News:

• March 29, 2024, 06:46:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Anyone recognise this model & builder ?  (Read 5993 times)

Offline Brett Buck

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Re: Anyone recognise this model & builder ?
« Reply #50 on: March 07, 2018, 05:20:29 PM »
Amen - why change what works simply to be different and frankly,  who cares who did it first.  Sadly, I may have flown my best pattern in 1979 and it gets better every time I re-fly it!

I would amend that to say, it's both wrong and dishonest when someone falsely takes credit for other people's accomplishments, which is what I got irritated about above.   But it's perfectly reasonable to build on other people's ideas, in fact, all human achievement depends on it.

Brett

Offline Steve Fitton

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #51 on: March 08, 2018, 05:25:48 AM »
Yep  the VECTOR 40 came along years later when I designed smaller planes for people like  Dondi Garrison, and the  Vector 40  got it's aerodynamics  from its  Big Brother  the  VECTOR , many people do not now there are  2 Vectors in the line, the first one 630 sq in  and  the  Vector 40, which is more Nobler Chipmonk sized ,  There are many in the line of the  SVs, some predate the IMPACT , some  do not . and  of course as you well  now  just from looking, the vector  or any other SV is not even close to a Pattern Master or Cardinal, both of those have whopping thick airfoils, as compared to any SV , or SC (StuntCraft)  series.

The plane shown can be pulled very well by an HP 40 ST 46  sT 51  FSR 40  45  46 , royal or Magnum 40 45  46  and I have seen all those in the VECTOR

Randy

Wasn't the Vector wing itself derived from the VanLoo Chipmunk wing?
Steve

Offline RandySmith

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
    • Aero Products
« Reply #52 on: March 08, 2018, 10:52:39 AM »
Wasn't the Vector wing itself derived from the VanLoo Chipmunk wing?

No it wasn't ,but stations R5 and R15 are pretty close ,  it was smaller to start, and the second one was much  larger , the Stuntcraft wing system lets me slide up or down the dozens of RIb Stations to make whatever size I want, and I can change AR , area  span  etc. What I did do with a  SIG Super Chipmunk years ago is make a S/C wing that was as close to the Chipmunk as I could get, and built a  Chipmunk around it. g
The best thing about the S/C wing system is it can be CAD generated templates. When I made all the Foam templates, the computer plot was printed and put directly onto the material (phenolic board) so you get much more accurate templates

Randy
« Last Edit: March 08, 2018, 11:41:30 AM by RandySmith »

Offline Ron Varnas

• 2018 Supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #53 on: March 09, 2018, 07:56:40 PM »

Thanks to all for identifying the model and builder, thanks also to JST Investigative services team !

Can the JST Investigative services team confirm rumours of a huge framed print of the 'Patternmaster'
which adorns the workshop wall pride 'n place of a certain West Coast based Oracle ?  LL~
RJV Melb. Australia

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here