News:

• March 28, 2024, 04:15:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: DONATIONS Needed…PLEASE!  (Read 1815 times)

Offline Michele Lee

• Trade Count: (0)
  • New Pilot
DONATIONS Needed…PLEASE!
« on: May 24, 2022, 07:43:19 PM »
Hi All!

The 2022 NATS is quickly approaching.  We are organizing and working hard to produce a great event but we still need donations to do so.  As of today we haven’t met our goal.  We still need your help of ANY donation to fill in the blanks the the AMA does not cover.

Please consider any donations and send them at your earliest convenience.  We know that every dollar is being stretched right now and we will make every purchase count.  Last year I organized our supply trailer so that we had an inventory to work from and didn’t need to spend money unnecessarily.  So please, if you can just remind yourself on how much this hobby has given you, please consider helping out with your donation.

Please send your donation by check or by PayPal as noted below.

Send checks to Michele Lee , 63 Lakecrest Blvd., Hinckley, Ohio 44233
OR…
PayPal to amaa1018@gmail.com

We will see you in July, Happy flying!

Michele Lee

Offline Paul Walker

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: DONATIONS Needed…PLEASE!
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2022, 07:54:51 PM »
Just sent by PP. Let me know that you got it.

Offline Ken Culbertson

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2022, 06:33:58 AM »
Wish I could have done more.  See you in 2023.  For now, check PayPal.

Ken
« Last Edit: May 26, 2022, 01:28:56 PM by Ken Culbertson »
AMA 15382
If it is not broke you are not trying hard enough.
USAF 1968-1974 TAC

Offline FLOYD CARTER

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • owner
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2022, 11:51:41 AM »
I would like to see the NATS and similar contests award lower cost plaques instead of fancy trophies.  One looks at an awarded trophy for, maybe, a few days.  Then the thing goes into the garage forever.  Trophies appeal to people who have never won one.  But NATS attracts top-level flyers, who probably already have a room full of trophies.  Recognition at the awards ceremony is what is important, not the trophy.
89 years, but still going (sort of)
AMA #796  SAM #188  LSF #020

Offline Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2022, 12:00:49 PM »
I would like to see the NATS and similar contests award lower cost plaques instead of fancy trophies.  One looks at an awarded trophy for, maybe, a few days.  Then the thing goes into the garage forever.  Trophies appeal to people who have never won one.  But NATS attracts top-level flyers, who probably already have a room full of trophies.  Recognition at the awards ceremony is what is important, not the trophy.

They have been doing just that for years. The first NATS I attended to fly R/C sailplanes was in 1982 or '83, and they awarded plaques back then. They award plaques back to third, and then if there are a lot of entries, go back beyond third but at extra expense picked up by donations. Awards for the OTS and Classic are not paid for by the AMA. The perpetual trophies were paid for by donations. Some one correct me if I'm wrong but I think I'm in the ball park.

Type at you later,
    Dan McEntee
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824
AMA 480405 (American Motorcyclist Association)

Offline Mike Alimov

• Commander
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2022, 07:58:46 PM »
Sent via Paypal

Offline FLOYD CARTER

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • owner
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2022, 08:42:47 AM »
Dan.,  Yes.  Our local contests have awarded plaques for a long time.  I have several from past VSC meets.  I'm all in favor of donations to the NATS.  But less money is needed if the awards were more modest.

Offline dennis choate

• 23 supporter
  • New Pilot
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2022, 11:32:58 AM »
sent via pay pal and please respond

Offline Paul Walker

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2022, 09:21:22 PM »
 But less money is needed if the awards were more modest.
[/quote]

I guess you haven't been to a Nat's for quite some timel
Already "quite modest" by past standards.

Offline Dave_Trible

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2022, 05:59:21 AM »
Yes modest indeed- the plaques are less than $15.00 a piece but there are a large number of them.  AMA picks up only the first few places in AMA events-none of the unofficial events.  Trophies aren't all the costs.  Daily trips to Kinkos for score board printings,  ice and water for the crew and pilots, office supplies and other incidentals make the event "not cheap" to put on. We were forced to hire a college student to help with tabulations last year for a lack of volunteers.   We also give a donation to the NFFS for the use of and maintenance to the trailer used for tabulations.  Our portion of the trophies has run about $850-900.00 the last several years- and we have JUST made that donation wise. All the rest has come from PAMPA.  People put their money where their passion is.....help if you can.

Dave
AMA 20934
FAA Certificate FA3ATY4T94

Offline FLOYD CARTER

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • owner
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2022, 11:12:49 AM »
No.  My last NATS entry was in 1963 in Glenview Illinois.  They moved permanently to Muncie, a very long way from Oregon.

Offline Ted Fancher

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2022, 04:35:04 PM »
Just curious as it's been years since Shareen and I were there for a Nats.  Who is running the event nowadays?

Also,  Noticed in the address for donations that "AMA" was shown as "amaa" is that accurate or an inadvertent error???

Hi to all our Old Friends.  Have a great Nats!

Ted and Shareen

Offline Dave_Trible

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2022, 04:40:50 PM »
Hi Ted.  Yes AMA is still correct.  John Paris will be this year's Event Director and Michele Lee is the Assistant Director.  Hope you get back to Muncie some time!

Dave
AMA 20934
FAA Certificate FA3ATY4T94

Offline Mark Weiss

• 23 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2022, 08:20:37 PM »
 Individually and as PAMPA President, I disagree with the idea of making the awards of lower quality. As Dave pointed out, they are very modest now, to say the least.
This is our national championship. With all the time and money each competitor puts out to get a NATS entry ready, the practice time, the expenditure for their trips to Muncie, should not be rewarded with anything sub par. And maybe there are some of the most talented PA pilots who have accumulated a closet full of awards. But that is no reason to have a first or second time winner receive a plague of lower quality than he has earned at local events.

I was the ED is 2019 and was very proud that we were able to provide very nice plagues to all those who qualified to receive them. Yes, it took some fund raising. The majority of the donations came from the top pilots. They see the value in presenting an award that would make anyone proud.

Offline Howard Rush

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2022, 11:41:34 PM »
How much will it cost to supplement the AMA-funded Open plaques (not plagues, please, we’re tired of that) with large plaques through 10th?
The Jive Combat Team
Making combat and stunt great again

Offline Tom Luciano

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2022, 07:58:14 AM »
I sent a donation to the paypal account above. I received a notification that it went to Michelle Lavecchia. Im hoping this is correct. Michelle looks Italian. Just saying!

Tom
AMA 13001

Offline John Paris

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2022, 10:32:59 AM »
Tom,
Who better than the Italians to handle your money?  That name is correct for that paypal account.  She is Michele Lee under the witness protection program or by marriage, I cannot remember which.

Howard,
Looking into the plaque situation.  Plague situation is under control, even in North Korea.

John
John Paris

Offline Joseph Daly

• 2016 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2022, 05:10:55 PM »
Donation sent. Thank you!

Offline Joseph Patterson

• 21 supporter
  • Captain
  • AMA member- Supporter
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2022, 05:29:09 PM »
  Sending check to you Michelle. THANKS FOR ALL YOU DO AND ALSO THANKS TO jOHN P TOO!
    Doug

Offline Les McDonald

• 23 supporter
  • Captain
  • " The Jelly Man"
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2022, 10:51:34 AM »
I will be sure to get my check in the mail this week!
My deepest regards to all the folks that make these events "happen"!
I see people my age out there climbing mountains and zip lining and here I am feeling good about myself because I got my leg through my underwear without losing my balance

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here