News:

• June 09, 2024, 02:04:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: A special Caprice 50th anniversary offer from RVP  (Read 2572 times)

Online Bob Hunt

• 23 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
A special Caprice 50th anniversary offer from RVP
« on: March 28, 2017, 01:46:40 AM »
It seems my Classic Legal Caprice design turns 50 this year, and in celebration of that fact I am making a special offer on the wing and plans package for that design. Please check out the offer on the Robin's View Production site in Vendor's Corner on this forum.

This model won the Classic event at the Nats three years in a row and won the VSC Classic event five years in a row.

Thanks - Bob Hunt

Offline Skip Chernoff

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: A special Caprice 50th anniversary offer from RVP
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2017, 04:09:04 AM »
That is one sexy looking model. Talk about style....whoa.....PhillySkip

Offline Gordon Van Tighem

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2017, 09:21:24 AM »
Thank you for a very tempting offer and congratulations on 50 years of a great design. Be well!
Gord VT
MAAC 3738L, Life Member
AMA C3738L

Offline Tim Stagg

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2017, 09:31:12 AM »
Bob,

You must have been a control line prodigy designing that airplane at 3 years old  LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~
Tim Stagg

Online Bob Hunt

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2017, 05:41:57 AM »
Thanks to all who have contacted me about this offer and about the Caprice in general.

No, Tim, I did not design the Caprice when I was three... I was five! (Actually I was 18).

For those who have taken advantage of this offer already, I was blanking your wings last night.

Later - Bob Hunt
« Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 06:46:06 AM by Bob Hunt »

Online Bob Hunt

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2017, 06:53:48 AM »
A number of people have asked if there was ever an article published about the Caprice. Apparently they don't know about (or haven't visited) the Library section of Stunt Hangar. I posted there the text for a book I was working on about the Caprice. It is more than just a construction article; it is a complete saga of the things that lead up to the designing of the Caprice and it's construction and life in competition. It's long, and I really don't expect everyone to read it all, but it will answer a lot of questions about the design and its heritage.

Thanks to all who have contacted me about this special offer. Needless to say, I'm a very busy guy filling orders for Caprice wings these days!

Later - Bob Hunt   

Offline M. Scott

• Lieutenant
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2017, 06:25:15 PM »
I think I Judged  you and this model 5 or 6 times at NATS and VSC, What and outstanding model! Its accolades are well deserved.
Mike

Offline Lyle Spiegel

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2017, 07:01:59 AM »
I tried to pull up Bob's Caprice write up in "Model Library" , but it doesn't show up. Was it pulled down or moved?
Lyle Spiegel AMA 19775

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2017, 11:24:14 AM »
It's still there.  You're not holding your tongue right, as the old saying goes. VD~
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Online Bob Hunt

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2017, 05:08:21 AM »
I'm currently updating the Caprice "book" text to include information on how to build it using more modern techniques and still have it be Classic Legal. These techniques include molded fuselage shells in place of the hollowed blocks that the original - and my first replica - employed, and a built-up, fully-sheeted Lost-Foam wing. Since the original was a fully sheeted foam wing, the fully sheeted built-up wing would look the same outwardly, but it would save a bit of weight. I'm also going to go through some modern finishing techniques.

For anyone interested, I have a PDF manual on what my son, Robby and I call the Tru-Fit Fuselage Construction technique. It has approximately 270 photos and lots of supporting text. I'm offering that PDF manual free to anyone who emails me with a request for it. The PDF is a low-res file to enable me to send it via email. Should you want a better quality version sent to you on CD, there is a $10.00 charge, and that includes postage. Call me about this if you are interested. My number is 610-746-0106.

I have several other PDF manuals that I can send via email, and they are all free. Just send me a request at robinhunt@rcn.com

Bob Hunt

« Last Edit: April 09, 2017, 07:37:57 AM by Bob Hunt »

Online Bob Hunt

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2017, 08:30:33 AM »
Just bumping this up. I've had quite a response to this offer and want to insure that anyone new here had the opportunity to see it. Please go to my Robin's View Productions site in Vendor's Corner on this forum for details.

And, thanks to all those who've called with requests for more information and to all those who have taken advantage of the offer already.

Thanks - Bob Hunt

Offline Allan Perret

• Admiral
  • Proverbs
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2017, 09:06:12 AM »
I'm currently updating the Caprice "book" text to include information on how to build it using more modern techniques and still have it be Classic Legal. These techniques include molded fuselage shells in place of the hollowed blocks that the original - and my first replica - employed, and a built-up, fully-sheeted Lost-Foam wing. Since the original was a fully sheeted foam wing, the fully sheeted built-up wing would look the same outwardly, but it would save a bit of weight. I'm also going to go through some modern finishing techniques.

For anyone interested, I have a PDF manual on what my son, Robby and I call the Tru-Fit Fuselage Construction technique. It has approximately 270 photos and lots of supporting text. I'm offering that PDF manual free to anyone who emails me with a request for it. The PDF is a low-res file to enable me to send it via email. Should you want a better quality version sent to you on CD, there is a $10.00 charge, and that includes postage. Call me about this if you are interested. My number is 610-746-0106.

I have several other PDF manuals that I can send via email, and they are all free. Just send me a request at robinhunt@rcn.com

Bob Hunt

Hey Bob, you should put all of your .pdf manuals on a CD or thumb drive and offer for sale.  I will be first in line.
Allan Perret
AMA 302406
Slidell, Louisiana

Offline Dick Pacini

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2017, 02:20:58 PM »
Hi Bob!  Exciting offer!  Does it include the color codes for mixing the Hunt Signature Coppertone paint?   H^^
AMA 62221

Once, twice, three times a lady.  Four times and she does it for a living.  "You want me on that wall.  You need me on that wall."

Online Bob Hunt

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2017, 06:53:22 AM »
Hi Dick:

No, those color codes are being guarded in a bunker at Area 51. They are "alien" to anything that is available from a paint store, if you get my drift...

Actually you are one of the only people to have correctly identified the color as copper; most call it bronze. I memory serves, that was a Ford truck color from years ago. Being a Chevy fan I remember that it pained me to use it, but it was just the color I wanted.

Hi Allan:

My initial thought was to do  complete book on building and have those manuals as separate chapters. It seems time now will not allow that and I wanted to at least share what I had done. I look at it as "paying forward."

To all a Happy Easter! He is indeed Risen!

Bob Hunt 

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here