News:

• April 19, 2024, 02:48:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Brodak "Rib Kit" for the Smoothie?  (Read 818 times)

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • Just here for the fun of it also.
Brodak "Rib Kit" for the Smoothie?
« on: December 11, 2018, 06:48:28 AM »
Brodak offers a "rib kit" for the Smoothie.

Does anyone know if the airfoil shape of the rib kit is the same airfoil shape as their ARF Smoothie?

C
Trump Derangement Syndrome. TDS. 
Avaiojet Derangement Syndrome. ADS.
Amazing how ignorance can get in the way of the learning process.
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Offline Robert Zambelli

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Brodak "Rib Kit" for the Smoothie?
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2018, 07:48:26 AM »
Suggestion: call Brodak's and ask them.
John Parker should be able to help.

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2018, 08:48:20 AM »
Suggestion: call Brodak's and ask them.
John Parker should be able to help.

I did have a conversation with John. John cuts my laser files and he makes great custom tanks. He made the tank for the Mig-3 from my balsa tank mock-up. Perfect! Not a 1/32 off! I mentioned his work in the Mig-3 build over at CFC Graphics vendor's corner.

He said the Smoothie ARF was produced in China and he would have no way of knowing if the ribs are identical.

Checking an ARF is pointless because they are covered with some iron on material?

John did say he would try to find and look for a Smoothie wing that wasn't covered and get back to me.

John is a great guy, be interesting to know the scoop on the rib kit and the ARF rib.

I believe there was some conversation about the Smoothie airfoil being improved and it not being that of the original Smoothie? Not sure though.

If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Offline peabody

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2018, 10:42:03 AM »
Charles
They are pretty close....probably just different because metric and English measurements don't compare directly

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2018, 02:50:37 PM »
Charles
They are pretty close....probably just different because metric and English measurements don't compare directly

Rich,

John got back to me. He said they are different.

So, instead of buying a rib kit for 24.00 and change plus shipping, I'll rough cut ribs, put them in place and do a sanding.

I'd have to sand the kit ribs anyway so why spend the money.

I want to add ribs to this Smoothie ARF wing. A few mods to the tips so it can be used as the TEXACO 13 wing.

Don't tell anyone it's a Smoothie ARF wing, I'm going to say I built it.  LL~ LL~

Charles

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here