News:

• May 18, 2024, 05:46:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Might be our last warm day  (Read 838 times)

Offline Paul Taylor

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • If God is your Co-pilot - swap seats!
    • Our Local CL Web Page
Might be our last warm day
« on: November 21, 2012, 05:03:32 PM »
I was able to leave work today and met Arlan at the local park to put up what might be the last flights of the year.
Twin Tutors.
The question did come up... Is the T2 a true up scaled Tutor?

Anyway another great way to end a week.  #^

I've just uploaded a movie to YouTube!
You can check it out here:

Paul
AMA 842917

Tight Lines = Fun Times

Offline dave siegler

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
  • sport flier
    • Circlemasters Flying club
Re: Might be our last warm day
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2012, 04:27:36 AM »
We always try to fly somethig on Thanksgiving (RC, rocket or control line) .  The last few years it hs a been windy or corn next door.  Since there is hay in the field next to mom's house, we will try some control line this year.  The group still have some kids that need to see control line, so, I dusted off a filte streak trainer. 

It is kind of neat, becasue that is where we started out so long ago.  Alos I am I have an RC electric airplane with a camera.  So  before the turkey and the touch football, there should be flying this year.
Dave Siegler
NE9N extra class
AMA 720731
EAA 1231299 UAS Certificate Number FA39HY9ML7  Member of the Milwaukee Circlemasters. A Gold Leader Club for over 25 years!  http://www.circlemasters.com/

Offline John Paris

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2012, 05:25:10 AM »
Paul,
It may have been the last warm day, but CL can be a year around flying activity.  While I do admit to not flying PA during the winter, I have been known to strap a ski on a Flitestreak or put two on a Slob for some fun flying.  Actually, I have been probably doing this for 10 years or so with at least one flight a month and often many more.  Even living in Korea has not slowed me down.  Scheduled to get out tomorrow and do a little flying and attended a contest last weekend.  The highs are scheduled to be in the mid 40s much like it was last weekend.  Scheduling might be a little tight for December in Korea between Boy Scout activities and flying back to the US for a business trip, but I will get one while I am back and of course will fly on New Year's Day before returning.

Just dress for the weather and don't worry about flying patterns, just get out there and have fun.  Sometimes a little Zippo lighter fluid can help when it gets really cold.

John
John Paris

Offline PJ Rowland

• AUS - 29541 AMA - 809970
  • Admiral
  • Melbourne - AUSTRALIA
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2012, 05:34:19 AM »
I was dissapointed today we were just short of 100F today..

Summer is knocking and once the new plane is in clear - I'l answer and go fly !
If you always put limit on everything you do, physical or anything else. It will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.” - Bruce Lee.

I Yearn for a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned.

Offline Paul Taylor

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • Our Local CL Web Page
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2012, 07:20:02 AM »
Hey John
I've seen pictures of your FS with skis. We do not get much snow here in the mid south but it does get a bit frosty out. Guess I'm just a whimp when it gets cold.

Maybe I need to turn into a snow bird and move close to PJ in the fall.  LL~
Paul
AMA 842917

Tight Lines = Fun Times

Online Arlan McKee

• 23 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2012, 07:33:08 AM »
Maybe we need to just brave the mid 40 degree temps and go fly later if I can get this leadout slide locked down.

Offline Paul Taylor

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • Our Local CL Web Page
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2012, 07:55:43 AM »
Arlan
Let me see what's on the agenda. I'll let you know.    H^^
Paul
AMA 842917

Tight Lines = Fun Times

Offline Jeff Traxler

• T-Bone
  • 2019 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2012, 10:52:19 AM »
Hey Paul,
       Try an electric!!!!!!They start EVERYTIME on the first flip LL~ LL~ LL~If it's 30 degrees outside with a little sun you can get 3 flights before you get a chance to get cold.I flew every month last year and I am on the way to do it again.

John,
   Are you guys going to be at Broome park new years day?
                                                                                  Trax
If you wanna sing the blues(Fly Stunt) you gotta pay your dues and "I know it don't come easy"

Offline John Paris

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2012, 05:16:57 AM »
Jeff,
That is my normal standing plan.  Dan Miles should be sending something out at some point.
John
John Paris

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here