News:

• April 17, 2024, 09:25:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Brodaks fun fly/contest  (Read 1202 times)

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Brodaks fun fly/contest
« on: June 13, 2022, 04:59:47 PM »
I am here after a ride with Daughter (jolene)  son-in-law (Kyle) sharing driving chores.  Wife (Janis) was back seat keeping us from getting out of control, also Grand daughter Kimberlyn in very back  seat of the van.   No room for planes and I still do not have my balance so I am a spectator of the show.   Staying in Uniontown at the Holiday Express room 316.  I will be out again tomorrow late unless I can find a ride.  Anybody up for giving a grouchy old man a lift?

Did get to say hi to a few people.   Had few come say hi to me from seeing my posts and pic on the forums.  A few people I had to ask names as the old brain is turning to toast.   Seen a lot of faces that look familiar but like I said the old brain is toast at times. Now for the shower. D>K H^^
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Brodaks fun fly/contest
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2022, 06:08:31 PM »
Day 2 family dropped me off early this morning and got back about 56PM.  We went to Chinese Buffet.  Didn't have my bill fold as it was laying on stand at the motel.  Seen a lot of good flights and even more people. D>K 
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203

Offline Bill Schwagerman

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2022, 09:59:05 PM »
Hi Doc,

Glad to hear you are able to attend Brodak's. We had a nice fun fly at Topeka last weekend. Very enjoyable. It's very hot here all week so you left home at a good time. It's nice to hear from you.

Bill

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2022, 02:20:43 PM »
Day 3 for me at Brodaks watching the scale competition.   Looks like electric is the way to go.  Not too many entries.  Guess gas prices are the concern.  Most I seen was $5.22 a gallon for no lead.  Diesel was even higher.  I do want to thank those that voted for the present administration.  I got to see a few people I hadn't seen for a while plus some new faces.  This was planned early this year and they did all the driving.   Again may not have been to the Topeka fun fly unless some one drove me.   They won't let me have car keys. D>K

Heading home Saturday AM. H^^
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203

Offline Tom Luciano

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2022, 01:31:34 PM »
Doc,
  How in the world did I miss you. I was there Wednesday to Saturday. We even flew some combat stuff  Friday on the Advanced circle. Myself, Al Ferraro, and Tom Schaefer. Al said Doc was here but i thought he was pulling our chain.

Sorry I missed you
Tom
« Last Edit: June 21, 2022, 08:59:08 AM by Tom Luciano »
AMA 13001

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2022, 06:54:55 AM »
Tommy and guys let me sit in/under their shade Monday and Tuesday.  Was over at scale site on Friday until scale was done.  I think I missed a lot of people my self not walking too good even with a cane. D>K
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here