News:

• March 28, 2024, 10:52:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Did You Get Your Shot?  (Read 19561 times)

Online Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Re: Did You Get Your Shot?
« Reply #100 on: February 10, 2021, 04:46:49 PM »
Very true, Dan! But with respect, there are a few things in your earlier post I’d have to take issue with. I don’t mean it as a personal attack, and there are plenty of other people with similar opinions to yours.

Maybe. But there are a bunch of 80+ year-olds who would still be alive now, but for Covid-19. Having a number of relatives and friends in that age bracket (and having coincidentally just read Al Rabe’s obituary), I’m unwilling to downplay the threat Covid poses to the elderly.

Which are these 4 or 5 vaccines which have just appeared since the election? Pfizer, AstraZeneca, Sputnik, and whatever the Chinese thing is have hardly just appeared.

They’re like any one of us, apart from the years of study and training, maybe decades of experience, and the fact that they tend to be fairly bright sparks to start with. Their lab coat and title mightn’t mean much to you, but it means more to me than someone’s random blog, YouTube video, or unqualified opinion. Sure they’re human and can make mistakes, which is where second opinions from other suitably qualified people come in. However impressed I might be with my own common sense, I don’t tell my brother how to anaesthetise people, I don’t tell my other brother how to negotiate corporate contracts, and they don’t tell me how to fly jets. Things like smallpox, polio and diphtheria were defeated by people with qualifications and lab coats, not folks like you and me using what we consider to be our common sense.

Unfortunately it’s usually a bad thing when science gets enmeshed with politics and ideology, and that seems to be particularly the case with Covid. I get that there are some major trust issues with elements of the media and various government agencies, particularly in the US right now. But there’s also a wealth of freely-available information out there from a lot of credible sources worldwide. I don’t think we can just disregard the vast majority of it simply because it mightn’t suit our view of the world.

Steve

In regards to the 80+ year old death rate. I still question most of those. In reading about local deaths in nursing homes, most of these people were seriously ill or at great risk health wise in the first place with obesity, diabetes and other serious issues,. Right from the start, families were not allowed to visit their loved ones, and no information on their conditions was forth coming, no way to track or question their health and the care that they were being given, if they were in fact getting any. They more or less died from their original conditions, it was just worsened and hastened by the virus and they take advantage of it and it's called a Covid death to fit an agenda.  I've lost too many friends in this age group recently, not to Covid, but through natural causes. It happens. It's part of life. None of us are getting out of this place alive. To politicize these deaths is wrong, and has been made worse by the leadership in some states screwing the pooch with the actions or inactions in handling the situations.

As to the vaccines again, it was said by Faucci and the "experts" in the beginning that it would be two years before an effective vaccine would be ready. This started at the beginning and went on all summer, and whenever President Trump would make a comment about a vaccine being available by the Fall, he was mocked and scolded in the press as speaking out of turn for not "following the science."  I think it was on November 5th or 6th when, low and behold!,  Phizer made the announcement that their vaccine was ready and was 90% effective! And Moderna followed along a few days later and claimed 95% effective. Phizer wasn't finished and then adjusted their claim to 95% also! Wasn't that amazing. A few weeks earlier,  Faucci was still sticking to his guns on the two year time span. I read an article from the New York Times on line that quoted Moderna as saying they had a recipe for their vaccine last January!! That was before anything had even come out about the virus in the MSM. They were too busy trying to fabricate a story to impeach Trump! I've gone back and tried to find that article again and sun of a gun! It's not up anywhere any more!! What does that make you think about whether or not some one knew about this way in advance?

I'm well aware of the need for science and scientists. But like I mentioned before, they are not infallible and not immune to pushing agendas for their own gain. I'm old enough to have witnessed a lot of failed science that was highly touted by the MSM. I lived through previous "pandemics" like the Swine Flu episode in the late 70's. I remember in the early 70's when "science" was adamant about the earth running out of oil by the tear 2000. Just 30 years and there would not be a drop left. This was driven home during the Arab oil embargos, with lines at gas stations, shortages and rationing. Lots of news stories on "60 Minutes"  pushing wind and solar energy, and electric vehicles because we would be absolutely out of oil by the next millennium. That was the first round with windmills, solar panels and electric cars that wouldn't sell because of bad performance, cost, and lack of proper infrastructure to support them. We know how that has all turned out ! Lots more where that came from through history when, like you said, science got enmeshed with politics. In the long run, it's all about the money, isn't it. If you follow the money involved in this thing and could do it unimpeded, I think there are many things that are behind all of this that would appall everyone.

And numbers again. The numbers we get to work with in examining this and arguing about, all come from the same sources, and I even question the accuracy of those, because you don't know what the accuracy is of the numbers they get to make the compilations.  Just who is telling the truth? By the numbers you can find on line, out of a US population of 332,182,680, there have been 27,249,586 cases of Covid, and out of that 470,200 deaths. Even at those inflated numbers, (and we know they are) that is only .141% .  World wide out of a population nearing 8 billion, it's 107,179,340 cases and 2,348,877 deaths, or 1.33% .  To look at it another way, 99.8% of the US population are not sick after a year of dealing with the virus, and 98.7% of the worlds population are not sick. And that is going by numbers that you have to question the validity of, because some one is pushing an agenda by stressing the dark sides of the issue and fear mongering. I had to retire a few weeks ago. Notice I said "Had" to retire, because the company I worked for is shutting down due to the effects of Covid. I really wasn't ready financially and mentally but it was my best option. At my age I didn't want to have to look for a job again.  One of the best economies in history was killed over this fear mongering and the way this was all presented in the media.  The numbers for the increase in alcohol and drug related deaths has shot up, suicides and depression have shot up, and how many people have died from illnesses and diseases that they couldn't get treated for because hospitals have closed down? Lots of talk about over worked medical staffs in the hot spots, but due to the restrictions lots of hospitals in rural areas have closed down, staffs laid off.  No effort made to get the available personnel to where they are needed or maybe no interest in doing that?   
   We'll just have to wait and see what happens over the next 6 months. The numbers are declining but you get conflicting reasons why. I used to be a news junky, reading the daily news paper and watching the evening news, but I gave up my paper subscription when the cost got outlandish and the content was all left leaning BS. The same with TV news. The days of Walter Cronkite  and Huntly and Brinkley are long gone. I know BS when I see it and will just do with out it from now on I think.
   Type at you later,
    Dan McEntee
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824
AMA 480405 (American Motorcyclist Association)

Offline Al Ferraro

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #101 on: February 11, 2021, 05:57:30 PM »
  US vaccine adverse event reporting system (VAERS) reported 500 deaths and 11500 COVID-19 vaccine adverse events, in only 6 weeks!
Al

https://childrenshealthdefense.org/defender/robert-kenney-jr-instagram-removal-account/
« Last Edit: February 11, 2021, 06:35:03 PM by Al Ferraro »

Offline bob whitney

• Admiral
« Reply #102 on: February 11, 2021, 07:44:01 PM »
got #1 today
rad racer

Online Brett Buck

• Admiral
« Reply #103 on: February 11, 2021, 08:20:44 PM »
  US vaccine adverse event reporting system (VAERS) reported 500 deaths and 11500 COVID-19 vaccine adverse events, in only 6 weeks!
Al

https://childrenshealthdefense.org/defender/robert-kenney-jr-instagram-removal-account/

Out of about 12.5 million. I am not trying to talk you into it, but that is about 0.0004%. That meets any threshold for "safe and effective" you are likely to set.

Brett

Offline Steve Thomas

• Commander
« Reply #104 on: February 11, 2021, 08:40:23 PM »
Also:

‘anyone can submit a report to VAERS, including parents and patients’

‘VAERS reports alone cannot be used to determine if a vaccine caused or contributed to an adverse event or illness’

‘VAERS encourages vaccines providers to report significant health problems "whether or not they believe the vaccine was the cause," and disclaims that its data "cannot be interpreted or used to reach conclusions about the existence, severity, frequency, or rates of problems associated with vaccines” ’

‘As far back as 2015, a study assessing claims of deaths from vaccinations highlights that data from the VAERS system is skewed, as it is a system which "accepts any submitted report of an adverse event without judging its clinical significance or whether it was caused by a vaccination." The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention also warns against reporting bias and inconsistent data quality in the VAERS system.’

‘Children's Health Defense, an anti-vaccination advocacy group headed by prominent anti-vaxxer Robert F. Kennedy, Jr., and known for producing misinformation on vaccines and anti-vaccine propaganda.’

https://www.dw.com/en/fact-check-are-covid-19-vaccines-causing-deaths/a-56458746

So it looks like it’s even better than .0004%. Good news.

Offline Al Ferraro

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #105 on: February 11, 2021, 09:00:44 PM »
   Out of about 12.5 million. I am not trying to talk you into it, but that is about 0.0004%. That meets any threshold for "safe and effective" you are likely to set.

Brett
That’s not taking in Consideration that only 1% of adverse effects are reported.
Vaccine manufacturers are required to report to VAERS “all adverse events that come to their attention.”

Historically, fewer than fewer than 1% of adverse events have ever been reported to VAERS, a system that Children’s Health Defense has previously referred to as an “abject failure,” including in a December 2020 letter to Dr. David Kessler, former FDA director and now co-chair of the COVID-19 Advisory Board and President Biden’s version of Operation Warp Speed.
https://childrenshealthdefense.org/defender/deaths-injuries-following-covid-vaccine-cdc/

https://digital.ahrq.gov/sites/default/files/docs/publication/r18hs017045-lazarus-final-report-2011.pdf

Online Brett Buck

• Admiral
« Reply #106 on: February 11, 2021, 09:27:09 PM »
That’s not taking in Consideration that only 1% of adverse effects are reported.
Vaccine manufacturers are required to report to VAERS “all adverse events that come to their attention.”

I was only considering deaths, since "adverse events" is too ambiguous. In any case, Wuhan is 500x times as dangerous, and if someone considers Wuhan not a serious threat, then the vaccine is 3 orders of magnitude *less* of a threat.

Brett

Offline Al Ferraro

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #107 on: February 12, 2021, 09:07:16 AM »
  I was only considering deaths, since "adverse events" is too ambiguous. In any case, Wuhan is 500x times as dangerous, and if someone considers Wuhan not a serious threat, then the vaccine is 3 orders of magnitude *less* of a threat.

Brett
Why take the added risk of getting the Covid-19  vaccine?
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2021/02/cdc-exposed-inflated-covid-deaths-1600-throughout-election-violated-multiple-federal-laws-peer-reviewed-study-finds-state-local-governments-must-act/
« Last Edit: February 12, 2021, 09:41:52 AM by Al Ferraro »

Offline Ken Culbertson

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #108 on: February 12, 2021, 01:56:16 PM »
I got my shot.  I was vaccinated against every known ailment to mankind while I was on worldwide mobility in the Air Force.  Never had a reaction other than a scar where they missed once with the shot "gun"...messy.  If the vaccine was developed under the current administration I may not have had it to take.  Get your shots, I don't want to still be wearing masks when this fall's contests come around and I don't want any more of my competitor's showing up in the Dearly Departed forum either.

Ken 
« Last Edit: February 13, 2021, 11:25:23 PM by Ken Culbertson »
AMA 15382
If it is not broke you are not trying hard enough.
USAF 1968-1974 TAC

Offline Steve Tomlinson

• Ensign
« Reply #109 on: February 13, 2021, 10:14:59 AM »
All good 2nd shot today   
Dont believe conspiracy theories
STEVE Tomlinson

Offline Gene Martine

• 2019 supporter
  • Commander
  • Started flying 1952 (AMA 2903)
« Reply #110 on: February 13, 2021, 06:18:08 PM »
 #^ #^ #^ #^ #^ #^ #^
 Got our first shot today. Got there at 9:45 AM, received our shots at 10 AM, had to wait after shots for 30 min. because my wife is on blood thinners. We
 live 20 mi. away and was home by 11 AM.
 Great job Dept. of Health. Jacksonville, FL.
  y1 y1 y1 y1 y1 y1

Offline Al Ferraro

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #111 on: February 17, 2021, 08:22:04 AM »

Offline Paul Smith

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #112 on: February 17, 2021, 08:38:02 AM »
All good 2nd shot today   
Don't believe conspiracy theories

It took SEVEN years to develop and test the Salk polio vaccine.  I will let others be the test animals for this quickie drug.   
There is no need to risk MY life to test a drug for a disease that can be cured in a week.
Not all conspiracies are empty theories.
Paul Smith

Offline Chuck_Smith

• Captain
« Reply #113 on: February 17, 2021, 09:10:59 AM »
It took SEVEN years to develop and test the Salk polio vaccine.  I will let others be the test animals for this quickie drug.   
There is no need to risk MY life to test a drug for a disease that can be cured in a week.
Not all conspiracies are empty theories.

Paul, that was 1961. We're a little more advanced these days.
AMA 76478

Offline phil c

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #114 on: February 17, 2021, 10:38:33 AM »
I read all these quotes and I don't find anyone questioning why the government decided to try and blockade 325million healthy people instead of quarantining(as in the past-mumps, measles, rubella, polio, malaria etc) people that got sick.  It is MUCH easier and more effective to separate the sick and/or family than it is to get 325million people to follow a bunch of restrictive rules that can be breached by just a few people who can't/won't/too busy to adapt to the rules.  That is especially true when it comes to who is allowed to go back to work(they need money), handle health visits, and the ~50% who just won't "do as they are told" because they don't have time for it.

I think this is a typical Democratic approach- do this because we passed a law, not "do this because this approach has been shown to be effective(when it hasn't).

There is a fair amount of investigation of how the AIDs epidemic has been controlled(or not).  Very little was done to restrict the spread of AIDS.  The end result, which has been a fairly good control of AIDS, was due to the development of effective drugs and vaccines.  Similar control has been developed for the old infective diseases: mumps, measles, rubella, polio, malaria, primarily through vaccines.  Malaria has been controlled with drugs(it's not a virus) after its near extermination using DDT to control the transmitting mosquitoes.  DDT is still used some places on sleeping screens and housing.
phil Cartier

Offline Ken Culbertson

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #115 on: February 17, 2021, 11:21:32 AM »
Ask the how the families of the flyers we have lost to this insidious disease that can be "cured in a week" are doing.
If getting the shot only protected me from getting it I may skip it too but it doesn't.  It keeps me from giving it to you
as well but, if it only takes a week to cure then maybe you wouldn't mind getting it.

The conspiracy is not the vaccine, it is the lockdown.  I would like to cure that in a week.

Ken
AMA 15382
USAF 1968-1974 TAC

Online Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #116 on: February 17, 2021, 11:46:05 AM »
Ask the how the families of the flyers we have lost to this insidious disease that can be "cured in a week" are doing.
If getting the shot only protected me from getting it I may skip it too but it doesn't.  It keeps me from giving it to you
as well but, if it only takes a week to cure then maybe you wouldn't mind getting it.

The conspiracy is not the vaccine, it is the lockdown.  I would like to cure that in a week.

Ken

That's just the thing, they are not sure that it will prevent you from spreading it again, and I heard that right from Faucci's mouth! We are a year later in this thing and they still fall back on , " there is so much about this that we don't know." excuse.  They still want to you wear amask, but now stress TWO masks be worn and keep following all the other protocols. Everyday some one changes a horse in mid stream. People are getting the vaccine and dying from it. People are getting both doses of vaccine and getting infected again weeks after the second dose. I'm not hanging out on any f the fanatical web sights either, I'm getting this from the MSM!!
  Type a you later,
   Dan McEntee
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824
AMA 480405 (American Motorcyclist Association)

Offline Paul Smith

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #117 on: February 17, 2021, 12:23:34 PM »
Paul, that was 1961. We're a little more advanced these days.

Based on the lawyer's ads on TV all day long, there have been many modern products that went to market with incomplete testing. 
Most of them were unleashed on the public well after 1961.

You can't tell another man what to believe.   I believe in seat belts and motorcycle helmets, but some people do not.
Paul Smith

Offline Chuck Matheny

• 23 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #118 on: February 17, 2021, 12:48:36 PM »
I want to be tested for the antigen before I submit to the shot. Why isn't the [[[GLOBALIST CONTROLLED MASS MEDIA]]] broadcasting information about antigen tests...?

Can anyone guess why  the CDC announced the very same day Biden was sworn in ......to make the criteria for adding people to the official CV19 "CASE COUNT / DEATH COUNT LIST" twice as stringent than the way they had  it rigged before hand..? You know, back when they were busy helping to sabotage Trump's booming economy and get Biden installed as President...? That's right, instead of only needing a single positive test to make the list a person now needs 2 consecutive positives to be a legitimate member of the CV19 Case Count.
Any Republican with any Street Smarts knew that this is how it would play out...but Biden hadn't even taken his hand off the Bible yet...!
Same goes for the Death Count list . Instead listing every single person who had ever tested positive but actually died later from some other unrelated cause a CV19 Death...these Fraudulent Bastards [who all deserve a 1 way trip to HELL] have changed their rules so that   CV19 must now be listed as the primary cause of death on the death certificate. All members of the NEVER TRUMPER MSM and all NEVER TRUMPER POLITICIANS who played any role in this deliberate fraud deserve no less than a 1 way trip to HELL.

https://www.technocracy.news/urgent-peer-reviewed-study-exposes-massive-corruption-at-cdc/
« Last Edit: February 17, 2021, 01:05:40 PM by Chuck Matheny »

Offline Ken Culbertson

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #119 on: February 17, 2021, 07:46:25 PM »
and I heard that right from Faucci's mouth!
Which side was he talking through? LL~
AMA 15382
USAF 1968-1974 TAC

Offline Peter Nevai

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
    • C3EL
« Reply #120 on: February 17, 2021, 10:46:27 PM »
Got my first inoculation today, took about 1 hour including the 30 minute observation period. All in all a smooth process. I got the Pfizer vaccine and it is just a little sore at the inoculation site but other than that all is good. No hassles, no issues, no problems. The second one is on the 12th.
Words Spoken by the first human to set foot on Mars... "Now What?"

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #121 on: February 18, 2021, 12:45:39 PM »
I thought we got rid of the politics. D>K
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #122 on: February 18, 2021, 06:52:00 PM »
Sorry, Doc...Politicians made Covid 19 THE topic that it is.

It happens that today I called my Medicare Supplemental Insurance carrier about our situation here. I'm 75, wife 77, and I finally got an appointment for myself for the first shot on the 25th...a week from today...at COSTCO. Wife hasn't been able to get an appointment yet. Can't get it from MY pharmacy, or from MY provider. Further, some low population counties got lots of vaccine, and some large population counties got very little. Prisoners, smokers and the homeless get priority over we elderly taxpayers. WTF? What sort of planning did our idiot Governor and his idiot cronies do...IF ANY? Not logical !   ''  Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline ericrule

• 2014 Supporters
  • Commander
« Reply #123 on: February 18, 2021, 07:06:41 PM »
Scheduled to get my first shot tomorrow 2/19/2021.

Had to go to a non-government source. Although both my wife and I are over 75 and therefore targets for this Chinese Virus our state government (Democratic) feels that prisoners in state prisons are more important so we have to wait until they are all finished. Like most law abiding citizens who pay taxes and contribute to society we are simply of no importance to our state politicians who seems to only pay attention to the Teachers and government employee unions who send millions of dollars year year to the politicians election funds. Yes, California, like a lot of the coastal states, is a "Pay and Play" state.  mw~ mw~ mw~

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #124 on: February 18, 2021, 07:48:17 PM »
Wifey just reminded me of her most recent phone conversation with her brother, in Cuidad de Chihuahua. Before you go into a store there, you get sprayed with something that is supposed to (presumably) kill the Covid 19 virus. Tequila, maybe? He said he thought they were guinea pigs, and that we'd soon be getting sprayed here. Don't anybody tell Newsome, Brown or Inslee about that, because they'd be right on it and write an executive order. 

Anyway, it reminded me of my experience flying back from Australia...after we landed, one of the flight crew came down the aisle spritzing both sides with something that was supposed to kill furrin' insects or maybe stowaways. I figured it was probably water, but maybe Ted or David would have actual information on that?   :X  Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline Al Ferraro

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #125 on: March 02, 2021, 11:11:08 AM »
     Marilyn must have been out of town that day.
Al

Offline Serge_Krauss

• Admiral
« Reply #126 on: March 02, 2021, 11:42:52 AM »
Gusti and I have each received both shots of Pfizer vaccine with no side effects. We were delighted with the friendly and helpful support we received at the Cleveland Clinic Hillcrest facility (her) and the Metro Health Bedford clinic (me). Everyone there met us with smiles and concern for our every need. In our four trips, we were back out within ten minutes of our appointment times, including the 15-minute post-vaccination wait. With three vaccines now and better organization, the vaccination should become increasingly available. I was even called by Wallgreen's, offering me an immediate vaccination last week. We have been very fortunate.

Last Friday, I lost a dear friend of over 60 years to COVID-19, and her husband is still in the hospital after several weeks. On average, one in every 660 Americans has died of this virus already, including another acquaintance who got symptoms after scheduling his first vaccination appointment. So, please take advantage of your earliest chance to get vaccinated. Perhaps your experience will be as great as ours. - SK

Offline Reptoid

• Captain
« Reply #127 on: March 02, 2021, 12:45:42 PM »
I find these facts to be very interesting if you are trying to make an "Informed", "Logical", "Common Sense" decision on whether to get the Vaccine.   I'm not the author .I copied this from an article I read and find it interesting that the explanations and "Reasons" being given by CDC, Fauci, etc. don't logically support getting the shot IMHO.

12 important questions and answers before considering getting vaccinated:

●"If I get vaccinated can I stop wearing a mask(s)?"
Government: "NO"
●"If I get vaccinated will the restaurants, bars, schools, fitness clubs, hair salons, etc. reopen and will people be able to get back to work like normal?
●"If I get vaccinated will I be resistant to Covid?"
Government: "Maybe. We don't know exactly, but probably not."
●"If I get vaccinated, at least I won't be contagious to others - right?"
Government: "NO. the vaccine doesn’t stop transmission."
●"If I get vaccinated, how long will the vaccine last?"
Government: "No one knows. All Covid "vaccines" are still in the experimental stage."
● "If I get vaccinated, can I stop social distancing?"
● "If my parents, grandparents and myself all get vaccinated can we hug each other again?"
● "So what's the benefit of getting vaccinated?"
Government: "Hoping that the virus won't kill you."
●"Are you sure the vaccine won't injure or kill me?"
●"If statistically the virus won't kill me (99.7% survival rate), why should I get vaccinated?"
Government: "To protect others."
●"So if I get vaccinated, I can protect 100% of people I come in contact with?"
● "If I experience a severe adverse reaction, long term effects (still unknown) or die from the vaccine will I (or my family) be compensated from the vaccine manufacture or the Government?"
Government: "NO - the government and vaccine manufactures have 100% zero liability regarding this experimental drug"
So to summarize, the Covid19 "vaccine"...
Does not provide immunity
Does not eliminate the virus
Does not prevent death
Does not guarantee you won’t get it
Does not stop you from passing it on to others
Does not eliminate the need for travel bans
Does not eliminate the need for business closures
Does not eliminate the need for lockdowns
Does not eliminate the need for masking
... and there is an inordinate amount of reports of the damage it is doing and has done to those whom have already taken it!
To be forewarned is to be forearmed.
God bless us all!
Regards,
       Don
       AMA # 3882

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #128 on: March 02, 2021, 01:16:19 PM »
And the reason I will not submit to the whims of what we have as a government now.  They don't even folloow their own rules/orders. S?P
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203

Offline Ken Culbertson

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #129 on: March 02, 2021, 04:42:31 PM »
So I am for the vaccine and so is my wife so I go to the county web site on a Sunday about a month ago and register us both.  Pretty simple.  On Tuesday night I get emails telling us to make an appointment.  So far so good.  The appointments are for Tuesday and Wednesday.  Really great notice so I log in and book mine, ok.  Then I log in to book hers and the only appointments open are for Tuesday and it is already past their times. So I try and exit and it won't let me because I haven't picked a time.  I couldn't even close the window.  Task manager to the rescue.  So we register her again and get a confirmation.  Two weeks go by and no appointment email so I call the county.  They tell me that it is the city so I call the city.  After 5 days of having them hang up after a 20 minute hold I get through!   They say to call the county, so I call the county.  The county tells me that FEMA has taken all of the registrations and they will be scheduling.  So I ask for FEMA's number - they don't have one and we are not allowed to contact them.  Agghh...............

Things were running very smoothly in Dallas, that is until Uncle Joe decided to open one of his super sites.  Isn't centralized government wonderful.

Ken
AMA 15382
USAF 1968-1974 TAC

Online Brett Buck

• Admiral
« Reply #130 on: March 02, 2021, 08:30:10 PM »
●"If I get vaccinated can I stop wearing a mask(s)?"

Proving beyond a shadow of a doubt that even THEY admit masks don't work, and that they are political talismans no more effective than a "political armband", and so you must keep people complying with "orders". 

That notwithstanding,  this is a *real disease* with real risk for certain populations. Vaccines in general have been one of the greatest health boons that we have ever come up with, the principle behind vaccines is correct, and this one works on exactly the same principles as the others. There is no reason to think the risk is unreasonable compared to any other. Its not worth elbowing grandma* out of line for it, but I certainly think that if a vaccine is available, you should take it.

It is extremely unfortunate that the left has turned this into a political issue, and made it into a "personal liberty" VS "virtue signalling" issue, but *don't let their partisan stupidity* interfere with what is generally a sound medical/scientific decision for your own well-being. Don't give these bastards the satisfaction.

Brett

*unless your governor is Cuomo, in which case condolences are in order. To tell you how much the left cares, killing a bunch of old people and then trying to cover it up wasn't enough to get him in real trouble - but they draw the line at moronic pickup lines, that's the political death sentence!  Fine people we are dealing with here.

Offline Mike Griffin

• 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #131 on: March 02, 2021, 09:27:10 PM »
Texas and Mississippi rescinded their mask mandates today.  Kristi Noem of SD pretty well showed how to run a state during a pandemic.  I would like to see her or Ron DeSantis run in 24 if Trump doesn't.

Mike

Offline Mike Griffin

• 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #132 on: March 02, 2021, 09:32:49 PM »
Since Brett mentioned virtue signaling in his last post, have you noticed that the "two maskers" wear different color masks.  I am just waiting of Fauci to demand we wear a mask over your butthole. 

Mike

Offline Dick Pacini

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #133 on: March 02, 2021, 11:26:05 PM »
Getting my second shot today, 3/3/21.
AMA 62221

Once, twice, three times a lady.  Four times and she does it for a living.  "You want me on that wall.  You need me on that wall."

Online Steve Dwyer

• 2020 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #134 on: March 03, 2021, 05:18:12 PM »
We got our second Pfizer shots Sunday with no side effects now three days later.  Several others we know receiving the Moderna shots have complained of feeling tired and run down to the point they stayed in bed for most of the following day. In any case it's good to have gotten it done, hopefully it brings us closer to a normal life again.

Steve

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Just here for the fun of it also.
« Reply #135 on: March 03, 2021, 07:34:04 PM »
I didn't and I won't.

I haven't warn a mask yet, except for the store where I buy the dog's chicken.
Trump Derangement Syndrome. TDS. 
Avaiojet Derangement Syndrome. ADS.
Amazing how ignorance can get in the way of the learning process.
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #136 on: March 03, 2021, 09:45:09 PM »
Well that does it. I'm allergic to Tylenol. D>K
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203

Online Steve Dwyer

• 2020 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #137 on: March 04, 2021, 06:15:15 AM »
Setting aside the contributor's humor about buying a pet chicken for the dog and another's painful kick in the arm from the Covid-19 "go-protein" vaccine it appears important for us to consider the effects of using Tylenol or any pain suppressant when taking the shot. When asked if I could receive a scheduled shot of prednisone for my arthritic thumb (wear n tear from my baseball days) I was told not to take it for at least two weeks. There is some controversy here but in general the science contends use of a pain suppressant can extend the normal two week period to achieve full benefit and in other opinions it can reduce to some degree the vaccine's effectiveness all together.

So in the end I guess I'll play by the rules and bear through any headaches and a sore thumb joint for the recommended duration. Finally we are forecasted to reach temperatures in the mid 50s next week, hopefully I can get out in the garage to shoot some dope, oops! spray.

Steve

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #138 on: March 04, 2021, 07:18:19 AM »
Setting aside the contributor's humor about buying a pet chicken for the dog.....

Where did I say I bought a pet chicken?

It so happens we have Cavalier King Charles Spaniels, and have had this breed for many many years.

They don't live long. 8-9 years generally. The reason is they develop a heart disease which is quite common for this breed.

Between our own experience from having dogs in the past and information from Vets, who know this breed, having the dog on a no salt chicken breast diet, plus daily medication, can extend their lives greatly. One of our dogs is 13 years old now only because of our efforts.

No, we have no chickens as pets, but, here in the TN countryside, there's plenty of them.

With all that's been going on and what has been reviled about our government leaders, you trust them enough to take a vaccine?

I haven't had a government vaccine since my induction into the Army and this was a lifetime ago. Never got the Flu shot either.

My neighbors, Bill and Beverly, 94 and 91. Contacted the COVID. They received no medical attention, medication or personal care. Stayed at home for 14 days.

Back to normal they are and this was 4 months ago.

Their son visited them every day to leave stuff and their mail on their door step. He never came down with it. I was in their house days before they came down with it and I never got the virus.

If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Online Steve Dwyer

• 2020 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #139 on: March 04, 2021, 07:36:59 AM »
Charles,

Chickens can live 5 to 10 years and tend to remain healthy throughout the duration if given good care, they can also live harmoniously with dogs if brought together early on. Chickens, however, don't like to be leashed. Enjoy the humor please at no expense.

Looks like Bill and Beverly dodged a bullet!!

Steve

Offline GallopingGhostler

• 23 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #140 on: March 04, 2021, 08:09:26 AM »
The pullet hens that I used to pick eggs from while working part time after high school in the early 1970s produced about an egg a day. Egg production tapered off and they were only good for about a year or 2, then went to the slaughter house as "stew birds". (Now you know where your Dinty Moore stew meat comes from.) y1 Of course this was economics, feed costs money and when the chickens couldn't earn their keep, off with their heads. :X

I got the NM Moderna Covid shot, but because I work several days a week as a volunteer at the Salvation Army distributing food to the poor, basically shot for reasons of the State, we are an excepted from the prescribed lockdowns as serving indigenous, homeless and poor. The "essential" workers were prioritized to get it.

We don't know what is truly that they are giving us. One thing noticeable, but not have not read in anything produced by the state (although it may be there), is that the mRNA shot is experimental as approved by CDC. The hand out I got after I got the shot stated that. I had no side effects, went to the gym daily to work out for the next couple days as usual.

Quote from: Mark 16:17-18 NHEB
These signs will accompany those who believe: in my name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new languages;  they will pick up serpents with their hands; and if they drink any deadly thing, it will not harm them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover."

So from a Christian point of view, if there is something undisclosed and nefarious in the shot (it is a poison) and later I die because of it, I get to be with the Lord earlier. If nothing happens, then the provisions of Mark 16 apply.

Online Steve Dwyer

• 2020 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #141 on: March 04, 2021, 09:19:18 AM »
GG,

You're not going to die, it's a happy shot, safe a stick of licorice.

Did you make pets out of some of the Pullets?

Steve

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #142 on: March 04, 2021, 10:28:15 AM »
GG,

You're not going to die, it's a happy shot, safe a stick of licorice.

Steve

Government just confiscated 10's of thousands of fake vaccines i Africa.

Online Steve Dwyer

• 2020 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #143 on: March 04, 2021, 02:24:48 PM »
Wouldn't you agree a few placebos here and there are ok? Now the folks that don't want the shot can take these and say they did.

Offline Ken Culbertson

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #144 on: March 04, 2021, 03:06:03 PM »
I am 100% behind anyone that wants to not get the shot for whatever reason.  I am also 100% behind someone suing you if you decline the shot and they can prove you gave it to them.  It cuts both ways.  I am surprised that Biden hasn't cut off our supply to give it to the illegals crossing the border.  One group they dumped in one of our border towns got tested by the locals 100+ out of 400 had the virus.  They processes about 5,000 that day, no tests then they dumped them inland.  You are damn right I am getting the vaccine if I am going to have to live with Biden's small pox blankets surrounding me.

Ken
AMA 15382
USAF 1968-1974 TAC

Offline GallopingGhostler

• 23 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #145 on: March 04, 2021, 04:09:17 PM »
GG, You're not going to die, it's a happy shot, safe a stick of licorice.

The viruses are related, I couldn't tell if this one was a tweetment or oinkment.

All the time I was egg picking, I didn't know the chickens were talking about this. Remember, Noah was a conspiracy theorist for 100 years until the rains came.

Online Brett Buck

• Admiral
« Reply #146 on: March 05, 2021, 12:08:38 AM »
Here is an example of what makes us all so mad - this straight from the sainted WHO (in 2018)

Measles is a highly contagious, serious disease caused by a virus. Before the introduction of measles vaccine in 1963 and widespread vaccination, major epidemics occurred approximately every 2–3 years and measles caused an estimated 2.6 million deaths each year.

That is *the measles*!  The same thing that people used to give kids *intentional exposure* to, and which everybody just assumed was more-or-less inevitable and no one paid more than passing attention to.

2.6 million dead  - A YEAR. For MANY YEARS!

And yet, we didn't feel the need to run roughshod over constitutional rights and destroy the entire economy - and spend ourselves into permanent tens of trillions of dollars of debt - over something *as deadly as Wuhan*.

Vaccination, of course, works, so you should probably get a vaccination for Wuhan, just like measles. Continuing on:

More than 140 000 people died from measles in 2018 – mostly children under the age of 5 years, despite the availability of a safe and effective vaccine.
Measles is caused by a virus in the paramyxovirus family and it is normally passed through direct contact and through the air. The virus infects the respiratory tract, then spreads throughout the body.

Even with a vaccination program throughout nearly the entire world, it worked very well, from 2.6 million without, to 140,000 with - but that's *still 140,000 dead*. Continuing further on:

Accelerated immunization activities have had a major impact on reducing measles deaths. During 2000– 2018, measles vaccination prevented an estimated 23.2 million deaths. Global measles deaths have decreased by  73% from an estimated  536 000 in 2000* to 142,000 in 2018.

That was a mere 20 years ago, over half a million, despite a very effective and widely available vaccine (mostly among those who didn't get it for whatever reason, idiots listening to a playboy playmate and the guy who used to play Fire Marshall Bill on TV, whatever).

Proving beyond any shadow of a doubt that this was politically motivated and enabled entirely by the fact that people have lost any sense of proportion about what constitutes risk. Something that happened every few years,  as bad or worse than Wuhan, over and over and over, and we barely noticed it unless you got an itchy rash. Now, we have *damn near destroyed the entire world* and *instituted widespread totalitarianism* trying to avoid what is almost certainly a one-shot, receding to background, risk, less of a risk than we routinely accepted and barely acknolwedged 50 years ago.

It also explains why older people (including myself) are resistant or dismissive - because *we lived through at least as bad* - and measles was far from the only risk. Younger people have had no experience like this and have lived a life of unprecedented wealth, comfort, and safety, so this looks like a catastrophe, when we are still better off and less impacted by infectious disease even in 2020 than people were in 1955, with measles *alone* being equivelent to Wuhan, and also polio, mumps, German measles, and even smallpox still running around. People didn't live their lives in abject terror then - why are we doing it now?

Brett

p.s. in case anyone thinks it is "fake news" or a "conspiracy theory" (which apparently, all you have to do is say it and it is automatically true) -

https://www.who.int/en/news-room/fact-sheets/detail/measles
« Last Edit: March 05, 2021, 01:19:09 AM by Brett Buck »

Offline Howard Rush

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #147 on: March 05, 2021, 02:16:26 AM »
Got my first shot today at a conference room on the Microsoft campus, ensuring I’ll get the latest chips.  Had a reaction that kept me out of the shop the rest of the day.  I’m looking forward to seeing y’all at contests this year.
The Jive Combat Team
Making combat and stunt great again

Offline Chuck_Smith

• Captain
« Reply #148 on: March 05, 2021, 05:51:48 AM »
This thread strikes me as both humorous and sad at the same time. 

First, I think there's a certain portion of the "anti-vaccers" here that are just plain afraid of getting a shot, period, and will go through all kinds of mental gyrations to avoid one. I also suspect that those who will call me out the loudest on that statement probably fall into that category the most.

Second, it's a great example of the "I'm entitled to do anything I want under the guise of "freedom" mentality of my generation.

I'm excited to get vaccinated. I'll be living, walking proof of science making the world better. My wife nearly died a year ago. She spent 9 days in the ICU and I was called into the "consultation room" twice. She's doing great now but is one of those people at very high risk to succumbing to the virus. She gets her second shot next Tuesday.

When people walk around flouting no masks and no vaccinations all I can think of is how selfish they are. They choose to roll the dice and say it's their right. What they don't consider is that they may infect others that are at risk.

That mentality would be akin to someone saying, "Well, I drive a new Volvo which is the safest car in the world so it's my right to drink and drive and not follow the road signs. I figure I'll be just fine. If I hit someone in a Hyundai and they get killed too bad for them. They should have worked harder and bought a better car."

You can yell "freedom" and talk about your personal rights until the cows come home - but where and how I was raised, you live by the Golden Rule. You look out for your neighbors and you do the right thing - always. Truth, justice and the American way.

"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country."

Apparently, that  has either been lost or ignored by an awful lot of Americans these days and that makes me sad. When I see the mental gyrations and misrepresentations of data out of context trying to make a point it makes me laugh. When I realize why people do it it makes me sad.

It's OK to be afraid to be vaccinated, but you need to suck it up and not let (unfounded) fear run your life. Be brave, do the right thing and be an example to others. You want to be a patriot? Now's your chance.

Peace,

Chuck
AMA 76478

Online Steve Dwyer

• 2020 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #149 on: March 05, 2021, 08:45:43 AM »
Well said Chuck!!!

This additionally leads me to wonder if some the good folks here would prefer to have all the Asian Americans corralled and isolated as was the Japanese during WWII. Those who promote a negative ideology ideally only fuels the hatred and attack on good people, many have been beaten, stabbed not to mention the abuse Asian children receive in school and on line. What good does it do to castigate these people? Let's move on and deal with our problems at hand instead of dwelling on the basis for them; such energy could be well spent in a more productive way.

Secondly, If only the conspirator theorist would spend as much time attempting to validate a theory compared to time spent conjuring it in a manner so as to be as graphic and tantalizing to the gullible we'd be much farther ahead.

Steve

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here