General control line discussion > Open Forum

Done with PAMPA

(1/15) > >>

Steve Hines:
For the people that did not know, Samantha stepped up and said that she would be the CD. She was going to change vacation for going to Brodac to the Nats. She found out her vacation days had been taken away because of covid time off. the only way she could get more time off was if she did an internship. She did not need this for school, and she did not want to get paid. She is in her last Cass for Statistical Analytic. Capstone what they call it, but they give you a topic and your three-member team have to take it for start to finish. This would have been good for the AMA, a job like that would have been worth thousands. She could have done it on how to keep PAMPA for dying.

Dave sent something to the AMA, Told Samantha to do it herself but she does not listen to me. That was sometime Thursday. Got text message starting around 1 that john Paris was going to be CD. What happen to Samantha? Talked with John and he said that he volunteered if things did not work out with Samantha. Don't know what was said, was not on that phone call. This is what Samantha received 9 hours later.

The first thing Samantha said when i called he, is this does not surprise me! PAMPA only want Female's to be tabulators and runners. this is what she got from Dave nine hours later. I will have to type it out because i can't get it to post from a text. If they is something incorrect, I will correct it.

Hi Samantha. Dave here. I Am still working on your internship and want you to get to come to help us.I need to get the word out to the crew what was going on and we still hadn't nailed down anything yet. I told some what we were trying to do with you coming. A couple of us that have done this began to think this would be overwhelming to you right now given everything you got going on in your life and likely not be the best for you if you had this much pressure- and it is trying to make a bunch of people happy in sometimes bad circumstances. I got cussed at a couple of times for things I had to do or out of my control. And it quite a lot of work even before you get there. John Paris called me while i was at work today and offered. I felt without knowing what AMA is going to do I should accept. I still wish for you to come and help John in whatever capacity he needs most. I know we have NOBODY to do the tabulation. In that way you can still do the internship. I'll let you anything they tell me. Reach out to me whenever.

Dave Trible

Isn't something how people say they are doing something in your best interest while they are screwing you. Now to Samantha reply.

Hi Dave. I really don't want t hold back on feelings with this because I feel as it this is important. First off, i have no desire t help with anything at the NATS or do any sort of other internship after this. Also, for you and others to assume that this would be overwhelming to me is offensive. Besides doing full time college in Business Analytic, I also work at a dental corporation and help manage 34 centers. My role is a Patient Care Coordinator and I the head of patient complaints. So to think that I couldn't deal with this is very wrong. Not to mention I wouldnt be taking any called or working during that time so I could put all my energy into this internship but you wouldt know that because you neglected to even ask me. Just because it is hard for others doesn't mean it would be difficult for me. I truly feel this is very sexist or ageist because there is no explanation for this. Saying that I could be a tabulator instead is troubling to me because there is no correlation on the workload between the two. I done being underestimated. I feel that this sort of unacceptable behavior has been happening to me since I started flying. Just because I am a women doesn't mean can't do what a man can do and I assure you I am better than what you think. I am a hard worker, incredibly intelligent and tougher than you could imagine. I'm sorry you had to miss out on me ever helping any of you again.

Dave who is the couple, step up and let Samantha know who the others are. She may just like to write them a letter.
And how many guys did you offer the tabulator job too.

Steve, or as I'm know at contests Samantha dad.

wwwarbird:

Wow. Doesn't seem like the best decision toward encouraging the future of the hobby.

Craig Beswick:
Wow  there's nothing like making a private matter public!

From the letter sent by Samantha it seems to me she is more than capable in handling the situation.

I'm not sure why you have found it necessary to stir the pot in an open forum. Each to their own I suppose.

Craig

SammiHines:
Hello everyone. First off, this is not a private matter due to this directly impacting this years event. I believe that this needs awareness and keeping silent will not break the pattern I have endured for 11 years. Even though everyone has not treated me this way, there has been an overwhelming amount of people that have. Each year is something different and I cannot deal with it anymore. I have been feeling underestimated and not equal for too long and something needs to change. If you all want this sport/hobby to not die, I would suggest treating everyone equally no matter age, race or sex. It is 2022, not 1950, please start acting like educated individuals. I do thank those who have supported me, advocated for me and shared laughs with me. I especially thank those who haven't treated me differently because I am a woman or because of my age. Additionally, I feel like this is needed because my flying career ends here. I don't feel like it is worth putting time, money and effort into this which has made me completely lose interest. This is just not benefiting me and is only tearing me down. With this, I really hope this can provoke some change in the community.

Sammi

john e. holliday:
I know I don't really have a fight in this, but I think some people have made a mistake in letting this young lady do the job.  I know of a couple of ladies that did their work for the AMA Nationals.  First one was Bev Wisnieuski(spelling) who cd'd contests and ran the NATS control part.   Brenda Schuette was event director if I remember right before Bev took her under her wing and taught her what she needed to know at the time.  It is probably too late but I think you should have been offered the position.  If you know how to manage people it isn't the title you have.  I know from being an event directer for the NATS it take getting people in the right positions to get things done.  You think Dave or any of the past stunt ED's did it all by them selves.  My thoughts. R%%%% D>K

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version