News:

• April 19, 2024, 12:23:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: quick CG question pics added  (Read 1645 times)

Offline Ironbomb

• AMA Member
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
quick CG question pics added
« on: September 23, 2009, 07:31:28 AM »
What was the starting CG for the ARF Cardinal? I am done repairing mine, and I cant locate my instructions or plans.

Thanks gang

Greg
« Last Edit: September 29, 2009, 09:56:49 AM by Ironbomb »
Beating the crap out of the ground, one airplane at a time

Greg Bossio
AMA 834382

Offline Bootlegger

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: quick CG question
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2009, 07:39:16 AM »
I usually start at the high point of the wing. See how it balances there, holding it between thumb and forefinger, if slightly nose heavy then fly and adjust accordingly...I wouldn't fly unless it is slightly nose heavy...
 Hope that this helps...
8th Air Force Veteran
Gil Causey
AMA# 6964

Offline Pete Schlesser

• New Pilot
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2009, 09:22:25 AM »
Instruction book calls for a point 3 inches aft of the leading edge, at the root.

Offline Ironbomb

• AMA Member
  • Commander
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2009, 09:45:19 AM »
Thanks you guys, it does help. I am at 3" now, a lucky hit I guess. I couldn't remember where it was before the repairs. I went from the 40LA to the 46LA and took the fues gear off, went to wing mounted gear. Some other stuff too. I finally have my favorite airplane back. Maybe I will have time for a few flights this weekend.  ~> 

happy flying everybody

Greg

Greg Bossio
AMA 834382

Offline Paul Taylor

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
  • If God is your Co-pilot - swap seats!
    • Our Local CL Web Page
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2009, 07:44:38 PM »
Hey Greg,
A picture of the plane?

And are you still flying with Frank oh what's his name?
Paul
AMA 842917

Tight Lines = Fun Times

Offline Ironbomb

• AMA Member
  • Commander
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2009, 04:10:55 PM »
howdy Paul, I'll try to get a few pics up tomorrow.

I want to say "yea, I am still flying with Frank and John" but I have only flown with John once this year, and have not seen Frank since about two years ago. They said my new woman was gonna make me stop flying, and I said "no way thats gonna happen". But, so far they have been sorta right. This year has been a bust for fun on account of having a ton of work still to do getting ready for the winter. Maybe if I used castor oil in my chainsaw, it make think i am flying...??? :!

but a few pics of the plane tomorrow for sure y1

Greg

Greg Bossio
AMA 834382

Offline Ironbomb

• AMA Member
  • Commander
Re: quick CG question, pics added
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2009, 09:54:28 AM »
here are a couple pics of my good ol Cardinal refixed... it took a good while, but its done now. this was the red and black arf. I am happy with my decision to make the flight controls removable, it made the refinish alot easier. Fues is Brodak Grumman blue and Aero Gloss black. The wing is Ultracote. I hope to fly it this weekend

Greg

Greg Bossio
AMA 834382

Offline John Paris

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
Re: quick CG question pics added
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2009, 02:21:46 PM »
Greg,
You are so full of excuses.....  I am down in Brazil right now on business and I even found time to make it to a stunt contest and even got in a flight.  Better button some stuff up and get some flights in soon.
John
John Paris

Offline Ironbomb

• AMA Member
  • Commander
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2009, 02:31:49 PM »
Greg,
You are so full of excuses.....  I am down in Brazil right now on business and I even found time to make it to a stunt contest and even got in a flight.  Better button some stuff up and get some flights in soon.
John

hahaha, you aint kidding I got a ton of excuses. Just wait till you see my next post, you'll know why I missed every contest this summer. And now hunting season is approaching. ouch!!

So you made it to a contest in Brazil? COOL, how was that? a blast I bet. When you getting back? I might have to crap out another trip to Broome

Greg

Greg Bossio
AMA 834382

Offline John Paris

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2009, 02:43:39 PM »
Greg,
I am supposed fo fly back Thursday night.  The Brazilian contest was great.  Very very similar to what we would see back home.  They have a nice field in Sao Paulo with two paved circles.  There were 16 pilots in F2B and 2 pilots flying a modified pattern.  Dr. Case let me fly his Extra which I kept extra high.  It is a nice airplane with a Stalker 76 for power.  His handle is pretty unique with a thumb rest on the side.  I noticed that it gave the feeling of a little more power for the push when you give it down.  A little after lunch guys started showing up with some bags.  In these bags were some F2C racers.  I got to watch them put around for a while as well.  There were even some F2A (I think I am getting the classes right) speed planes, but they must have flown after I left.  Quite a good amount of activity for a Saturday afternoon.  It was nice to meet some of the guys that post here and over at SSW.  They really helped to make me feel welcome.
John
John Paris

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here