News:

• April 23, 2024, 04:38:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Brodak Fly-In Dates Set  (Read 1509 times)

Offline Steve Dwyer

• 2020 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Brodak Fly-In Dates Set
« on: September 15, 2021, 04:38:52 AM »
Brodak 2022 Fly-In

Offline Fred Cronenwett

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
    • Lafayette Esquadrille
Re: Brodak Fly-In Dates Set
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2021, 07:56:58 AM »
Has anyone seen a calendar of events to be held and what day they are being held?

It's awesome we the know the overall dates but people will need to know what events are planned and what day to show up for those events

Fred
Fred Cronenwett
AMA CLSCALE7 - CL Scale
Model Aviation CL Scale columnist

Offline Robert Zambelli

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2021, 12:56:38 PM »
Just spoke with Sandy.
Invitations will be sent out with all pertinent information.

Bob Z,

Offline Fred Cronenwett

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
    • Lafayette Esquadrille
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2021, 01:26:59 PM »
So only the people on Sandy's list will get the information and be invited? What if someone who has never been to a Brodak fly-in wants to attend and needs the information?

Just asking
Fred Cronenwett
AMA CLSCALE7 - CL Scale
Model Aviation CL Scale columnist

Offline John Paris

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2021, 04:31:54 PM »
Fred,
Outside of the mailings, the information is generally available on the website well in advance of the event.
John
John Paris

Offline Tom Luciano

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2021, 03:47:12 AM »
If memory serves me correctly. They normally don't have the schedule nailed down until January or February. Usually only minor tweaks from years past. I'm sure Mark or Will will give us some info here as it comes available. The invite goes out to previous contestants. I wouldn't be concerned about that. I've gone up on a Thursday and competed in Pampa as a last minute entry on Friday. They are very welcoming and it is about the best time you can have in control line. There will be plenty of chatter on this site in the near future I'm sure.

mileage may vary
Tom
AMA 13001

Offline Robert Zambelli

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2021, 06:16:32 AM »
Tom is 100% correct.
Fred - Per your request, I forwarded the information to Sandy.

To anyone needing information, you can call, write or e-mail.

It's been all too long since we had a Fly-In. Hopefully this will be a great success.

Bob Z.     

Offline Peter in Fairfax, VA

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2021, 09:00:35 AM »
Much enjoyed the 2019 Brodak Fly-In.  Got plenty of opportunity to fly, both coached practice and competition.  The event is large enough, like the Nats, that some events such as Scale and Racing, happen without all participants seeing the whole show.  This is a good thing; plenty to see and do.

As others mention, the precise schedule will be interesting to see.  Folks will arrange their travel depending on what they want to see and/or do.  I my own case, I was interested in entering Profile Stunt and regular PA Stunt.  These were effectively at the opposite ends of the week, so I travelled the four hours to the first event early in the week, returned home, then returned to the contest late in the week.  Because I am about four hours away, this worked.  An idea for 2022 is to have profile and regular Stunt closer together in the schedule.

With six circles, so many events, so many skilled folks, the Brodak experience was a good developmental experience.  When I go to the field, I like to make the best of the opportunity and fly all day long.  Seemed to pay off at my Intermediate level, as my 7th out of 14 result in profile improved to 4th out of 15 by the time PA rolled around.

looking forward to the event,

Peter

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2021, 10:34:15 AM »
Really is this going to be a fly in or contest.?  The year I made it there I entered one event as the wife said we could make a kind of vacation out of it.  Can't convince her the ladies are just like her in ways with activities similar to hers.  They did put her to work.  Would love to attend again just to see all the people I don't get to here in this part of the USA.  Peter a 4 hour drive is a trip around the block.  Coming home we had good traffic and I felt good,  we made the trip home in 19 hours with the usual breaks and construction areas.   They tell me I can't do it now with the affliction I now have.  She won't even let me drive to Church,  20 minute drive.  But I'm still breaking my record. H^^
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Robert Zambelli

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2021, 01:14:15 PM »
Doc - the Fly-In is indeed a contest.
That's what John named it originally.

Bob Z.

Offline Allen Goff

• Charter Member
  • Admiral
    • Fellowship of Christan modelers
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2021, 07:37:37 PM »
   D>K Scale; profile, fun, sport and 1/2A. As for what days we don’t know yet .
Blessings

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here