General control line discussion > Open Forum

Disability

(1/4) > >>

bruce malm:
All my good buddies in CL,

Over the last few weeks and months, my back pain has gotten worse where I have to take too many of my pain pills at work. I am at the point that the amount I take is toxic and will be applying for disability today. My neurosurgeon  recommended this in February of this year. They will not operate on me anymore, but my one doctor is scheduling me for pain management and maybe some injections that will hopefully give me some relief longer than a couple of hours.

I have given out my cell phone # over the years, but do not know how long that # will be available to me. My last day at work will be April 13, 2007. (Friday the 13th). I have worked all my life since I was able to wash a dish or push a lawn mower and this was a very hard decision.

So if you need to get a hold of me and can't reach me on my cell, please call my home # (530) 677-9061 and leave a message. If you need to send anything to me, please send to:
Bruce Malm
1101 Cobalt Court
Rescue, CA 95672

Please use bruce_malm@hotmail.com for any email.

I have always been a person that believes in the honesty and goodness of most human beings. I have been bitten a few times but will not change my outlook on life and that is why I am not afraid to post the above information.

I look forward to flying with anybody that would like to visit my home and to attending future contests. Teena and I will still be moving in the next 1>2 years to OK, TX., etc, and still plan on traveling to contests around the U.S.A.

I guess I will have more time to do the little things needed before putting the house up for sale, etc.

Hope to see you at the Northwest championships. I am still planning on attending and have hotel reservations. I will be spending a lot of time helping my old buddy Mike Potter run the Carrier events. I hope I can get around to shaking all the hands of everyone I have communicated with over the last few years.

Sincerely,
Bruce Malm / Wackydaddy / AMA 27695      :( :(

Bootlegger:

Steve, I wish you all the best with your retirement. I am blessed in that I'm able to still fly and make some contests. I'll be praying for you and your Mrs... H^^

Bill Gruby:
Bruce;

Sorry to hear that things to do with your ability to get around without difficulty haven't gotten any better for you. Sophie and I will keep you in our thoughts and prayers. Hope one day we can meet. We will be in California to see my daughter but alas Big Bear is quite a ways from you.
  Keep your chin up and things will work out.

"Billy G"  H^^

Bill Little:
Hi Bruce,

I'm very sorry to hear that you "have" to retire.  I think it is always nicer when you can make the decision based on "wanting to", not "having to'.........

This aging process can sure be thougher than a $2 steak sometimes with physical ailments and disabilities!  I have been fighting that for about three years and hope to make it for two more. 

Kepp the spirits up and stay involved in airplanes, and any other hobbies (shooting??), do what you physically can to keep what physical strength you can, and enjoy the extra time with the Bride and family!

"Might" turn out to be the biggest Blessing so far!

Bill <><

bruce malm:
Thanks for all the wishes!! I plan on doing all I can until I can't move any more. I am looking forward to retirement and spending more time with my WONDERFUL WIFE, CHILDREN, AND HOPEFULLY GRANDCHILDREN as long as I can.

See you in the circles.

Bruce

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version