News:

• April 19, 2024, 04:02:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Coming soon New Fox 35 75th edition  (Read 13455 times)

Offline Dennis Moritz

• 22 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Re: Coming soon New Fox 35 75th edition
« Reply #100 on: March 07, 2021, 11:35:17 PM »
Dan Banjock gets them to run. Often hand fits the piston. The crank bushing, also hand fit. Can he win with it flying in Old Time? Yes. He's also wins with it in Classic in local meets and comes close at the NATS. Why buy a Fox 35 new? They're all over the place at swaps. Or, ask your friends. I have ten, most given to me. Never use them. Never say never though. Looking at a plane beautifully built and light. Only engine that fits and is usable, considering tank size available, is the FOX. Well, there's FOX News, how can some of you resist the name? Fox 35s are a sub hobby of our hobby. Enthusiasts work on them and work on them until they function ok. It's fun for sport flying. Ringmaster time. Old time correct. A Brian Gardner top end plus conrod goes for a hundred, if he's making them or has a left over set or somehow there's one for sale by a private party. How much is a RoJett mit pipe, or a PA if one is around? Five or six hundred? Put that on a profile sportster? Don't think so. Fox 35 hand me downs are cheap, sometimes free. Sport plane sport plane. Are there engines that are a better even for a sport plane? Yeah. Any LA or FP 20 or 25. That's not the point.

Ken Cook has been infected by Fox for 30 years as a matter of fact. Why? They're fun and funny and frustrating. My wife's like that.

Offline Dennis Moritz

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #101 on: March 07, 2021, 11:42:47 PM »
If our propulsion systems were all about functionality why would any of us use glow? Throw the switch. Hear the repeatable and reliable hum.

Offline GERALD WIMMER

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
    • Auckland Free Flight Club
« Reply #102 on: March 08, 2021, 02:55:17 AM »
If our propulsion systems were all about functionality why would any of us use glow? Throw the switch. Hear the repeatable and reliable hum.
Hello

If that electric system had a nice "hum" then it would be easier to take but most brushless motors make a most disagreeable egg beater like whine. Both my sons say 'never' to electric as they prefer the real noise of a glow engine (well my youngest son Max actually prefers diesel engines) but I am happy to fly electric mainly because they don't get fuel sodden.
Currently have 4 Fox 35 stunts (and many more Fox 36's) on sports/vintage models (Ringmaster, Shoestring, Roskill Stunter and Spectre vintage combat wing) that are ready to go and must say each runs well.

Regards Gerald

Offline Dennis Moritz

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #103 on: March 08, 2021, 07:45:27 AM »
Yes. I tell Mike Palko the dental drill makes my teeth hurt. Called it a hum for literary effect.  You are absolutely right, Gerald. God awful sound. Electric powered control line should be banned. Electric power has no soul. It makes men weak. Dilutes male hormones. Never fly electric without a protective tinfoil hat. You have been warned.

Offline Scott Richlen

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #104 on: March 08, 2021, 11:12:47 AM »
and the cows go off their feed and the milk dries up.....

Offline GallopingGhostler

• 23 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #105 on: March 08, 2021, 01:46:17 PM »
and the cows go off their feed and the milk dries up.....

McCoy and Enya cows do fine on the feed I give them.

Offline BOB ALLAN

• Ensign
« Reply #106 on: April 17, 2021, 08:15:01 PM »
Just wondering - how many times did a FOX 35 powered model win the World F2B Championships ?  Duke printed on his boxes in the 50's - "Nationals and Internationals Winner - Four Straight Years" but no "World Champion". As a guy who never missed an opportunity to advertise his wares, I find this a bit strange. Witness too, the half dozen "Anniversary" models he released over the years.

Offline Joe Gilbert

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #107 on: April 17, 2021, 08:24:33 PM »
Bob Gieske won the worlds In 1974.
Joe Gilbert

Offline BOB ALLAN

• Ensign
« Reply #108 on: April 18, 2021, 12:02:03 AM »
Bob Gieske won the worlds In 1974.

Is he the only one ?

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #109 on: April 19, 2021, 12:18:26 PM »
The Bear also won the NATS that year. H^^

Now gentlemen, wait until you can't hear an open exhaust IC engine from the center of the circle. D>K
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Dennis Toth

• 2020 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #110 on: April 19, 2021, 02:19:19 PM »
John, so you are flying a Drone Diesel or OS FS20?  LL~

Best,   DennisT

Offline Jim Svitko

• Captain
« Reply #111 on: April 19, 2021, 03:44:41 PM »
So did anyone pre order their $185 Fox 35 yet?

Motorman 8)

By the time that engine shows up (if it ever does) there will be nobody left to buy it.   With battery power gaining popularity, electrons will most likely be the preferred power source before too long.

I should have plenty of engines to last me for quite some time so I will continue to plod along with them as long as I can get parts and the components to mix fuel.  And, if I can still get glow plugs.

• 23 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #112 on: April 19, 2021, 06:48:10 PM »
Now gentlemen, wait until you can't hear an open exhaust IC engine from the center of the circle. D>K

The wife is already telling me that I need a hearing aid.

Offline Chris Wilson

• Admiral
« Reply #113 on: April 20, 2021, 05:04:22 PM »
The siren call of  a Fox 35 is it's character.
Character equates to vibration, both audio and tactile - and for many that's enough.
I reckon that blindfolded I could pick out a 4/2 switching Fox 35 from any other motor on the planet and that's reason enough for me to open my eyes and want one.
Yes, I do own a 40th Anniversary Fox  35 and as an engineering solution it stinks but it makes a smile wrinkle my face.
Evolution has past it by and having and holding one is like viewing a fossil from ages gone by.
Would I sell it, heck no, would I use it, maybe but who would put a fossil to task.
Chris.
P.S. these days a Fox is a comparitor, it marks a point and standard in time that tells us how far we have come and which without we would not appreciate current machinery.
MAAA AUS 73427

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
 Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result.  It's not enough that we do our best; sometimes we have to do what's required

• 23 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #114 on: April 20, 2021, 08:57:52 PM »
P.S. these days a Fox is a comparitor, it marks a point and standard in time that tells us how far we have come and which without we would not appreciate current machinery.

In Spanish, "compartir" means "to share". I've watched those flying a Fox .35 Stunt have a total blast at it. A flip or two with glow battery connected, fires right up, in flight doing its 4-2-4 break in and out of stunts is a sight to behold, and something worth sharing.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here