General control line discussion > Open Forum

Col. Peck's Barracuda

(1/4) > >>

Dennis Saydak:
Here's a picture of my Barracuda model as far as I got with it. Unfortunately because of long term mobility problems I recently decided to hang up my C/L handle for good. I donated the Cuda to a good friend last week who is a master painter. He intends to paint it; and if all the stars align it may even be at the US Nationals this year. It's a very unusual design and as far as I know only a couple of Cudas were built.

Sina Goudarzi:
This might help.
sina

Dennis Saydak:
Yes, thanks for that Sina. I do have a color picture of the original Barracuda, which had an attractive paint scheme.

Ken Culbertson:

--- Quote from: Dennis Saydak on May 03, 2024, 02:55:44 PM ---Here's a picture of my Barracuda model as far as I got with it. Unfortunately because of long term mobility problems I recently decided to hang up my C/L handle for good. I donated the Cuda to a good friend last week who is a master painter. He intends to paint it; and if all the stars align it may even be at the US Nationals this year. It's a very unusual design and as far as I know only a couple of Cudas were built.

--- End quote ---
Thought that picture looked familiar. I built one in 1967.  Slightly larger stab mounted in line.  Johnson 35s (I was just a kid and didn't know I was supposed to be using a Fox 35). Flew extremely well but had a short life when a clevis broke on the elevator flap connection.  I-Beams realy *spalt* better than D-Tubes.  Nothing left to rebuild.

Ken

Les McDonald:
I remember seeing John Pecks original Barracuda at Wynn Pauls house around 1972. Pearly white with some bright orange trim if I recall correctly.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version