News:

• June 08, 2024, 06:07:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Stunthanger Hall of Fame  (Read 920 times)

Offline Jim Pollock

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Stunthanger Hall of Fame
« on: August 23, 2006, 02:59:59 PM »
Just one little question......

Why has my boyhood hero been snubbed by the SH hall of fame??

That would be one Robert C. Palmer formerly of Tuscon AZ until his departure from this earth.  Know by AMA numbers 2270/610.

Let's see, he has one or two accomplishments.  Winner 1959 Nats Open, and the California State Championship on a number of occasions including the year 1958 that I personnally witnessed.  Mentor to several notable flyers including George Aldrich.  Designed a slew of airplanes, some of which are the Thunderbird in two versions, The Chief, Pow-Wow, Smoothie, Hurricane, Skyscraper, and several others.  Participated in the 1960 World Championships finishing 2nd to the Louis Grondal.  All this with just half of the fingers on his flying hand!

Jim Pollock, disgruntled looking at the SH hall of fame listings and not finding Bob there!

Also, Aduacter et strenue

Offline Bill Little

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
Re: Stunthanger Hall of Fame
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2006, 03:04:10 PM »
Just one little question......

Why has my boyhood hero been snubbed by the SH hall of fame??

That would be one Robert C. Palmer formerly of Tuscon AZ until his departure from this earth.  Know by AMA numbers 2270/610.

Let's see, he has one or two accomplishments.  Winner 1959 Nats Open, and the California State Championship on a number of occasions including the year 1958 that I personnally witnessed.  Mentor to several notable flyers including George Aldrich.  Designed a slew of airplanes, some of which are the Thunderbird in two versions, The Chief, Pow-Wow, Smoothie, Hurricane, Skyscraper, and several others.  Participated in the 1960 World Championships finishing 2nd to the Louis Grondal.  All this with just half of the fingers on his flying hand!

Jim Pollock, disgruntled looking at the SH hall of fame listings and not finding Bob there!

Also, Aduacter et strenue

Hi Jim,

As Sparky said:  He needs a biography in HTML to add the person.  The people in there so far are there by means of (mainly) the AMA having a HTML bio on them.  Billy isn't in there yet, either! (And I would think that over 50 continuous years of Contest flying and three World Championships (with the last one coming 32 years after the 2nd) I do believe he will be admitted.

Bob Palmer will be in there when the information is available to Sparky.  He has already stated the procedures.

Not by omission, just due to getting the correct information to include them.

Bill <><
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

James Hylton Motorsports/NASCAR/ARCA

AMA 95351 (got one of my old numbers back! ;D )

Trying to get by

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here