News:

• April 23, 2024, 11:37:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Bill Rich's SV-22  (Read 1021 times)

Offline Peter in Fairfax, VA

• 23 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Bill Rich's SV-22
« on: April 11, 2021, 07:37:24 AM »
In honor of Bill's custom of practicing a lot, Gerry Glier and myself put in a number of flight's on Bill's SV-22 yesterday.  Flies great.  My first time flying a piped plane.

Peter

Offline John Lindberg

• 21 supporter
  • Commander
Re: Bill Rich's SV-22
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2021, 08:42:20 AM »
Looks real good, Peter, hope to make it to the field soon since they have opened up the Hillsboro "Roundabouts"!  D>K

Offline EddyR

• Admiral
Re: Bill Rich's SV-22
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2021, 05:46:21 PM »
Bill Rich and i flew weekly at our private flying site behind Bush Gardens  in Tampa Fl from 1980 untill the early 1990’s. I flew every plane Bill built and he flew all of my planes . Most of the time  i was the third flight on a new plane as Bill wanted to see it fly. He and i flew very much the same . I would tell him what I i thought was not trimmed correct. Bill could fly badly trimmed planes and make it look good. All his early models were Big Jim models with rebuilt Big Jim rebuilt ST/60 motors. Some of those motors were not very good. When Bill started to use Randy Smith ST/60 motors his flying got better as he was not fooling with the motor all the time. I flew the first SV-11 for at least 10 flight before Bill went to the Nats with it. It was one of the smallest 60 powered stunt model at that nats. How things have changed. I had given up on 60 powered models as they were to hard on my smaller frame. The sv-11 was smaller so started to fly the them for a few years . Bill and i went to many contest together and i few his plane  not getting any builders points many times. I never crashed any of Bills planes. One day at our field Bill has a new plane and on the second flight the prop lost haft a blade and the plane shook it self into dozens of piece. The last i flew with Bill was in 2000 and he came over to my place in Holiday fl so i could coach him. I moved to NC soon after that. Bill and i trusted what the other person said and were very close fore many years.
EddyR
Locust NC 40 miles from the Huntersville field

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here