News:

• May 17, 2024, 05:06:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Naughty Girl  (Read 2062 times)

Mike Griffin

• Trade Count: (0)
Naughty Girl
« on: August 03, 2013, 11:27:29 AM »
No this is not what you were thinking so as they said in "COOL HAND LUKE"  "get your mind right boy".  Loved that show...anyway, below you will see two pictures of the Naughty Girl Profile designed by John Ashford.  The yellow one is for a internal combustion engine and the green one, built by Andrew Borgogna, is electric.  This is the most overlooked profile on the market today.  Everyone who has built and flown this plane raves about what a good flyer it is.  Not only that, RSM can ship you the kit cut for either electric power or an engine.

I do not think we have done a good job of making you all aware of this great flying profile, so I am going to run a little side special on this kit through August.  This is a stand alone special and IS NOT included in the Shipping cost special going on this month also.

Here are the specs on the model:

Wing Span: 50 1/4"
Length: 42 7/8"
Area: 553 sq. in.
Engine: .40 - .46
Full-Size Plans
Contest Balsa
Adjustable Leadout Guide
Rib Cut Outs for Jig
Wing Tip Weight Box
Laser Cut Parts
Delux Hardware Package

Here is the link to take you to the Naughty Girl Kit Special...thanks

http://stunthanger.com/smf/index.php?topic=32290.0

Mike

Offline FLOYD CARTER

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • owner
Re: Naughty Girl
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2013, 03:53:32 PM »
Hard to tell from the quarter views, but proportions look about right.  You might give more info on airfoil used.  Is the long profile nose adequately rigid?

A 50" model seems like "in-between" size:  too big for a Fox 35 and too small for the OS 46LA.

Floyd
90 years, but still going (mostly)
AMA #796  SAM #188  LSF #020

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2013, 07:28:34 PM »
Hard to tell from the quarter views, but proportions look about right.  You might give more info on airfoil used.  Is the long profile nose adequately rigid?

A 50" model seems like "in-between" size:  too big for a Fox 35 and too small for the OS 46LA.

Floyd

Hi Floyd,

Years ago when I was flying Fox .35s on a regular basis, a 50" WS was about average for stunters of the day, even larger!

BIG Bear
RNMM/AMM
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

James Hylton Motorsports/NASCAR/ARCA

AMA 95351 (got one of my old numbers back! ;D )

Trying to get by

Mike Griffin

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2013, 10:27:40 PM »

Floyd

Hi Floyd.  Do not have the NACA info on the airfoil.  I have not heard of a nose breaking off yet and I would put a .40 or a .46 on this puppy in a heartbeat.  But I would make mine electric..

Mike

Offline proparc

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2013, 08:07:39 AM »
I feel cheated here. I thought I was going to click on to a red-hot thread. LL~
Milton "Proparc" Graham

Mike Griffin

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2013, 08:33:58 AM »
OK Terence if this helps here are some more specs.... 36 - 23 - 34.    #^ #^ #^ #^ #^ #^

Mike

Offline Jim Carter

• Admiral
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2013, 01:46:51 PM »
OK Terence if this helps here are some more specs.... 36 - 23 - 34.    #^ #^ #^ #^ #^ #^

Mike

Ohhhhh yeaaaaaaaah!  Fox 36, 23 span, 34 fuse .... done up in hot red dope!!  Ooooooooooo!!  Sizzlin'!!  Ooooooooooo!!  Sizzlin'!!   ;D

Offline Andrew Borgogna

• Andy
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2013, 02:05:18 PM »
I had the good fortune of being asked to build the prototype of the Naughty Girl for RSM  Before I started the build I asked Eric if it would be OK to do it as an electric.  He gave me the go ahead and I have been having fun with it ever since.  It is my "goto"  plane for contest and just having fun.  It fly's great on electric and I am sure it fly's great on IC.  I have well over a hundred flights on it, I have let many people fly it with great results.  I totally agree with Mike on his assessment of the Naughty Girl. y1
Andy
Andrew B. Borgogna

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here