News:

• March 28, 2024, 10:28:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: HOUSTON TX C/L Flying Partners, Field  (Read 1674 times)

Offline Steve Tomlinson

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Ensign
HOUSTON TX C/L Flying Partners, Field
« on: October 03, 2020, 12:45:09 PM »
Guys:  I posted some days ago that I am a member of an R/C club north of Houston Tx but really prefer C/L.
I have Flown at Bush Park (near Scobee field) in Houston, but always alone with a stooge. ( I have a old .25 skyray, .19 akromaster, building a .35 buster, and a .29 sporthawk presently and a Franken plane in the works (twister wing))
Not much fun by yourself, looking for C/L fliers in the NW Houston area, especially to team up with.
I know there are famous combat guys like Stubblefield out here (met him once at Bush years ago).
I am hoping to meet sport fliers that are into fun with profiles, etc.
ANYONE IN HOUSTON Texas OUT THERE??
« Last Edit: October 10, 2020, 11:28:31 AM by Steve Tomlinson »
STEVE Tomlinson

Offline Tom_Fluker

• Lieutenant
Re: HOUSTON TX C/L Flying Partners, Field
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2020, 01:01:46 PM »
If the weather is good, someone is at Scobee starting at sun up.  Several go on Sunday as well.  Just go early before it gets too hot.

Offline Steve Tomlinson

• Ensign
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2020, 01:24:59 PM »
Thanks
STEVE Tomlinson

Offline Tom_Fluker

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2020, 09:14:48 AM »
If the weather is good, someone is at Scobee starting at sun up.  Several go on Sunday as well.  Just go early before it gets too hot.

Missed the word Saturday.  Someone is at Scobee on Saturdays starting at sun up.  Typing too fast and can't proof read.

Offline frank williams

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2020, 09:30:30 AM »
Hi Steve
Scobee is one of the best CL sites in the US
Good activity at Scobee ..... but early ..... several fly almost everyday .... daylight till about 9am ... Last Sat and Sun we had about 10 flyers both days ... even had to use the second circle on Sat ... once again daylight till about 10am or till the wind comes up.  Lots of skill levels ... all welcome ... come on out
We come from all parts of town ... Pasadena, ClearLake, Kingwood, Katy, Belaire, Alvin, .... BYOLC (bring your own lawn chair) and insect repellent

Offline Stephen

• Stephen Hollier 217629
  • Ensign
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2020, 11:57:03 AM »
Hey Steve ! What RC club are you a memeber of? I'm curious as Frank mentioned we are from all over Houston. I live in Kingwood and fly both RC and CL. i've been out of pocket for a couple years but getting back to it. I plan on going to Scobee as much as possible. Preparing for 2021 :)

Offline Steve Tomlinson

• Ensign
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2020, 02:48:24 PM »
Hey Steve ! What RC club are you a memeber of? I'm curious as Frank mentioned we are from all over Houston. I live in Kingwood and fly both RC and CL. i've been out of pocket for a couple years but getting back to it. I plan on going to Scobee as much as possible. Preparing for 2021 :)

Hi Stephen   I am a member of Tri County Barnstormers up in  New Waverly. I live in Spring  near Hooks Airport
STEVE Tomlinson

Offline Stephen

• Stephen Hollier 217629
  • Ensign
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2020, 11:36:55 AM »
Steve I was a memeber at the same club. I've been out for a little over a year. I moved from Montgomery to Kingwood so the drive was a little long. Had to drop the membership. I've flew CL once off the runway for few RC guys. 

Offline Steve Tomlinson

• Ensign
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2020, 07:59:27 PM »
Stephen
Yeah thats wild! We are having noise issues with our neighbors and i dont use mufflers on my CL Planes.   The guys I fly with occasionally on Sundays fly everything including huge kites and want me to give it a CL go but I am hinky about getting the neighbors pissed off as I have only been RC flying and with the club a year.
STEVE Tomlinson

Advertise Here

Advertise Here