News:

• May 04, 2024, 03:24:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: VIDEO: Flying my Electric Baby Lightning Streak...First flight in 19 Years)))  (Read 14870 times)

Offline Shug Emery

• 2018 Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • Whoooo Buddy))))
    • Sean Emery funny guy juggling and stuff
The weather was so-so. It was windy. I was excited. So I hooked up the stooge and cardboard runway and went to it. Glad I brought a repair kit with me to the ballpark! Had a blast and went home humbled.
Adding flaps today.
Shug

Whoooooo Buddy)))))))

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Just here for the fun of it also.
Shug,

LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~

Are you in Show Business?

What an enjojable "short."

Congratulations on your new beginning.

It is fun!!

Charles

Trump Derangement Syndrome. TDS. 
Avaiojet Derangement Syndrome. ADS.
Amazing how ignorance can get in the way of the learning process.
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Offline Shug Emery

• 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral
  • Whoooo Buddy))))
Shug,

LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~

Are you in Show Business?

What an enjojable "short."

Congratulations on your new beginning.

It is fun!!

Charles

Thanks for watching.....mucho obligato. I do a lot of backpacking videos but it is fun to film this fun new/old hobby.
I am in the business of show......comedy juggler.
Whoooooo Buddy)))))))

Offline Larry Renger

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
Good fun! Congratulations on coming back.

It looks to me like you need to cut your control sensitivity. With the stock 1/2A 2" bellcrank, line spacing at the handle should be no more than 2.5" and probably only 2" until you get your groove back.
Think S.M.A.L.L. y'all and, it's all good, CL, FF and RC!

DesignMan
 BTW, Dracula Sucks!  A closed mouth gathers no feet!

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
Thanks for watching.....mucho obligato. I do a lot of backpacking videos but it is fun to film this fun new/old hobby.
I am in the business of show......comedy juggler.

OK,

Where's the "short" on that?

Charles
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Offline Shug Emery

• 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral
  • Whoooo Buddy))))
OK,

Where's the "short" on that?

Charles
Here is from the Minnesota State Fair this past Summer......good crowds!

Whoooooo Buddy)))))))

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
Hey Shug!

Well, you did it!  You got the handle back in your hand and a model back into the air!  It will come back pretty quick. y1

BIG Bear
RNMM/AMM
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

James Hylton Motorsports/NASCAR/ARCA

AMA 95351 (got one of my old numbers back! ;D )

Trying to get by

Offline Shug Emery

• 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral
  • Whoooo Buddy))))

It looks to me like you need to cut your control sensitivity. With the stock 1/2A 2" bellcrank, line spacing at the handle should be no more than 2.5" and probably only 2" until you get your groove back.
Whoooooo Buddy)))))))

Offline Shug Emery

• 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral
  • Whoooo Buddy))))

Thankee...your posts have helped a lot. Just finished adding flaps...paint drying. Kinda sloppy job but I want to get in the air again.
I will change my handle spacing today.

Hey Shug!

Well, you did it!  You got the handle back in your hand and a model back into the air!  It will come back pretty quick. y1

BIG Bear
RNMM/AMM

Yessir....felt amazing to fly again. Not pretty but a start. Good to watch video as I can see mistakes made. Thankee.
Whoooooo Buddy)))))))

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
Shug,

How did I know you were in Show Business? Not a bad guess.

I used to do art and graphics on props. We used paint back then.

Now if you spent all that time modeling instead of entertaining, you would have won the Nats!  LL~ LL~ LL~

Shug, I know you have a good sense of humor.

Keep Posting!

Charles

Offline Paul Taylor

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
  • If God is your Co-pilot - swap seats!
    • Our Local CL Web Page
Way to go Shug! :##

Not sure the flaps will help.  The Flite Streak is a good turning plane as is. But you may learn something. You might want to shorten your lines a few feet if windy. Also looked maybe a little nose heavy. IMHO.  H^^

Keep flying and posting videos. My son follows all your backpacking stuff.   LL~
Paul
AMA 842917

Tight Lines = Fun Times

Offline Shug Emery

• 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral
  • Whoooo Buddy))))
Way to go Shug! :##

Not sure the flaps will help.  The Flite Streak is a good turning plane as is. But you may learn something. You might want to shorten your lines a few feet if windy. Also looked maybe a little nose heavy. IMHO.  H^^

Keep flying and posting videos. My son follows all your backpacking stuff.   LL~
Hoping to go fly again today. I did add the flaps after seeing Larry Renger's mod to his. We'll see what happens....
I think your right about the lines. Maybe go in 2 or 3 feet. That'll get me dizzy.
Is your son Ryan? I got here through one of my YouTube watchers. He said he was a 23 year old control line flyer.
Glad I found this site. It has been great. I'm trying to reel myself in. Not my strong suit.

Whoooooo Buddy)))))))

Offline Steve Thomas

• Commander
Thanks for the videos, Shug - I really enjoyed both of them.  H^^.  

I'm seeing an opening here for some kind of act where you combine both activities. A couple of flaming torches in the air while flying vertical 8s, and you'd be a legend at Joe Nall or Brodaks.  Should be a piece of cake for a man of your talents!
« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 05:51:32 AM by Steve Thomas »

Offline Paul Taylor

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • Our Local CL Web Page
Hoping to go fly again today. I did add the flaps after seeing Larry Renger's mod to his. We'll see what happens....
I think your right about the lines. Maybe go in 2 or 3 feet. That'll get me dizzy.
Is your son Ryan? I got here through one of my YouTube watchers. He said he was a 23 year old control line flyer.
Glad I found this site. It has been great. I'm trying to reel myself in. Not my strong suit.

Yup Ryan use to be my wingman ( well he still sometime is).
He has grown up and grew away. He lives about three hours away and is more into to backpacking and clowning around for some reason.  ;)
« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 08:03:11 AM by Paul Taylor »
Paul
AMA 842917

Tight Lines = Fun Times

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Hey Shug, I made my comment on the other post post before I seen this one.  Didn't know you were a showman/juggler.   I can see you are going to be a big hit at any model plane functions you may attend.   Can't wait to see you flying while on the uni-cycle. 
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Paul Taylor

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • Our Local CL Web Page
Yea Shug you would raise the bar at Junk Yard Wars at Brodak's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Paul
AMA 842917

Tight Lines = Fun Times

Offline Shug Emery

• 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral
  • Whoooo Buddy))))
Shug,

How did I know you were in Show Business? Not a bad guess.

I used to do art and graphics on props. We used paint back then.

Now if you spent all that time modeling instead of entertaining, you would have won the Nats!  LL~ LL~ LL~

Shug, I know you have a good sense of humor.

Keep Posting!

Charles
Dragging the quill...the way it should be done!

Thanks for the videos, Shug - I really enjoyed both of them.  H^^.  

I'm seeing an opening here for some kind of act where you combine both activities. A couple of flaming torches in the air while flying vertical 8s, and you'd be a legend at Joe Nall or Brodaks.  Should be a piece of cake for a man of your talents!
Haaaa......I will be trying something like that...in due time.
Thank you for watching the vids.

Yup Ryan use to be my wingman ( well he still sometime is).
He has grown up and grew away. He lives about three hours away and is more into to backpacking and clowning around for some reason.  ;)
I thought so. Glad he got me here.

Hey Shug, I made my comment on the other post post before I seen this one.  Didn't know you were a showman/juggler.   I can see you are going to be a big hit at any model plane functions you may attend.   Can't wait to see you flying while on the uni-cycle.  
I really do want to try that someday!
From time to time I ride some off-road unicycle.....

Yea Shug you would raise the bar at Junk Yard Wars at Brodak's.

I don't know what Junk Yard Wars is....but I am in)))))
Love to go to Brodak's someday.
Whoooooo Buddy)))))))

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
I am still laughing at the crazy guy in the video.     Better make it to Brodaks this year as I will be there come shine or high water.    H^^
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203

Offline Paul Taylor

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • Our Local CL Web Page
Come on Shug. It's like a big family reunion. Best control line event of the year if your all about fun.  Check out Brodak's web site for details. You can be on our Junk Yard Team.  Bring your hammock and hang out all week. Fly beginner in all the events.

Paul
AMA 842917

Tight Lines = Fun Times

Offline Shug Emery

• 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral
  • Whoooo Buddy))))
I am still laughing at the crazy guy in the video.     Better make it to Brodaks this year as I will be there come shine or high water.    H^^
Glad you got a laugh!
Wish I could go to Brodak and learn some technique....maybe next year.
Have fun and I will look forward to a report.

Come on Shug. It's like a big family reunion. Best control line event of the year if your all about fun.  Check out Brodak's web site for details. You can be on our Junk Yard Team.  Bring your hammock and hang out all week. Fly beginner in all the events.

I would but my daughter will be home over those dates......precious  time time. She is in the family business as well and traveling the world...http://www.aerialemery.com/#!home/mainPage
I saw the site...trees there for hanging! Do folks camp at the site other than in RV's?
Thank you.
Whoooooo Buddy)))))))

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
That is one beautiful performer you  have there.   I suppose you taught her everything she knows. LL~ LL~
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203

Offline Shug Emery

• 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral
  • Whoooo Buddy))))
That is one beautiful performer you  have there.   I suppose you taught her everything she knows. LL~ LL~

Thank you Sir....she actually taught herself and went to  circus college in Quebec. Graduated last year.
Whoooooo Buddy)))))))

Offline Damian Paten

• Ensign
Shug you are a true entertainer. Love the film clips. Keep em coming.

As for the flying. Keep practicing. The loops look to tight to me. Perhaps going a little higher in the climb to give your self enough air above terra firma to pull out. I was actually surprised at how well that plane bounced.  :o

Regards
Damian. 

Offline Shug Emery

• 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral
  • Whoooo Buddy))))
Shug you are a true entertainer. Love the film clips. Keep em coming.

As for the flying. Keep practicing. The loops look to tight to me. Perhaps going a little higher in the climb to give your self enough air above terra firma to pull out. I was actually surprised at how well that plane bounced.  :o

Regards
Damian. 

Yessir....watching the video I see that the loops seem way too tight. So excited to be back flying I am going with too much Gusto! I agree....it really has bounced well and is glued up and ready to go again.
Thankee.
Whoooooo Buddy)))))))

Offline Bill Morell

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
I would be interested in seeing some of your back packing videos.
Bill Morell
It wasn't that you could and others couldn't, its that you did and others didn't.
Vietnam 72-73
  Better to have it and not need it than it is to need it and not have it.

Offline Shug Emery

• 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral
  • Whoooo Buddy))))
I would be interested in seeing some of your back packing videos.
Hey Bill...here is a link to many Trip Reports: Got out in minus 40º this winter camping in my hammock. A personal best for me. Or worst depending on your view

And other related backpacking stuff....

Hope to get out to fly this coming week. Weekend is gonna be a work one))))
Whoooooo Buddy)))))))

Offline Shug Emery

• 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral
  • Whoooo Buddy))))
Hey Bill...here is a link to many Trip Reports: Got out in minus 40º this winter camping in my hammock. A personal best for me. Or worst depending on your view of weather... ;D

And other related backpacking stuff....

Hope to get out to fly this coming week. Weekend is gonna be a work one))))

This is my YouTube channel.....https://www.youtube.com/user/shugemery
Whoooooo Buddy)))))))

Offline Bill Morell

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
Just checked out a couple. I would have to assume, judging by the amount of gear, your packs are pretty heavy. I wouldn't think a UAL pack would hold up to well with those loads? Learn something new everyday! Completely different style then ours. We go light as we start out at much higher elevation. This years trip begins at 10,200' at Mosquito Flats in the Sierra's. The plan is to do around 60 miles in 7 days. Should be fun depending on what you call fun?
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 11:21:53 AM by Bill Morell »
Bill Morell
It wasn't that you could and others couldn't, its that you did and others didn't.
Vietnam 72-73

Offline Shug Emery

• 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral
  • Whoooo Buddy))))
Just checked out a couple. I would have to assume, judging by the amount of gear, your packs are pretty heavy. I wouldn't think a UAL pack would hold up to well with those loads? Learn soomethiing new everyday! Completely different style then ours. We go light as we start out at much higher elevation. This years trip begins at 10,200' at Mosquito Flats in the Sierra's. The plan is to do around 60 miles in 7 days. Should be fun depending on what you call fun?
Oh no.....I'm very lightweight....that is the name of the game. Not ultra-light. Used to do that with a tarp and minimal gear. Nice to do but missed some comforts. Thought out load and still comfort on the trail. Normal load about 20 pounds...little more in Winter. Little less in Summer.
Whoooooo Buddy)))))))

Offline Bill Morell

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
Our normal pack weight is around 30 to 35 lbs. so I guess you got us beat. Not sure I could ever get down to as light as you are even with the equipment I now use. Sleeping bag, 1 1/2, tent the same. Hardly ever use it unless the skeeters are bad or raining.
Bill Morell
Vietnam 72-73

Offline jim gevay

• Lieutenant
Nice video, looks like your flying out of Central Park in Roseville.
I hope to meet you at one of the Piston Poppers events soon.

Offline Shug Emery

• 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral
  • Whoooo Buddy))))
Our normal pack weight is around 30 to 35 lbs. so I guess you got us beat. Not sure I could ever get down to as light as you are even with the equipment I now use. Sleeping bag, 1 1/2, tent the same. Hardly ever use it unless the skeeters are bad or raining.
I'm hoping to get out in a couple of weeks when the snow melts up North. Can't wait.

Nice video, looks like your flying out of Central Park in Roseville.
I hope to meet you at one of the Piston Poppers events soon.
Yessir. I go out earliy-ish in the morn' before it gets busy...which it never really is in the morning. Jut do some electric park flyers and now the electric CL plane.
I'll be meeting you for sure. I'm planning to try to make the Blaine Aviation Event.
Whoooooo Buddy)))))))

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here