News:

• April 27, 2024, 01:20:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Another Great Day  (Read 556 times)

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Another Great Day
« on: February 28, 2017, 05:03:58 PM »
Got home Sunday evening after several stops to get alert again and then Monday most the day recovering from the trip.  Guess I'm not a spring chicken anymore.   Well finally got out to the shop and started again on the engines for the B-25.   Out of all the Fox .25's I have only two with muffler ears and then I only found two mufflers.  Today I got out and fired them up, or tried to.  The one I had already J-B weld the brass tubes in place to help support the muffler ears didn't give me too much trouble.  It has a Super Tigre needle valve assembly.   Once I got the needle set close to 9800 rpm it was starting real easy and holding steady until last drops of fuel.   The other one gave me fits.   Would run out the prime and quit.  It was a Fox assembly I pulled out of the scrap box.  I even tried muffler pressure and it didn't work either.  Finally after deciding not to trash it I looked through my stashes and behold I found a couple of Super Tigre assemblies.  So one went on the engine and what a difference.   Once I got the needle close on it  was easy starting and setting.   I even got a one flip start.  Now the third engine I played with today was the Medallion .15 that was on my daughter's plane and hadn't been flown for many years.  She was still single and living at home back then.   I replaced the Cox head with one from MECOA with a long reach plug that was laying on the bench.   After getting several burps out of it I finally loaded it with fuel in the intake.   Oh, it spit fuel every where when I flipped it and about the fourth flip it was running.   Was way to lean and after opening up the needle after several start and stop sessions it ran.   At least it ran long enough to get the needle opened up a little more.  So, the Ringmaster Flash is ready for flights.  Well any way when the wind dies down and I can have my car I will be out flying if the temps are up in the 60's.
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Motorman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Re: Another Great Day
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2017, 04:45:58 PM »
blank
« Last Edit: March 06, 2022, 09:17:55 AM by Motorman »

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here