News:

• March 28, 2024, 12:22:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Thanks for the NATs Beginner Event, Personal Support, and Donations  (Read 427 times)

Offline Brendan Eberenz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lieutenant
Some of you may have already seen a similar post from me on facebook, but I know many on this forum are not on facebook. My family and I attended the Beginner NATs event a few weekends ago and had a blast. My 11 year old son has improved by leaps and bounds since his first Beginners NATs 2 years ago. My 8 year old daughter was motivated to do her first solo flights in advance of the NATs and kept her flights airborn despite the horrible NATs winds. Finally, after taking a back seat to my son's development as a stunter, I also competed in the event and was the only one of the three to put a plane in the ground :-) Regardless, the event was an amazing memory for me and my family and the perfect way to spend Father's Day.

The real point of my post is to thank Mike Stinson for directing the event (and donating) and all the others that were directly their judging, scoring, pull testing, offering crtique, etc. You all were kindhearted and your efforts were greatly appreciated. I also want to thank those that donated to the prize table. Specifically, George Waters, Alan Buck, Roland Trevino, Gary Shaffer, Dick Imhoff, and Dale Josephson. In the pictures below, you will find that your planes were selected by me and my children to amass a little fleet that we can crash... I mean train with. Another thanks is in order for fellow Beginner participant Keith McCreary. He gave up his first pick at the prizes to my daughter. We thanked you in the moment, but my daughter insisted we scour the parking lot after the event to see if we could find you and thank you again for your generosity. One final great big thank you to the Control Line flying family. Early on we found the CL family welcoming, encouraging, supportive, and fun to shoot and fly the breeze with. This year's NATs experience is full of some warm and fuzzy feelings. You all rock!    -Brendan

Offline Brendan Eberenz

• Lieutenant
Re: Thanks for the NATs Beginner Event, Personal Support, and Donations
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2021, 06:51:36 PM »
Some Other Pics

Offline Brendan Eberenz

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2021, 06:54:14 PM »
And a few more

Offline wwwarbird

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2021, 08:57:50 PM »

Very cool story and very nice to hear. A great example of what is sometimes forgotten about in this hobby, feeding the roots.
Narrowly averting disaster since 1964! 

Wayne Willey
Albert Lea, MN U.S.A. IC C/L Aircraft Modeler, Ex AMA member

Offline Will Hinton

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • www.authorwillhinton.com
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2021, 07:07:43 AM »
Thanks much for the posting AND even more, for the participation!!!  We need you and are delighted to have you be a part of c/l!!!!!!!!!! #^ #^ y1 y1 H^^
John 5:24   www.fcmodelers.com

Offline Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2021, 08:34:48 AM »
   I can't remember ever hearing of or seeing a brother/sister combo of kids flying stunt?? Now that I have said that I think of the Able family here in town through the years, and I have heard from Dan Abel in recent years but his sister Julie, who was on at least ne or maybe two US C'L Scale teams, hasn't been actove in quite a while. Keep it up guys!! The world is your oyster here and the fun and memories that await you are endless!
   Type at you later,
  Dan McEntee
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824
AMA 480405 (American Motorcyclist Association)

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here