News:

• April 18, 2024, 09:05:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Changes at RSM Distribution  (Read 3040 times)

Offline ericrule

• 2014 Supporters
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
Changes at RSM Distribution
« on: July 30, 2019, 02:19:29 PM »
Almost one year ago RSM Distribution went through an expansion with Mr. Michael Hason being added to the company. Mike is a very experienced R/C builder and pilot. As such he has the knowledge available to allow RSM Distribution to expand it's activities into the R/C market at a level substansially above that of just another supplier of miscellaneous parts. His interest areas are large scale, jet turbine and IMAC models.
For the past year Mike has been learning a whole lot about C/L models, power systems, specialty products used exclusively by C/L, laser cutting and AutoCAD design. In addition to this he has been gradually taking over more of the day-to-day running of RSM Distribution. He is now at a point where he can run things with very little input from me.
As many of you know I have reached the age of 76. While my health is generally decent today common sense tells me that this trend is not likely to continue forever. In reality it is time for Eric Rule to slow down, take a bit of time off work and build and fly more C/L models. For that reason I plan to spend less time at RSM Distribution and more time at the building bench and flying field. I also intend to continue converting old plans into AutoCAD for laser cutting. Mike tells me that is fine with him and has purchased RSM Distribution. I still have to be available from time to time to answer the more technical questions, draw up new AutoCAD plans, design more C/L models and work with him on a new line of R/C kits. To me that sounds like almost the prefect retirement plan as I will have more time available to do what really interests me but still be involved in the really interesting part of model aviation.

Offline Peter in Fairfax, VA

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Changes at RSM Distribution
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2019, 03:00:01 PM »
Thanks for all the great products and service, as well as the update.  Much appreciate that RSM was always available to answer questions about products, how to use the website to order, etc.

Peter

Offline Tim Wescott

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2019, 03:09:19 PM »
Congrats on your retirement!
AMA 64232

The problem with electric is that once you get the smoke generator and sound system installed, the plane is too heavy.

Offline Warren Walker

• 23 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2019, 05:37:13 PM »
That's wonderful Eric, now you have no excuse not to come to Man Cave night. BTW we are having one this Thursday, call me.

WW

Offline Shug Emery

• 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral
  • Whoooo Buddy))))
    • Sean Emery funny guy juggling and stuff
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2019, 05:57:43 PM »
Good luck on some good off-time and handle time.
I've always enjoyed your "press and play" electric systems. Keeps from having to think so much.
Shug
Whoooooo Buddy)))))))

Offline Balsa Butcher

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
  • High Desert Flier
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2019, 07:42:41 PM »
Congratulation on your decision to retire Eric. Hope to see you out at the field more, maybe even with a handle in your hand.  And thank you Mike for continuing the company.   8)
« Last Edit: July 30, 2019, 08:48:51 PM by Balsa Butcher »
Pete Cunha
Sacramento CA.
AMA 57499

Offline Tony Drago

• Captain
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2019, 08:25:44 PM »
Wishing you all the best Eric.

Offline Mike Callas

• 21 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2019, 10:12:13 PM »
Thanks for the help Eric. Enjoy retirement.

Offline Paul Walker

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2019, 11:37:58 PM »
I have an engine for your new plane Eric!

Offline Gordon Van Tighem

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2019, 02:05:21 AM »
All the best Eric, retirement is great, I have done it 3 times and am still working.
Hope to see you at future VSCs.
Gord VT
Gord VT
MAAC 3738L, Life Member
AMA C3738L

Offline fred cesquim

• Captain
    • Fred Cesquim Aeromodelos
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2019, 04:52:51 AM »
Eric, wish you a great time all the way from Brazil! you will enjoy some good time modelling and we will be graced with more outstanding kits designed with your great skills!  Thanks for raising the bar for the control line community worldwide and make a legendary company!
keep posting your progress on the bench and flying here, we surely need more great stuff to keep up with our lifestyle (hobby?)
hope to finish the MIG in the near future as time allows and post here sooner
regards

Offline Ted Fancher

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2019, 11:59:32 AM »
Hi Eric,

Congratulations on your decision to take a little time for yourself and a great big thank you for all you've done (and will likely continue to do...even if "in absentia") for C/L and Precision Aerobatics in particular.  Although it appears we will be more likely to run into one another at an AARP convention than at a Muncie Nats I will nonetheless remember the great pleasure it was to work with you as you massaged one design or another into a piece of "Stunt Kit Art."  The event, the hobby and the industry owe you a big round of applause.  Best wishes on your future occasional collaboration with RSM and for a happy and healthy "retirement".

Ted Fancher

Offline Randy Cuberly

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2019, 12:34:21 PM »
Dang...I wish I could retire... Uhhhh oh wait, I did about 10 years ago!!!

Memory isn't what it used to be!!!  Personally I hate getting old but I definitely hate the alternative more!

I'm both happy (for you) and sad (for the rest of us denizens), that something I had grown to depend on (RSM) may be changing (only a little bit I hope)!

I can only hope that it doesn't drift to be more R/C oriented and less C/L effective.

Seriously Eric, you've been a good friend and dependable source of information and C/L Kits and Hardware.

On the up side, maybe we'll get to see a little more of you over here in Tucson again!

Wishing you the very best in the future!
A Friend.
Randy Cuberly
Randy Cuberly
Tucson, AZ

Dwayne

« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2019, 12:47:15 PM »
Good for you, maybe you can come up for homecoming and we can hit Aberdeen together.  y1 <= n~ LL~

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2019, 01:30:27 PM »
Its about time Eric.  I still remember the first time I met you at Tuscon during a VSC.  It been great to know you and can't thank you enopough for all you have done.  Have a great semi-retirement.   I think I can say that from experience.   H^^
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline SteveMoon

• 2013 Supporter
  • Captain
    • www.ultrahobbyproducts.com
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2019, 03:10:36 PM »
Good for you Eric! Enjoy your semi-retirement and spending
more time at the flying field.

Steve

Offline Chris Cox

• Commander
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2019, 06:45:24 PM »
Congratulations Eric.  I wish you many years of building and flying.  Hope to see you at the Northwest Regionals sometime soon.   Also looking forward to seeing Lanny Shorts present you with a still flying at 80 hat in a few (+ 1) years!

Cheers!

Offline Larry Renger

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2019, 08:38:42 PM »
It has been a pleasure and honor to work with you over the years. Let’s keep it up designing new stuff! For you’re a jolly good AMA Fellow. (Yes, guys, he really is an AMA Fellow honoree, I was there when it was awarded to him)

VD~
Think S.M.A.L.L. y'all and, it's all good, CL, FF and RC!

DesignMan
 BTW, Dracula Sucks!  A closed mouth gathers no feet!

Offline Kevin Muckleroy

• Lieutenant
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2019, 09:45:10 AM »
Fantastic and Congratulations Eric!  H^^ Great to hear someone took over the business and you can finally get to start relaxing & enjoying the hobby.
Cheers to Ya

Offline BYU

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2019, 10:50:21 AM »
Long overdue! Friendly fast service that to be honest was totally out of tune with the usual delayed and slow delivery that was the norm elsewhere. I am guessing RSM will still be “disrupting” even after you leave completely.

Perhaps you can now get back to the important role you play in keeping Evil Larry in his place with appropriate scores for his appearance points and finishing. I believe you are one of the few who recognized his appearance points as being a respectable 12 ?

But again, a big thanks for introducing “Larry Cote”

Offline Charles Carter

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Flying Control Line Stunt
    • Flying Control Line Stunt
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2019, 03:52:38 PM »
Congrats Eric!  Well lets put some holes in the sky.  Come down to Escondido and fly with and me.

Charles Carter

Offline Jerry Higgins

• Lieutenant
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2019, 09:41:25 PM »
Congratulations on your retirement, Eric!

Offline Dennis Leonhardi

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • AirClassix on eBay
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2019, 10:45:17 PM »
Congrats and Best of Luck Eric, you've always gone above and beyond to meet my requests!

Dennis
Think for yourself !  XXX might win the Nats, be an expert on designing, building, finishing, flying, tuning engines - but you might not wanna take tax advice from him.  Or consider his views on the climate to be fact ...

Offline Chuck_Smith

• Captain
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2019, 06:02:05 AM »
Well done Eric. I think you have some unfinished business at the Toronto and District Championship. Tight lines.
AMA 76478

Offline YakNine

• AMA Member
  • Commander
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2019, 06:10:17 PM »
Well earned Eric, you have always been an absolute pleasure to deal with, I am happy you have a plan in place to continue your line of excellent products. I look forward to the day when everyday is Saturday too. Good luck sir enjoy it! TJ
AMA 85135                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    GSCB

Offline ericrule

• 2014 Supporters
  • Commander
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2019, 09:46:15 AM »
Gentlemen;

I am amazed and truly honored by your comments. The 28 years that I was involved with RSM Distribution were some of the best years of my life due to the fact that I worked with so many fine people. I will miss that most of all.
Eric

Offline James Holford

• 2020 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2019, 11:23:23 AM »
As long as I can still get the Snub Nose GRW Uniflow tanks and stainless threaded rod ends Im happy lol.

Enjoy your retirement!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Jamie Holford
Baton Rouge Bi-Liners
Lafayette, La
AMA #1126767

Offline Norvaldo

• 2020 supporter
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2019, 07:40:34 PM »
Good luck Eric.
It has been a pleasure doung business with you.
Best regards
Norvald Olsvold
Norvald Olsvold

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here