General control line discussion > Open Forum

DONATIONS Needed…PLEASE!

(1/4) > >>

Michele Lee:
Hi All!

The 2022 NATS is quickly approaching.  We are organizing and working hard to produce a great event but we still need donations to do so.  As of today we haven’t met our goal.  We still need your help of ANY donation to fill in the blanks the the AMA does not cover.

Please consider any donations and send them at your earliest convenience.  We know that every dollar is being stretched right now and we will make every purchase count.  Last year I organized our supply trailer so that we had an inventory to work from and didn’t need to spend money unnecessarily.  So please, if you can just remind yourself on how much this hobby has given you, please consider helping out with your donation.

Please send your donation by check or by PayPal as noted below.

Send checks to Michele Lee , 63 Lakecrest Blvd., Hinckley, Ohio 44233
OR…
PayPal to amaa1018@gmail.com

We will see you in July, Happy flying!

Michele Lee

Paul Walker:
Just sent by PP. Let me know that you got it.

Ken Culbertson:
Wish I could have done more.  See you in 2023.  For now, check PayPal.

Ken

FLOYD CARTER:
I would like to see the NATS and similar contests award lower cost plaques instead of fancy trophies.  One looks at an awarded trophy for, maybe, a few days.  Then the thing goes into the garage forever.  Trophies appeal to people who have never won one.  But NATS attracts top-level flyers, who probably already have a room full of trophies.  Recognition at the awards ceremony is what is important, not the trophy.

Dan McEntee:

--- Quote from: FLOYD CARTER on May 25, 2022, 11:51:41 AM ---I would like to see the NATS and similar contests award lower cost plaques instead of fancy trophies.  One looks at an awarded trophy for, maybe, a few days.  Then the thing goes into the garage forever.  Trophies appeal to people who have never won one.  But NATS attracts top-level flyers, who probably already have a room full of trophies.  Recognition at the awards ceremony is what is important, not the trophy.

--- End quote ---

They have been doing just that for years. The first NATS I attended to fly R/C sailplanes was in 1982 or '83, and they awarded plaques back then. They award plaques back to third, and then if there are a lot of entries, go back beyond third but at extra expense picked up by donations. Awards for the OTS and Classic are not paid for by the AMA. The perpetual trophies were paid for by donations. Some one correct me if I'm wrong but I think I'm in the ball park.

Type at you later,
    Dan McEntee

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version