News:

• March 28, 2024, 01:15:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Done with PAMPA  (Read 10741 times)

Offline Tom McClain

• Charter Member
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
Re: Done with PAMPA
« Reply #50 on: January 21, 2022, 09:46:32 PM »
Tom

Show what you know, Yolonda was the one I talk to today, she said she talked to her boss and was told to send it to HR. Samantha talked with a April C. Yolonda said they over the Sig but let them pic, but they would find someone if they had too. They only ok the pic.

Steve

So, what is the result? Is Samantha CL ED or not. You never said. 
Tom McClain

Offline Craig Beswick

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #51 on: January 21, 2022, 09:51:59 PM »
Grow up Steve.

You started all this public rubbish. Now you can't handle it and come out with abuse and threats.

I repeat. This was not your argument in the first place yet you involved yourself. Now you want to take it to the gutter.

You have no self control. You can not properly articulate yourself. You have allowed your emotions to get the better of you and now you resort to base instincts. H^^

Pathetic. Go away little man.

Craig
Ps. Go into modify and fix your post to me. I can't understand half of it because you are clearly rattled with anger and can't type what you really  want. Some of the spelling could be fixed up. I assume I am a Dumb ass not a Bumb ass?

AUS 87123
"The Ninja"

Offline wwwarbird

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #52 on: January 21, 2022, 10:04:48 PM »

You can not properly articulate yourself.

Ps. Go into modify and fix your post to me. I can't understand half of it because you are clearly rattled with anger and can't type what you really  want. Some of the spelling could be fixed up. I assume I am a Dumb ass not a Bumb ass?

No kidding Craig, it's painful stuff. Early on I was fairly sympathetic in this ordeal, not any more. Later.  D>K
Narrowly averting disaster since 1964! 

Wayne Willey
Albert Lea, MN U.S.A. IC C/L Aircraft Modeler, Ex AMA member

Offline Bill Morell

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #53 on: January 22, 2022, 07:05:26 AM »
I'm always intrigued when people give up on something when they don't get their way. Anyone want to play marbles?
Bill Morell
It wasn't that you could and others couldn't, its that you did and others didn't.
Vietnam 72-73
  Better to have it and not need it than it is to need it and not have it.

Online Dwayne Donnelly

• 22 supporter
  • Captain
  • Balsa Beavers Toronto Canada
« Reply #54 on: January 22, 2022, 11:15:12 AM »
Any of this get resolved on the chat hangout last night?
My purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others.

Offline Tom McClain

• Charter Member
  • Commander
« Reply #55 on: January 22, 2022, 07:14:59 PM »
For Steve and Samantha, this will take a huge amount of humility and character to admit their error and need for humble pie.  Let's see if they are up to it.
Tom McClain

Offline Jared Hays

• 2020 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #56 on: January 23, 2022, 06:37:58 PM »
Man,,,, When liberals don't get their way lol.  Sure put on a show with temper tantrums.

Offline Tom McClain

• Charter Member
  • Commander
« Reply #57 on: January 26, 2022, 09:35:00 AM »
What is the final outcome of this sad story of Woke fear, hate, angst, and discontent?  Did Samantha get the job?
Tom McClain

Offline Dave Harmon

• 24 supporter
  • Commander
  • Tulsa Glue Dobbers C/L and R/C Clubs
« Reply #58 on: January 26, 2022, 03:24:52 PM »
You old grumps run her off.

From the sound of it I think she ran herself off with help of her dad.

Online Dwayne Donnelly

• 22 supporter
  • Captain
  • Balsa Beavers Toronto Canada
« Reply #59 on: January 26, 2022, 03:49:40 PM »
They were supposed to clear things up on Friday's Hangout,  don't know what happened.
My purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others.

Offline Craig Beswick

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #60 on: January 26, 2022, 04:43:06 PM »
From the sound of it I think she ran herself off with help of her dad.

Quite right Dave!
If Steve had kept his nose out of it Samantha could have sorted it out with Dave. Instead, Dad has made a fool of himself and put Samantha in a difficult position. Steve won't be back to apologise, as he should, he has neither the credibility or moral integrity to admit when he is wrong.

Dwayne, let's get one thing straight. Samantha and Steve did not go on Hangouts to , "Clear the Air". They went on the, "After Party", which is not a public forum to try and garner support for their position.

Then Dave posted what actually took place here and we haven't heard from either of them since!!! As I said earlier, no integrity.

Craig
AUS 87123
"The Ninja"

Online Ken Culbertson

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #61 on: January 26, 2022, 09:15:02 PM »
This is like one of those TV series where they have next season in the can already so they can leave you dying to find out what happens to the hero.  Several people in this process know the answer to "what happened".  We were left believing that Samantha might be back in after all then ..... crickets, bug ugly crickets.  This is about as satisfying finding the last couple of pages of a Tom Clancy novel missing. %^@

ken
AMA 15382
If it is not broke you are not trying hard enough.
USAF 1968-1974 TAC

Online Dave_Trible

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #62 on: January 27, 2022, 05:51:23 AM »
This decision was and had to be made and is unchanged.  John already has the 2022 program rolling.   Samantha can certainly do the job in a future year if she wishes.  That will be up to her and the PAMPA leadership at that time.

Dave
AMA 20934
FAA Certificate FA3ATY4T94

Offline Paul Smith

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #63 on: January 27, 2022, 07:19:49 AM »
What?  50 years ago PAMPA was created to deal with AMA's failure to do stunt their way.

So now they've gone full circle? 

John Paris is a big strong well organized man. No matter what happens, somebody will disagree with him in some way.
Paul Smith

Offline Paul Smith

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #64 on: January 27, 2022, 12:37:18 PM »
I haven't flown stunt at The Nats since 1970.

I liked The Navy Way.

Three attempts to make two officials and the scores on a chalkboard.
Paul Smith

Offline Trostle

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #65 on: January 27, 2022, 02:14:19 PM »

I liked The Navy Way.

Well, this is certainly going off topic.  So I will continue with the nonsense.

If that picture was taken at the 70 Nats, it would have been from the single Qualification day where they used two qualification circles.  Finals were held the next day.  Best of two flights to qualify, five finalists from each circle.  Final scores were determined by best of two flights during the finals rounds.

Bill Netzeband initiated the multi-circle qualification process in the early/mid 60's.  The multi circle format has continued since.  In 1970, the AMA continued with the multi-circle format and had two qualification circles, taking I think 5 finalists from each circle.  There was no seeding in who flew on which qualifying circle.  (Don Jehlik, a well known and previous World Champion F2C Team Racer, was selected by the AMA to be the Event Director.)

In the previous AMA process during the qualification rounds, each flyer had three attempts to make two official flights on his selected circle, taking the best single flight to qualify.  Based on weather and possible equipment problems, that meant that one year of preparation could be dependent on one 7+ minute flight to go into the final rounds.   Later, after PAMPA took over the Nats in 1974, the "Nats Experience" was expanded to mean more than one 7 minute flight for all who chose to enter. 

(Even then, there was a complaint from at least one individual who felt he was going to qualify anyway felt the multi-round format developed by PAMPA was too much work.)

Keith
« Last Edit: January 27, 2022, 09:40:36 PM by Trostle »

Online Ken Culbertson

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #66 on: January 27, 2022, 06:54:14 PM »
I haven't flown stunt at The Nats since 1970.

I liked The Navy Way. y1

Look at those scores, and, there were 40 appearance points and I think maybe 5, or was it 7, points just for getting your engine started in time.

Ken
AMA 15382
USAF 1968-1974 TAC

Offline Trostle

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #67 on: January 27, 2022, 09:44:15 PM »

I think maybe 5, or was it 7, points just for getting your engine started in time.

Ken

In the day, the pilot would receive 5 points on his flight score if the model became airborne within one minute of the hand signal to start.

Keith

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #68 on: January 27, 2022, 09:47:53 PM »
Will this get settled? S?P D>K
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Dave Hull

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #69 on: January 27, 2022, 11:02:52 PM »
Doc,

Go read post #67.

Dave

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #70 on: January 28, 2022, 07:40:04 AM »
Thanks,  I need to learn to read and also need glasses. D>K H^^
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Online Ken Culbertson

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #71 on: January 28, 2022, 07:47:05 AM »

In the day, the pilot would receive 5 points on his flight score if the model became airborne within one minute of the hand signal to start.

Keith
Thanks for clarifying.  I guess the older you get the more you want to remember how things were when you had hair.  Is there any source for old rule books?  I would really like to get the ones in force in 1960, 1965 and 1974 in any format that is readable.

Ken
AMA 15382
USAF 1968-1974 TAC

Offline Paul Smith

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #72 on: January 28, 2022, 10:29:41 AM »
Credited to Abe Lincoln: "You can please all the people some of the time, some of the people all the time, but not all of the people all the time." Also know as "Damned if you do and damned if you  don't".  D>K

Very true.  It seems like with stunt (or scale) scores, which are matters opinion, only please one person per contest.
Paul Smith

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #73 on: January 29, 2022, 09:11:20 PM »
Yes, inquiring minds want to know how did the AMA phone call go?  Especially since AMA HR does not select EDs, Joyce Hager, Staff Director and Yolanda Jones, AMA Nationals make the selection.

I'm kind of confused about this whole thing. From Mr. Hines' first post, it wasn't clear what contest Samantha was volunteering for, with the "Brodac" inclusion and then the NATS. I may have missed seeing that Samantha has a CD license, or any experience being a CD. Not very clearly stated, quite possibly due to simply being emotional.

Having never been to a NATS and not ever planning to drive 3+ days to do so, but having a CD license, I'd say Samantha's lucky to just fly and enjoy whatever role or level she wishes to continue with. I'd hate to see her quit flying, and am 100% certain that every single poster on this topic agrees with me.   H^^ Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Online Ken Culbertson

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #74 on: January 29, 2022, 10:17:37 PM »
I'd hate to see her quit flying, and am 100% certain that every single poster on this topic agrees with me.   H^^ Steve
y1 y1
AMA 15382
USAF 1968-1974 TAC

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here