News:

• April 19, 2024, 01:48:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Do the different Noblers have different airfoils?  (Read 1085 times)

Offline Ken Deboy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
    • Silk and Dope
Do the different Noblers have different airfoils?
« on: October 03, 2006, 11:57:58 AM »
I'm thinking about getting a Nobler kit. I like the quality of both Brodak and RSM so my choice will come down to the wing. Between the Brodak and RSM Nobler kits, is there a difference in the airfoil? If so, which one has the thicker (blunter?) wing?

Thanks,
Ken
There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness"

Offline Chuck Feldman

• Captain
Re: Do the different Noblers have different airfoils?
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2006, 07:34:32 AM »
The Geiski Nobler has a slightly thicker wing than the others. I do not know if there is any wing thickness differences in the other three.

So for your desire for the thickest wing go with the Geiski.

Good Luck

Chuck Feldman
Chuck Feldman
AMA 15850

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Do the different Noblers have different airfoils?
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2006, 08:37:40 AM »
In regards to the Nobler.  My first Nobler was built from the first kit run Top Flite made.  A club member did the pattern with it and stated it was one of the best planes he had ever flown.  The second Nobler was also a Top Flite kit and pains were taken to make it look good.  The third Nobler was the Top Flite Gieske Nobler.  That is the kit I learned to really use monokote.  The fourth Nobler was a Brodak kit built box stock, no modifications.  I won some trophies with it.  The last one is the ARF from Tower Hobbies that is also box stock.  Every one of them have been Fox 35 Stunt powered.  To me they all flew the same.  Of course every one of my planes need a pilot that knows how to fly the pattern.  Later,  DOC Holliday

PS:If in doubt about which kit to buy, RSM or Brodak, get one of each.  The Brodak kit has a lot of wood to carve and shape. 
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here