News:

• May 02, 2024, 05:22:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Back (sort of)  (Read 898 times)

Offline Phil Coopy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
  • SHADE TREE MECHANIC, NO ENGINEER
Back (sort of)
« on: October 23, 2018, 03:41:52 PM »
In case some of you who I knew from a few years back have noticed my recent participation here again, I have been fooling around C/L again. As you may recall I had a couple of strokes which destroyed my ability to compete at the time. I thought that was the end of aerobatics for me.  About a year ago I noticed a Banshee kit in my shop and decided to build it for kicks. Got some C/L gear together and gave it a shot again.  After a bit I was able to do the overhead maneuvers again....encouraging.  So far I don't have any really nice planes yet but if I keep practicing the sequence so I may show up at one of the contests again, if things keep improving.  Same as before, I'm the only C/L flyer here in Lake Wales.  The club has been very accommodating launching for me.

Phil

Offline Roger Vizioli

• CLiner
  • 21 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Back (sort of)
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2018, 07:03:28 PM »
Hi Phil.
Great to see you posting and active again.
We lost a few CLiners since you were here last, flying cut back quite a bit but we hope to gear up again this fall/winter.
Take care,
Roger Vizioli
IRKS CL, Cocoa,FL
Roger Vizioli
AMA L-2408
Florida/Space Coast

Offline Jim Mynes

• Commander
  • Chelsea, ME
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2018, 05:08:27 AM »
Phil, there’s a contest coming up weekend after next in Ellenton. I’m sure everyone would like to see you.
I have seen the light, and it’s powered by a lipo.

Offline Bootlegger

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2018, 12:27:24 PM »

The news about recovering from the stroke is really encouraging, and by the grace of God I hope that you get even better..   God Bless you...
8th Air Force Veteran
Gil Causey
AMA# 6964

Offline phil c

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2018, 02:40:53 PM »
Great to hear you are doing better.  Welcome back.  From what I've heard and seen the brain recovers faster from a stroke when you push it.  Kinda like a dog, it doesn't do any more than it has to.

Phil C
phil Cartier

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here