News:

• April 17, 2024, 09:42:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Trimming session anyone?  (Read 787 times)

Offline Sean McEntee

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
Trimming session anyone?
« on: March 21, 2017, 07:55:45 PM »
Cut lose on block leave, and looking to get my T-6 squared away. Anyone up in Dallas with nothing else going on?  I'll be available 7 days a week, save for a FF contest on the 31st/1st and a trip to the STL on the following weekend. Hit me up!

Offline Jim Svitko

• Captain
Re: Trimming session anyone?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2017, 04:36:34 AM »
The Dallas site is about 60 miles from me but if good weather I can be there.  There is a grass circle at the Greater Southwest Aero Modelers RC site, on the east side of Fort Worth.  The Greater Southwest site is about a half hour from me.  Turbulence can be a problem due to surrounding terrain.

This is the windy season for DFW.  Very common to have winds of 15-20, sometimes more, nearly every day.  If we get lucky it calms down a bit.

Offline bill bischoff

• Admiral
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2017, 02:19:16 PM »
The racing guys are usually out on Sunday in Dallas. We often run into Steve and Doug Moon and Mike Scott. Strange, They always seem to leave shortly after we show up.  :)

Bill Bischoff

Offline Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2017, 06:00:54 PM »
  Just make sure you got that wing straight, and have another set of eyes check it out. That was your major problem, not vertical CG issue. Trim tabs might confirm it, but trying to get it straight will be best solution.
  Good luck with it and keep me posted,
    Dad
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824
AMA 480405 (American Motorcyclist Association)

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here