News:

• April 25, 2024, 09:13:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Brodak Hawker Hurricane & B-40  (Read 1671 times)

Offline Leester

• 2014 Supporters
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Brodak Hawker Hurricane & B-40
« on: September 03, 2006, 11:55:00 AM »
My original post got zapped by the glitch not to long ago so here's an updated version. This is my Brodak Hawker Sea Hurricane powered by a Brodak 40. I started this kit about 10 yrs ago and lost interest in models for a while. I came back almost 2 years ago and since this was barely started I got building it. I'm not all that experienced compared to others but 2 years ago I was really green. Well it turned out just great mainly do to the fool proof dirrections and discovering the internet and forums like SH.
This has to be the best flying plane I have, and the B-40 is perfect for it. I broke in the engine per instructions and it preforms flawlessly. I fly on 60' eye to eye .015 lines use RSM 10/11/11 fuel. I switched to an APC 10-5 prop and it's very happy. I am loosing the fear of trying new stunts since I know this set up will do it, If I do.
Leester
ama 830538

Offline Leester

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
Re: Brodak Hawker Hurricane & B-40
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2006, 11:56:36 AM »
A couple more
Leester
ama 830538

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2006, 12:05:31 PM »
Hi Leester,

Looks real nice, and I'm sure it's a great flyer!

Ol' Mike Garmon hit on a good flying combo when he designed those planes, and the Brodak 40 is a perfect match IMHO.

I am rebuilding (new wing) my Zero Prototype.  I built the first one for John from the original pencil drawings Mike did, and powered it with an old OS 35S..  Also building a razorback P-47 on the same planform that John *might* kit.  I like them!  y1

Bill <><
Keep practicing!
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

James Hylton Motorsports/NASCAR/ARCA

AMA 95351 (got one of my old numbers back! ;D )

Trying to get by

Offline Ironbomb

• AMA Member
  • Commander
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2006, 12:54:35 PM »
Leester, that is damn good looking Hurricane. Nice job. I'm glad it flys good for you too. how about a few inflight pics? But have some else outside the circle take them, dont try to photo the plane and fly all at once!  **)

Greg  :)

Beating the crap out of the ground, one airplane at a time

Greg Bossio
AMA 834382

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here