News:

• April 24, 2024, 06:28:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Devotion  (Read 1386 times)

Online Tony Drago

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
Devotion
« on: November 26, 2022, 09:02:08 AM »
Went yesterday to see Devotion. Good movie.
 I think they nailed it on the planes. Especially if you like Bearcats. Corsairs and AD-1 Skyradiers.

Offline wwwarbird

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
Re: Devotion
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2022, 11:15:49 PM »

Haven't seen it yet but plan to soon, please keep the details quiet for now folks.  n1 :)
Narrowly averting disaster since 1964! 

Wayne Willey
Albert Lea, MN U.S.A. IC C/L Aircraft Modeler, Ex AMA member

Online Tony Drago

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2022, 12:07:16 AM »
 H^^

Offline wwwarbird

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2022, 09:19:33 PM »
 Got home just a little while ago from going to see "Devotion". EXCELLENT movie, great casting, and very well done throughout. This movie has powerful meaning, it's much more than just a movie for airplane nuts. If you haven't gone to see it yet, make a point to do so.  y1

Wayne Willey

Offline Roy DeCamara

• Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2022, 01:46:56 AM »
My wife and I went this afternoon to see the movie.  The DVD machine or whatever the theater uses, broke down in the middle of the first mission over Korea.  After 15 minutes or so, the movie started for a few minutes and then it was backed up to where it was first interrupted, ran another ten minutes or so and stopped again.  We were given vouchers to come back are see the movie.  That we will do.  My wife gave me a copy of the book for Xmas several years ago and I have read the book.  This is a tragic story of a good man.  I was 10!/2 years old when the events of this movie happened.  Of course I had no clue about Korea.  I remember that about that time I was working on my parents for a new Veco 29 and a Warrier kit.  I did get these for Xmas.

Online Tony Drago

• Captain
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2022, 05:07:17 PM »
 The book is always better by far.  The powers at be in HW will most always put their spin on things.
 The producers make the calls. Like the old saying more or less. It's my ball. If you want to play my way fine. If not too bad. All in all. I liked the movie and most likely will go see it again.

Offline frank williams

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2022, 06:13:39 PM »
Bearcats?

Offline wwwarbird

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2022, 07:28:14 PM »

Wayne Willey

Offline wwwarbird

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2022, 07:46:20 PM »
What I have seen of the trailer is full of crap. Not very accurate in many places. I served on a CVA for 4 years and some of the flight deck scenes are pure holllywood BS..  The book was better.  I read about Brown many years ago. D>K

It's still worth a look Ty, being 2022 we can be glad they produced a movie on the subject at all. The story is told well and gets to your heart, did mine anyway. Yes, there's a bit of Hollywood influence here and there, but it's still a very well done movie overall. There is a fair amount of CG work in it but much better than usual for Hollywood. There is a decent amount of real aircraft footage shown as well, both stills and in flight. For example the flying/taxi action and scenes are waaaaay better than "Red Tails" was, along with many others. At the conclusion of the movie the historic/period B&W still photos, captions and credits were a respectful extra detail and nice to see included. It's a movie, not a documentary. Also, it's not 1950 anymore, so until Ken Burns makes an effort this is what we've got.

Wayne Willey

Offline Perry Rose

• Go vote, it's so easy dead people do it all the time.
  • Admiral
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2022, 05:20:18 AM »
Is this a WW2 film??
I may be wrong but I doubt it.
I wouldn't take her to a dog fight even if she had a chance to win.
The worst part of growing old is remembering when you were young.

Offline Steve Dwyer

• 2020 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2022, 07:40:43 AM »
Is the movie plot similar to the plot in the Tuskegee Airmen where black pilots struggled for acceptance? I haven't seen the trailer either. Don't give too much away, just the basis for the movie.

Steve

Offline wwwarbird

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2022, 08:20:21 PM »
Is the movie plot similar to the plot in the Tuskegee Airmen where black pilots struggled for acceptance? I haven't seen the trailer either. Don't give too much away, just the basis for the movie.

Steve

The main character, Jesse Brown, verbally touches on acceptance a couple times but it doesn't really have much to do with the movie plot. Let's not pick it apart too much here folks, just get off your duffs and go see it.  ;D

Wayne Willey

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here