News:

• May 23, 2024, 09:47:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: New Topic unrelated - not political  (Read 620 times)

Offline Steve Dwyer

• 2020 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
New Topic unrelated - not political
« on: February 12, 2023, 06:26:41 AM »
I know many of you folks are veterans from reading past dialogue on time in the service. What I'd like to know is would you recommend USAA for your property insurance? Not so much for price but more so how they handle claims, especially property losses to your home or building. I'm with SF and I have heard from experience they are disastrous when it comes to responding and paying out especially for a large fire or flood damage. This individual said dealing with their claims office was a nightmare, they cut you a minimal check and run. We had a bump with the car and I have no complaints on the auto claims end. I know our agent personally and he's a great guy but he is completely detached from the claims end of the business. The agents sell insurance and farm you off to a 1-800 number when you have a claim. Anyone have USAA claims experience? Response time, communication, payment??

Steve

Online Gerald Arana

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: New Topic unrelated - not political
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2023, 06:58:42 AM »
We've had AAA for over 50 years and they are very good about payouts. Maybe not the cheapest, but they are local.

I'm not real happy with farmers but to lazy to change....which would take an argument with the boss. (happy wife, happy life)

Cheers, Jerry

PS:I hate insurance robbers....er uh companies.

Offline Tom McClain

• Charter Member
  • Commander
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2023, 08:58:21 AM »
I know many of you folks are veterans from reading past dialogue on time in the service. What I'd like to know is would you recommend USAA for your property insurance? Not so much for price but more so how they handle claims, especially property losses to your home or building. I'm with SF and I have heard from experience they are disastrous when it comes to responding and paying out especially for a large fire or flood damage. This individual said dealing with their claims office was a nightmare, they cut you a minimal check and run. We had a bump with the car and I have no complaints on the auto claims end. I know our agent personally and he's a great guy but he is completely detached from the claims end of the business. The agents sell insurance and farm you off to a 1-800 number when you have a claim. Anyone have USAA claims experience? Response time, communication, payment??

Steve

We have the property insurance and USAA was and is great on claims.
Tom McClain

Offline Carl Cisneros

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2023, 10:41:46 AM »
one of our neighbors on the old street we used to live on had a house fire. (left the overn on with food in it)

USAA was there the next day and clean up and reconstruction started about 2 days after that.
they did a great job on their house.

Carl
Carl R Cisneros, Dist IV
Control Line RB

Offline frank williams

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2023, 07:18:29 PM »
My wife's parttime job is to drive on the Houston freeways and seekout all the illegal uninsured drivers and get hit by them.  None of her numerous collisions were here fault. State Farm dropped her.  We switched to USAA.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here