News:

• April 16, 2024, 03:11:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Comment to the FAA regarding "Safe and Secure Operations of Small Unmanned AC"  (Read 1534 times)

mark romanowitz

• Trade Count: (0)
I'm done here.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2019, 12:44:43 PM by mark romanowitz »

Offline Fredvon4

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Central Texas
DOT FAA called for public comment....a law they must comply with

Total respondents was around 4500.....30% of them were lawyers representing companies that had a dog in the hunt

Many of us responding noted the congressional protection for HOBBY AEROMODELLING. The DOT/FAA went to great lengths to argue WHY they did NOT have to honor that exempt status

"A good scare teaches more than good advice"

Fred von Gortler IV

mark romanowitz

« Last Edit: April 11, 2019, 12:44:18 PM by mark romanowitz »

Offline Fredvon4

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Central Texas
Fully agree

Fred von Gortler IV

Tom Vieira

I commented....

I wonder how many others who have been complaining about the AMA and FAA are commenting?  or just sitting there waiting for the law to pass and them complain?

pretty simple, much like an election (your vote is your opinion).  don't comment on the FAA site (cast your vote), don't bitch when you don't like the result!

those that do comment (vote) are MORE than welcome to bitch!

Offline Fredvon4

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Central Texas
T.J.  EXACTLY!

Fred von Gortler IV

Offline Ken Culbertson

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Mark,did this go out via email, and if so what one did you use. I too want to send them basically what you said with;mods to fit my situation. Thanks,Ty M. AMA 3429 H^^
Ditto's

Ken
AMA 15382
If it is not broke you are not trying hard enough.
USAF 1968-1974 TAC

mark romanowitz

« Last Edit: April 11, 2019, 12:43:58 PM by mark romanowitz »

Rick_Huff

I submitted a comment to the FAA proposal.  I decided to check today and see if they posted it.  They did, but I noticed that there were very, very few comments from control line fliers.  In fact, I searched the responses and only 17 responses out of over 1100 even mentioned control line.  COME ON, WE'VE GOT TO DO BETTER THAN THAT!!!  It's really easy to submit a comment (see Marks initial post).  I tried to make mine short and to the point:

"I am writing to urge you to exempt control-line model airplanes from the new regulations. Control line model airplanes are not radio controlled. They are physically connected to the pilot, most typically with steel wires. Because they are physically connected to the pilot, they fly in a circle around the pilot. They can't do anything else, ever. Typical line lengths are 40 to 70 feet and that's as far from the pilot as they will ever get. Unlike "drones", they CAN'T be made into any kind of security threat. They can't fly more than 70 feet above the ground, they can't fly more that 70' from the pilot. Both the United Kingdom and Canada have exempted control-line model airplanes from new regulations on UAS vehicles. I hope we can do the same."

Please take the time and send them a comment,

Thanks,
Rick

Offline Ken Culbertson

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
I submitted a comment to the FAA proposal.  I decided to check today and see if they posted it.  They did, but I noticed that there were very, very few comments from control line fliers.  In fact, I searched the responses and only 17 responses out of over 1100 even mentioned control line.  COME ON, WE'VE GOT TO DO BETTER THAN THAT!!!  It's really easy to submit a comment (see Marks initial post).  I tried to make mine short and to the point:

"I am writing to urge you to exempt control-line model airplanes from the new regulations. Control line model airplanes are not radio controlled. They are physically connected to the pilot, most typically with steel wires. Because they are physically connected to the pilot, they fly in a circle around the pilot. They can't do anything else, ever. Typical line lengths are 40 to 70 feet and that's as far from the pilot as they will ever get. Unlike "drones", they CAN'T be made into any kind of security threat. They can't fly more than 70 feet above the ground, they can't fly more that 70' from the pilot. Both the United Kingdom and Canada have exempted control-line model airplanes from new regulations on UAS vehicles. I hope we can do the same."

Please take the time and send them a comment,

Thanks,
Rick
I borrowed part of yours.  You are right, it was easy.  Not only do I have an FAA number but I have the right to complain, rant, rave and protest!

Ken
AMA 15382
USAF 1968-1974 TAC

Tom Vieira

wow, so assuming all 17 are on here, we're the only 17 that have the right to bitch in the future?   S?P

mark romanowitz

« Last Edit: April 11, 2019, 12:43:15 PM by mark romanowitz »

Offline Fredvon4

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Central Texas
Just cut n paste any of the above notes and go the the FAA---site ---hit ---respond
HINT
It is NOT against the Law for YOU to post the response as YOU..Then as your wife, then as your son , then as your daughter, then as your grandson and then as your nephew--- and on and on as long as they are FAMILY......( trust me this is codified that a Patriarch may speak for all his FAMILY to the government and has been court tested) as a HAM I/we often respond to all sorts of FCC public opinion responses demands to new rules and regulations.... I always account for 18 responses....thunk on that

Above I noted in 2012 there were ONLY 4500 responses in a country of 350 Million...and HOW MANY AMA members....seems to me AMA claims 160,000 members...really? whole bunch of silent majority out there......

Non Elected entities like HUD, EPA, DOT, FAA, FCC etc must -by law- conduct PUBLIC survey BEFORE ruling on any NEW regulation or RULE.......
think you have no voice? you chose to be silent?  not get involved? then sit down and shut the F up cupcake.... You are a apathetic bigger probelm than the brain dead government we keep re-electing IMNSHO

Fred von Gortler IV

Offline Ken Culbertson

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
I'm done here.
All I can say is the way to keeping our hobby going and protecting it from "Big Brother" is NOT to drive off those who are trying just because we disagree with their approach.

Ken
AMA 15382
USAF 1968-1974 TAC

Offline BYU

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
This one from yesterdays news

"Model aircraft enthusiasts prove unlikely foe for Amazon"

https://www.ft.com/content/2574825c-6794-11e9-a79d-04f350474d62

“We are all waiting for the Federal Aviation Administration to come up with the rules which would allow commercial drones to fly,” said one lawyer working in the sector. “But every time the regulator proposes something that would also impinge on model aircraft hobbyists, the AMA bombards members of Congress with emails and phone calls.”

The AMA says it wants to be excluded from any rules the FAA proposes, arguing the regulator’s current proposals could cost its members a total of $2bn.

Offline JoeJust

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral

The AMA says it wants to be excluded from any rules the FAA proposes, arguing the regulator’s current proposals could cost its members a total of $2bn.

A mere pittance as compaired to how much commercial entities will make. Guess who will win!
Joe
I only enter contests so somebody else is not always in last place

Offline Ken Culbertson

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral

https://www.ft.com/content/2574825c-6794-11e9-a79d-04f350474d62

“We are all waiting for the Federal Aviation Administration to come up with the rules which would allow commercial drones to fly,” said one lawyer working in the sector. “But every time the regulator proposes something that would also impinge on model aircraft hobbyists, the AMA bombards members of Congress with emails and phone calls.”

So stop proposing things that impinge.  If you want solutions, stop asking lawyers.
Good to know we are having an impact.

Ken
AMA 15382
USAF 1968-1974 TAC

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here