News:

• May 02, 2024, 07:44:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Don's Warbirds  (Read 1093 times)

Offline Tom Niebuhr

• AMA Member
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Don's Warbirds
« on: January 03, 2010, 09:10:18 AM »
Don Hutchinson has created a series of great profile warbirds, that are designed to be competitive stunters. Among the airplanes are T-6, Corsair, Skyraider, Avenger, Dauntless, P-38. Don is currently adding to series, including P-47 and Mustang.

I have had many requests for ribs. (The P-38 is currently available) I will be doing some more of Don's ribs.  Each set requires computer time with little payback, so it depends on the demand. Don's drawings are genuine collector's items, and for me developing these particular laser files are a labor of love.

I currently have had 1 request each for 6 airplanes.  

Anyone who seriously wants ribs for Don's great warbirds, please let me know so that I can set priorities
AMA 7544

Offline wwwarbird

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
Re: Don's Warbirds
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2010, 12:01:50 PM »
 I've got copies of most of Don's plans. They are great designs, well thought out and very nicely done. I'm waiting to see the P-47 plans and then I may be looking for some ribs for it.

What sort of prices are we talking about Tom?
« Last Edit: January 03, 2010, 02:24:46 PM by wwwarbird »
Narrowly averting disaster since 1964! 

Wayne Willey
Albert Lea, MN U.S.A. IC C/L Aircraft Modeler, Ex AMA member

Offline Balsa Butcher

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
  • High Desert Flier
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2010, 01:04:51 PM »
Sight unseen...I'd like a set of P-47 ribs.  Thanks!  8)
Pete Cunha
Sacramento CA.
AMA 57499

Offline Chris McMillin

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
  • AMA 32529
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2010, 05:16:06 PM »
Don Hutchinson has created a series of great profile warbirds, that are designed to be competitive stunters. Among the airplanes are T-6, Corsair, Skyraider, Avenger, Dauntless, P-38. Don is currently adding to series, including P-47 and Mustang.

I have had many requests for ribs. (The P-38 is currently available) I will be doing some more of Don's ribs.  Each set requires computer time with little payback, so it depends on the demand. Don's drawings are genuine collector's items, and for me developing these particular laser files are a labor of love.

I currently have had 1 request each for 6 airplanes.  

Anyone who seriously wants ribs for Don's great warbirds, please let me know so that I can set priorities

Hi Tom,
I'd like a set for the UC-43/GB-2 (Staggerwing). Oh yeah, also that Corsair warbird.
Chris...

Offline Steve Kocher

• Commander
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2010, 05:29:10 PM »
Tom,

I would like a set of ribs for the Hellcat.  Though, I am looking forward to the Thunderbolt and may actually want to build that one first.

Steve.
Steve Kocher
AMA 388654

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2010, 06:39:41 PM »
I still have the Corsair plan and been waiting for ribs or notice of ribs ever since I recived the plans.  Now do you do the laser cutting for the cranks and othe metal stuff he shows? LL~ LL~  Just kidding as I think I need to learn metal working. 
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline roger gebhart

• Commander
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2010, 06:56:49 AM »
Tom;  Put me down for a set of TBF ribs. If you fell like it the forward fuselage piece would be nice too.   rog

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here