% fun
Richard Mc Fadden

Offline Carl Cisneros

• Captain
Re: Dusting off
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2018, 10:29:24 AM »
Richard

Congrats getting back in the circle for some fun.
looks like a nice plane.
Keep it up

Carl
Carl R Cisneros, Dist IV
Control Line RB

Offline Wynn Robins

• Admiral
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2018, 01:35:12 PM »
the old Pizzaz huh - glad its still going strong

here it is in its hayday….  the good old days!!
In the battle of airplane versus ground, the ground is yet to lose

Offline richardm

• Ensign
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2018, 02:59:11 PM »
Hi Wynn

The old girl flys as good as I remember, I may have to have a bash at the next control line meeting, being judged should put me in my place HB~>
Richard Mc Fadden

Offline Wynn Robins

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2018, 05:47:31 PM »
Hi Wynn

The old girl flys as good as I remember, I may have to have a bash at the next control line meeting, being judged should put me in my place HB~>

have thought about getting back into it a few times - but DLG has me hooked...…..  so will probably never fly CL again.   
In the battle of airplane versus ground, the ground is yet to lose

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2018, 08:52:46 PM »
Disguise one of those Pizzaz as a Ringmaster and fly it on Ringmaster weekend. The Biplane, Triplane and Canard variants are apparently viable entrants, so why not?   H^^  Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline richardm

• Ensign
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2018, 09:51:48 PM »
Disguise one of those Pizzaz as a Ringmaster and fly it on Ringmaster weekend. The Biplane, Triplane and Canard variants are apparently viable entrants, so why not?   H^^  Steve

Then what would I do with my ringmaster? S?P
Richard Mc Fadden

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2018, 07:15:12 PM »
Use the Ringding for OTS or as a trainer. They CAN fly reasonably well, but it's not difficult to find something that will fly BETTER! My experience has always been that the better they fly, the longer they last.  y1 Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline richardm

• Ensign
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2018, 07:58:50 PM »
Use the Ringding for OTS or as a trainer. They CAN fly reasonably well, but it's not difficult to find something that will fly BETTER! My experience has always been that the better they fly, the longer they last.  y1 Steve

Flys the F2b pattern on 62 foot .012 lines.......................light build and strong running OS FP20

I enjoy a challenge HB~>
Richard Mc Fadden

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here