News:

• March 28, 2024, 04:05:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Blue Notes  (Read 1543 times)

Offline Ty Marcucci

• 23 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
Blue Notes
« on: June 12, 2019, 08:52:01 PM »
ST LOUIS BLUE NOTES WIN THE STANLEY CUP!
« Last Edit: May 19, 2020, 12:57:41 PM by Ty Marcucci »
Ty Marcucci

Offline Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Blue Notes
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2019, 09:24:21 PM »
YEAH BABY!!!  i BEEN WAITING FOR THIS SINCE NOEL PICARD TRIPPED BOBBY ORR IN 1969!!! LONGER THAN THAT ACTUALLY. i GOT TO GO TO A GAME THE FIRST YEAR AND BEEN A FAN EVER SINCE. BOBBY PLAGER FINALLY GETS HIS PARADE. BARCLEY PLAGER IS SMILING DOWN, DAN KELLY IS SMILING DOWN! ALL THEGUYS WHO PUT UP WITH HARRY ORNEST ARE VINDICATED!!! i FEEL LIKE REBUILDING THE OLD ARENA AGAIN. i ALREADY GOT SOME OF THE ORIGINAL BRICKS!!!!!
   TYPE AT YOU LATER,
  DAN "HAPPY FAN" MCENTEE

[/size]
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824
AMA 480405 (American Motorcyclist Association)

Offline Bill Schwagerman

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2019, 09:39:40 PM »
 ;D H^^

Online Ken Culbertson

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2019, 09:40:59 PM »
ST LOUIS BLUE NOTES WIN THE STANLEY CUP, FIRST TIME IN FRANCHISE HISTORY. GO CRAZY ST. LOUIS. y1 y1 y1 y1 #^ #^ #^ #^ #^ #^ ;D ;D ;D ;D H^^ H^^ H^^ H^^
You can thank our "Unlucky Stars" for blowing it.

Ken
AMA 15382
If it is not broke you are not trying hard enough.
USAF 1968-1974 TAC

Offline Larry Fernandez

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2019, 09:42:40 PM »
Sharks fan here. So happy for the Blues and their fans. I hate the punk ass Bruins, especially that goon  Brad Marchand.
Congrats to the Blues!!!!!
Ha, they’re singing the Blues in Boston!!!!!!

Larry, Buttafucco Stunt Team

Offline 944_Jim

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2019, 10:23:16 PM »
I'm a hard-line Bruins fan,  a Ray Bourque fan, Cam Neely fan, and even saw Mike Milbury play for the Bruins.

Boooo Blues!

And I own a brick from the original Boston Garden, torn down to make way for the "New" Garden.

And still wear a knit black and gold cold-weather cap from my childhood....although that cap is so old I saw Bobby Orr flying back in the early 70's while wearing it.

I know St Louis will enjoy hanging their one Stanley Cup banner in their arena. It would only be another one at Boston (Grrrrr!).

Oh well. Congrats to St. Louis.

Dwayne

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2019, 05:59:19 AM »
I'm a hard-line Bruins fan,  a Ray Bourque fan, Cam Neely fan, and even saw Mike Milbury play for the Bruins.

Boooo Blues!

And I own a brick from the original Boston Garden, torn down to make way for the "New" Garden.

And still wear a knit black and gold cold-weather cap from my childhood....although that cap is so old I saw Bobby Orr flying back in the early 70's while wearing it.

I know St Louis will enjoy hanging their one Stanley Cup banner in their arena. It would only be another one at Boston (Grrrrr!).

Oh well. Congrats to St. Louis.

Sorry can't stand Marchand. But speaking of the old Gardens, that building had some of the worst ice in the league so it was a bit dejavu last night when they said they were having ice problems...lol Binnington played steller and deserved the Con Smyth, with out him St. Louis doesn't win.

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2019, 10:20:18 AM »
I thought I'd listen to the "Blue Notes" on YouTube and found this wonderful song. It starts out very nice and degenerates from there, IMO.  y1 Steve

"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline Sean McEntee

• Captain
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2019, 12:38:43 AM »
I watched game 6 and 7 streams on my iPad.  Had to wake up at 0330 local time.  Great games, and had to really restrain myself, since people in the surrounding rooms were sleeping.  So very exciting.  Go Blues!!!

Offline James Holford

• 2020 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2019, 10:07:06 AM »
They should have never gotten by Dallas but Dallas shot themselves in the foot by not showing up til 3rd period of Game 7..... im still pissed

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Jamie Holford
Baton Rouge Bi-Liners
Lafayette, La
AMA #1126767

Offline Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2019, 09:02:22 PM »
I watched game 6 and 7 streams on my iPad.  Had to wake up at 0330 local time.  Great games, and had to really restrain myself, since people in the surrounding rooms were sleeping.  So very exciting.  Go Blues!!!

DUDE! 
     Glad you got to see some of the action. I asked your Mom about half way through the 1st period if she had talked to you to see if you had gotten to see any of the games. Must have been some mental telepathy!????
    Type at you later,
     Dad
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824

Offline Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2019, 09:20:16 PM »
They should have never gotten by Dallas but Dallas shot themselves in the foot by not showing up til 3rd period of Game 7..... im still pissed

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

When it gets to a game 7, it's just a one game play off at that point. Everything before that is meaningless when the puck drops. The Blues didn't really play their best hockey either. If you had seen the games they played during the last 4 weeks of the season, you might agree. I didn't think they would steam roll through each series and I was predicting 6 and 7 games for each. It's a damn long season and the way the playoffs are structured, with the extra day for travel and such, I think it can really wear on some guys. But each team has to put forth their best in that seventh game. I read somewhere in a report from a Boston reporter that they were again "the victim of bad officiating." Sour grapes gets you no where. In game 7 of the finals, I think there were only two penalties called, both against the Blues for delay of game. There was a marked lack of heavy hitting by both sides, so both looked to be playing things straight. It the long run, one thing was proven out and that the Blues were the best team 5 on 5 during the playoff, I do believe. It drove me crazy the way they were giving up the puck in their own zone, but Binnington covered their butts for them. In the 2nd and third periods, they pretty much controlled center ice and kept the puck up ice quite a bit. I think it may have been a really tough game for Rask to get his head into with facing so few shots early on. Some goalies are like that, much better under pressure when facing a lot of shots. All in all, the results are on the score board, and in that one game winner take all scenario, the better team won. It only took 50 years t get it done! And guess what Binnington's number is!!!???  I have heard some say, that it was just destiny at work.
    Type at you later,
     Dan McEntee
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here