News:

• May 20, 2024, 05:01:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Ringmaster Jr. and a Gilbert  (Read 1488 times)

Offline JamieHolford

• 2016 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
Ringmaster Jr. and a Gilbert
« on: November 08, 2010, 06:28:47 PM »
Well I have a brand new Gilbert .11 with original prop ( thanks to Mr. Dalton Hammet ) and I wonder if it would be a good powerplant for a Ringmaster Jr. . Specifically Pat King's Ring Jr.   Im one thats kinda traditional and wanna keep the old school look and setup around. Im jsut curious if it would be a good combination. If not I have that OS 10 FP I could use but Im intersted in hearing htat Gilbert roar with the dual exhuast it has.

Offline Randy Ryan

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
Re: Ringmaster Jr. and a Gilbert
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2010, 06:43:30 PM »
Well I have a brand new Gilbert .11 with original prop ( thanks to Mr. Dalton Hammet ) and I wonder if it would be a good powerplant for a Ringmaster Jr. . Specifically Pat King's Ring Jr.   Im one thats kinda traditional and wanna keep the old school look and setup around. Im jsut curious if it would be a good combination. If not I have that OS 10 FP I could use but Im intersted in hearing htat Gilbert roar with the dual exhuast it has.

That Gilbert "ROAR" is pretty amenic, a good Cox reed valve .049 will put out as much power. The Gilbert is a sideport and will run either direction. Your .10FP is by far the better choice.
Randy Ryan <><
AMA 8500
SAM 36 BO all my own M's

Offline JamieHolford

• 2016 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2010, 02:11:30 PM »
Thanks for the reply.

The engine jsut looks so cool as I never seen one before until now. Reckon Ill go with the OS.

Offline Dalton Hammett

• 21 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2010, 08:30:02 AM »
Hi Jamie

The FP .10 would be a definate better choice, but we have used the Gilberts for trainers on the Sig Busters/Shoestrings with pretty good results - they are a bit more than a reed valve .049.  The prop and fuel make a big difference in how they run.   Did you get moved yet ??

Dalton H.

Dalton Hammett  
Albion, Pa.
Bean Hill Flyers
AMA  29918

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2010, 08:54:49 AM »
Jamie, if you are doing it for the fun of it,  go for it.   We sometimes forget there are people out there in this great country that fly just for the fun of it.  Had a neighbor, that him and his brother might get out once or twice a year and fly. H^^
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here