News:

• March 29, 2024, 04:01:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Big Art - still kicking  (Read 1146 times)

Offline Dennis Adamisin

• 2019 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Big Art - still kicking
« on: February 15, 2019, 10:51:00 PM »
Elsewhere in the forum it was reported that my dad, "Big Art" Adamisin had passed - that is not true. There is an estate sale going on, but Dad is in assisted living.  We are in the process of emptying out his house as a prelude to selling it.

The family has been sorting through the house, retaining keepsakes and getting rid of some 60 years accumulation of stuff.  The next step in that process was to sell-off anything of value which the family did not want to keep.  Today was the first day of a 2-day sale of leftover furniture, household items, unused clothing and unclaimed remnants of model airplanes, model trains, photography hobbies, machine tools, and what not else.  Ultimate goal is an "empty" house that will then be cleaned-up and put up for sale.

In the Classified section I have sold a bunch of his kits and have a couple boxes of engines &  parts that I am trying to sort for sale. I have about a dozen other that I will be selling or donating.

Good Lord willing, Dad will hit 92 in April, slowing down but still in the fight...
Denny Adamisin
Fort Wayne, IN

As I've grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake!

Offline Gary Dowler

• Admiral
Re: Big Art - still kicking
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2019, 12:20:36 AM »
Good to hear.  I had heard on a FB post that Art had passed, good to know this is false.

Gary
Profanity is the crutch of the illiterate mind

Offline Doug Burright

• Commander
  • Legacy, Brodak kit
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2019, 12:30:07 AM »
That's great!  I have one of his engines:  an O.S. 35, installed on my Box Car Chief. Thank you Big Art! You did a wonderful job! 

To your family: you have a large task. Lots of memories! Good luck. Best wishes!
I will build it. It's gonna be really difficult to find me with an ARF. I know every bit of my airplane!

Offline James Holford

• 2020 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2019, 04:41:38 AM »
Elsewhere in the forum it was reported that my dad, "Big Art" Adamisin had passed - that is not true. There is an estate sale going on, but Dad is in assisted living.  We are in the process of emptying out his house as a prelude to selling it.

The family has been sorting through the house, retaining keepsakes and getting rid of some 60 years accumulation of stuff.  The next step in that process was to sell-off anything of value which the family did not want to keep.  Today was the first day of a 2-day sale of leftover furniture, household items, unused clothing and unclaimed remnants of model airplanes, model trains, photography hobbies, machine tools, and what not else.  Ultimate goal is an "empty" house that will then be cleaned-up and put up for sale.

In the Classified section I have sold a bunch of his kits and have a couple boxes of engines &  parts that I am trying to sort for sale. I have about a dozen other that I will be selling or donating.

Good Lord willing, Dad will hit 92 in April, slowing down but still in the fight...
Good to hear bout Big Art. Hope he is around for many more years!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Jamie Holford
Baton Rouge Bi-Liners
Lafayette, La
AMA #1126767

Offline Will Hinton

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • www.authorwillhinton.com
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2019, 08:33:40 AM »
Hope to see him and you, Dennis, at Toledo!
John 5:24   www.fcmodelers.com

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2019, 09:16:45 AM »
That is great news that big Art is still with us.  I still remember at a team trials in St Louis that in between rounds of F2C I went over to the stunt area.   He was the only on over there that talked to me.  He is also my number 1 hero in CL modeling.  Tell him old DOC says to stay well. H^^
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Will Hinton

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • www.authorwillhinton.com
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2019, 02:16:41 PM »
At one of the AMA homecomings Big Art and I flew about a half gallon each out when everyone else was off on circles one and two and we were on four.  We just flew, changed places, flew, changed places and so on for who knows how long.  One of the greatest privileges of my life.  I didn't even feel tired afterwards it was such fun.
John 5:24   www.fcmodelers.com

Offline Joe Gieseke

• Ensign
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2019, 08:16:53 PM »
Good to here. I hope he is well and happy.

Tell him I said hello.

Joe G.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here