News:

• March 28, 2024, 07:28:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Old Time and Classic Stunt  (Read 1365 times)

Offline Nova Joe

• 21 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • New Pilot
  • Illegitemi non carborundum.
Old Time and Classic Stunt
« on: June 13, 2019, 09:24:44 AM »
Not the most savvy computer guy so it's not surprising I can't find what I'm looking for.  Is there a list of eligible aircraft for these classes?  If so, where do I find them?

I've seen references in AMA or PAMPA (can't recall which or maybe it was somewhere else) to such a list but no luck finding it.

In talking to other pilots I hear something like, " I THINK such and such is eligible", "I'm pretty sure the Skyrocket 123 qualifies", but nothing I can find in writing. 

Any thoughts?
Nova Joe
AMA 166

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Old Time and Classic Stunt
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2019, 09:46:24 AM »
To get access to the listings you need to be a member of either or both AMA and/or PAMPA.   They are available on the Flying Lines site.  I think there are references on this site also, but you have be registered. D>K
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2019, 10:06:16 AM »
There was a recent thread about The List (Dave Day), and I believe it was "Bob's Your Uncle" who posted the link to it.

http://www.mrk335.com/daveday/   

You have to click on "Control Line Model Aeroplanes" and then, the buttons are about middle of the 2nd page.    y1 Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline Joe Otto

• 21 supporter
  • New Pilot
  • To try for perfection beats attaining mediocrity
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2019, 07:05:32 PM »
I’m an AMA and PAMPA member. Looking at PAMPA ‘Rules for Classic Stunt’, paragraph 3.1.1 references a ‘list’ available to all via products or the web site. Unable to find a products link or any list on the web site.

Steve, I’ll try your link. Thanks.

Dwayne

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2019, 06:10:24 AM »
Here's a link to some old time stunt plans, this'll give you some idea of what's out there, there are more, Tom Dixon has old time plans as well but his site doesn't seem to be working right now, maybe someone here knows why.

http://controllineplans.com/frameset2.htm

Offline BYU

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2019, 06:31:57 AM »
Not the most savvy computer guy so it's not surprising I can't find what I'm looking for.  Is there a list of eligible aircraft for these classes?  If so, where do I find them?

This is a classic legal list compiled by Dave Day

http://www.mrk335.com/daveday/classic.htm

This is his Old Time list

http://www.mrk335.com/daveday/vintage.htm

Offline Jim Mynes

• Commander
  • Chelsea, ME
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2019, 06:34:13 AM »
A few months back a wise man said we need one “Master List” of each and every Control Line Model ever created and the date of its creation, designer, etc.
It would be quite a job to create it, but the longer we wait the more information disappears.
Of course, it would constantly be a work in progress as more information surfaces, but 95% accuracy should be achievable relatively quickly. Refinement of the list would be ongoing.
I know there are some who think otherwise, but PAMPA, being the authority on all things Stunt, should take this project on. If not PAMPA, then who?
I would be glad to help in such an endeavor, crunching the data, but I don’t have the knowledge with which to create the data.
I have seen the light, and it’s powered by a lipo.

Offline Serge_Krauss

• Admiral
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2019, 06:18:53 PM »
Joe, I have the Tom Morris book listing and showing published OTS and Classic planes and plans.  See me. Not all eligible planes were published (e.g. the 'Cavalier,' 'Venus,' 'Atom'...) during that time; they must have been built before 1970 to be Classic eligible. I also have some full-sized classic plans and a collection of assorted photocopies of articles that include some of these and some Nostalgia Class planes. - SK

Offline Crist Rigotti

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Electric - The future of Old Time Stunt
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2019, 06:26:52 PM »
Does the lists that Dave Day have qualify for the US/PAMPA rules?  I thought that the UK had different rules, hence some models listed would qualify for our rules.
Crist
AMA 482497
Waxahachie, TX
Electric - The Future of Old Time Stunt

Offline Trostle

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2019, 07:14:03 PM »
Does the lists that Dave Day have qualify for the US/PAMPA rules?  I thought that the UK had different rules, hence some models listed would qualify for our rules.

I do not know of any reason that any airplane in the Dave Day lists for Old Time and Classic stunt do not qualify for those respective events.  The lists show the source and date for when the design appeared.   I am not aware of any error being brought to the attention of those in this community of OTS and Classic enthusiasts.

Keith

Offline Crist Rigotti

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Electric - The future of Old Time Stunt
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2019, 09:42:49 PM »
I do not know of any reason that any airplane in the Dave Day lists for Old Time and Classic stunt do not qualify for those respective events.  The lists show the source and date for when the design appeared.   I am not aware of any error being brought to the attention of those in this community of OTS and Classic enthusiasts.

Keith

Thanks Keith.
I just thought that reading somewhere that the UK rules were different than ours as far as eligibility.
Crist
AMA 482497
Waxahachie, TX
Electric - The Future of Old Time Stunt

Offline Brett Buck

• Admiral
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2019, 09:47:43 PM »
Thanks Keith.
I just thought that reading somewhere that the UK rules were different than ours as far as eligibility.

I got the same impression, something about bonus points for the year of design. I think there was or is still some sort of a conflict over it. I know someone asked me to weigh in on it, which I was (uncharacteristicslly) smart enough to dodge.

Brett

Advertise Here

Advertise Here