News:

• April 25, 2024, 10:35:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: CF pipe on weed wacker?  (Read 1250 times)

Online Paul Taylor

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • If God is your Co-pilot - swap seats!
    • Our Local CL Web Page
CF pipe on weed wacker?
« on: June 17, 2019, 03:32:27 PM »
Wonder if these pipes will make my weedwacker sound like a RoJett.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Paul
AMA 842917

Tight Lines = Fun Times

Offline Tim Wescott

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: CF pipe on weed wacker?
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2019, 04:01:39 PM »
A weed whacker pipe needs to be longer, and larger diameter.  Talk to this guy about your performance weed whacker needs.
AMA 64232

The problem with electric is that once you get the smoke generator and sound system installed, the plane is too heavy.

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2019, 10:37:10 PM »
Are there competitions for weed wackers in some States or other Countries?  Maybe leaf blowers too? VD~ Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline David Hoover

• Commander
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2019, 02:54:45 PM »
I've seen lumberjack competitions on TV where they were using modified chainsaws with impressive tuned pipes hanging off them.
Life is simple. Eat. Sleep. Fly!
Best, Hoovie

Offline Tim Wescott

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2019, 04:03:08 PM »
David, that's where the link I posted leads to -- it's some guy's chainsaw racing blog, including a picture of a saw with a honkin' big tuned pipe and a NOS bottle.  (And yes, I boggle a bit every time I write "chainsaw racing".  Lemme try again -- "chainsaw racing" -- yup, I haven't worn it flat yet).
AMA 64232

The problem with electric is that once you get the smoke generator and sound system installed, the plane is too heavy.

Online Paul Taylor

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
  • If God is your Co-pilot - swap seats!
    • Our Local CL Web Page
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2019, 05:34:50 PM »
Nothing else to do with these Windy pipes might as well bolt them up to a weed eater or blower and see how they sound. LOL
Paul
AMA 842917

Tight Lines = Fun Times

Offline Tim Wescott

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2019, 06:17:45 PM »
Paul, you can, but it'll be a waste of time.  Weedeaters tend to have 20-30cc engines, and at a guess run at 5000 RPM.  So those pipes will be too restrictive, and will be tuned for too high an RPM, to make much difference.
AMA 64232

Offline Dan Berry

• Admiral
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2019, 11:14:27 PM »
I've seen lumberjack competitions on TV where they were using modified chainsaws with impressive tuned pipes hanging off them.

They run glow fuel in those saws.
For sheer entertainment.....

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2019, 12:25:25 AM »
I read about a "2 man Hot Saw" (jacked up chainsaw) competition that was held in Tacoma (Tacoma Dome?). As I recall, Third place was a nitrous injected tuned pipe chain saw. Second was  an innovative double ended chain bar with a big snowmobile engine at each end. First place was powered by a Chevy V-8. The rules were that two guys had to carry it onto the stage and start it. I'm not sure how that worked, but I'd bet that those guys with the Chevy were pretty burly dudes and definitely not Millennials.  LL~ Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here