News:

• March 29, 2024, 08:15:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Clancy ArnoldWanted everyone to know we lost another long tme  (Read 1399 times)

Offline Gary Alspaugh

• Trade Count: (0)
  • New Pilot
Wanted all to know we lost another lifelong modeler, well known in the scale world. Clancy left this world on Monday. Rest in peace Clancy. You will be missed.

Offline Paul Taylor

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
  • If God is your Co-pilot - swap seats!
    • Our Local CL Web Page
Re: Clancy ArnoldWanted everyone to know we lost another long tme
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2023, 11:42:56 AM »
More sad news.
I first met Clancy at Brodaks I forget the year. But the following year through Stuka Stunt we decided to pair up for JYW’s. I brought along my friend Zuriel and Clancy brought his friend Jack. At the time I had no idea who Jack was. 🤣

We had a fun time building the plane and Clancy accidentally stuck Jack with an X-Acto knife. Jack said “ dammit Clancy you did it again”. Jokingly, of course, I ask when Clancy stuck him the first time. Jack said when they were kids Clancy, was playing with a pocket knife and accidentally poked him in the knee.

Clancy built and sold scale handles to the scale community. He was also a master builder. Just do a search here for some of his models.

RIP Clancy.
Paul
AMA 842917

Tight Lines = Fun Times

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2023, 12:47:25 PM »
Another one of my heroes gone on to a better place.  He was a true gentleman.  I stiill have one of his throttle control set ups I never got around to using.  May he rest in peace. D>K
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Online Will Hinton

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • www.authorwillhinton.com
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2023, 11:57:58 AM »
Clancy was such a delight to talk to, I didn't need for there to be any airplanes of any kind around to enjoy him!  I also have one of his first down the line controls buried somewhere in my shop.  Once I find it I will mount it and put it on my wall!
He was a true gentleman for sure.
John 5:24   www.fcmodelers.com

Offline Allen Goff

• Charter Member
  • Admiral
    • Fellowship of Christan modelers
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2023, 06:22:10 PM »
Clancy was a good friend of mine. He helped me with his ztronic system I used on my Waco Classic I took to the 2010 scale world championships in Poland. With his help the system work great. His “ z tropic “ system will be installed in the AMA’s national museum in the scale exhibit this year.
Blessings

Offline John Rist

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2023, 07:19:42 PM »
Clancy was one of the first to come up with a down the wire design. He his system worked and he sold many of them.  Clancy was a true pioneer in the scale world.  He will be missed.
John Rist
AMA 56277

Offline Dave Gardner

• 2018 Supporter
  • Ensign
  • AMA 717
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2024, 03:54:43 PM »
I flew with Clancy in Greenfield, Indiana, around 1951.  We re-connected in Muncie during the 2004 CLWC.  ....many memories re-hashed...!

Dave Gardner
Dave G.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here