News:

• June 26, 2024, 05:34:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Building Season?  (Read 964 times)

Offline Elwyn Aud

• 2019 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
    • Inferalandings Photo Page
Building Season?
« on: June 22, 2008, 10:49:26 PM »
Today was "building" day at Reeves Field. We acquired an old metal frame from a crate that a truck cab was shipped in and we are converting it into a storage shed for field equipment.

Offline Just One-eye

• Another Old Fart
  • Commander
Re: Building Season?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2008, 11:44:42 PM »
Only one member of the Dobbers remembered to bring his electric drill with him today?

::)

Offline Bob Reeves

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
    • Somethin'Xtra Inc.
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2008, 07:17:15 AM »
Only one member of the Dobbers remembered to bring his electric drill with him today?

::)

:)  :) Actually we had 4 power drills and two battery drills.. It was just that Lee is the strongest one of our group and putting self drilling screws through steel channel takes a He-Man. One thing for sure, we won't have to worry about Oklahoma winds blowing it over.. Nothing short of a full blown tornado could possibly move it.

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2008, 07:49:04 AM »
Looks great,  who was the supervisor?  DOC Holliday
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Bob Reeves

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
    • Somethin'Xtra Inc.
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2008, 08:37:50 AM »
Hi Doc..

Well many were involved, I more or less built the frame by welding pieces in here and there to finish making a box and adding roof pitch. The gentleman to the far right in the second photo is the son of one of our members who is visiting from Ohio.. I'm the skinny guy next to him and Joe Gilbert is the guy holding the tin for Lee.

The whole club is working hard to get the new field ready for our Triathlon/Mirror Meet contest weekend after next.

Offline De Hill

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2008, 11:40:49 AM »
Elwyn Aud comes out to the field every weekend, flies, takes pictures, and emails them to the Gluedobbers on saturday and sunday night.

I'ts great to see him posting pictures on Stunt Hangar. I'm glad that we have Elwyn in the Club.

He makes us look good! (quote from Joe Gilbert)

De Hill
De Hill

Offline Randy Cuberly

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2008, 11:59:46 AM »
De,
Elwynn comes to VSC and makes everyone look good.  He even managed to make this old cowboy look presentable flying a couple of times.
His photos are some of the best memories of past events.
You guys are very lucky to have him and if you get tired of him just export him to Tucson and we'll take good care of him.

Randy C   #^ y1 H^^
Randy Cuberly
Tucson, AZ

Offline Just One-eye

• Another Old Fart
  • Commander
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2008, 01:41:18 PM »
:)  :) Actually we had 4 power drills and two battery drills.. It was just that Lee is the strongest one of our group and putting self drilling screws through steel channel takes a He-Man. One thing for sure, we won't have to worry about Oklahoma winds blowing it over.. Nothing short of a full blown tornado could possibly move it.

I thought it might be something like that, or else his drill was a half-inch, not a 3/8", and *it* was the one with the heaviest torque. 

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here