News:

• May 02, 2024, 08:19:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: My Thoughts on the DMAA Charles Ash Memorial Southwest C/L Championships  (Read 992 times)

Online Crist Rigotti

• 23 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • Electric - The future of Old Time Stunt
I had a great time!  I saw some familiar faces and met some others.  Everybody was friendly and helpful.  The weather on Saturday was hot but the wind was down from calm to maybe 7 mph.  It was a bit shifty though. 

On Sunday it wasn't quite so hot but it was breezy.  Though the wind was coming straight from the south without any obstructions.  There were 11 of us signed up in Expert.  I looked at the scoreboard and I realized the high level of pilots entered, not including me.  Past Nats champions, definitely top 5 and a slew of top 20 pilots!  All of the airplanes were just beautiful!  All were "full size" and most were piped.  I saw my 35 sized profile sitting among them and felt a bit intimidated.  I just reminded myself to do the best I can and have fun.  Well needless to say everybody was friendly and made me feel welcomed.  A big thanks to Joe Gilbert who launched for me along with giving me some trimming and handle position thoughts.  Thanks Joe.  Yes, I came in near last but more determined than ever to do better.

The BBQ lunch that was served was great!  Thanks you everyone who prepared and served. 

Looking forward to the coming contests in the area and flying with a new group of pilots. 
Crist
AMA 482497
Waxahachie, TX
Electric - The Future of Old Time Stunt

Offline Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: My Thoughts on the DMAA Charles Ash Memorial Southwest C/L Championships
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2014, 09:42:58 AM »
  Hey Crist;   Does we get to call you "Tex" from now on!???  I talked to Sean Saturday evening and he said he saw you there. He's just getting his feet back on the ground  after getting home from his last deployment. I haven't completely forgot about you and those wood props I got from you last year. In fact, they are still sitting in the same box and in the exact same place that I set them down at when I got home that day. I have been trying to find someone interested in the electric props, and need to get them on one of the classified sections. Hope you are happy with the big move you made and have a long healthy and enjoyable retirement. The Texas bunch are great people They have been taking good care of Sean when ever he's been posted at Fort Hood!
  Type at you later,
   Dan McEntee
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824
AMA 480405 (American Motorcyclist Association)

Offline John Cralley

• Admiral
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2014, 10:52:15 AM »
Hi Crist,

Glad to hear you are enjoying Southern hospitality!! Joe Gilbert is the best and Colleen holds up her end of hospitality too. Course they are OKs and not Texans! If you make it to Dee Rice's Roundup contest down in Houston, you will meet some more friendly Texans!

John Cralley
Scratch Built - Often Re-kitted!!!
AMA 52183
Central Illinois

Offline Rick Bollinger

• Commander
  • AMA 931589
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2014, 11:08:45 AM »
Crist
Glad you found a bunch close to you to fly with. Sounds like you are going to be honing your skills. Maybe I'll see you at the Nats next year. Your sure going to be missed up here.

Tight Lines
Rick
Rick Bollinger
AMA 931589

Online Crist Rigotti

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2014, 02:20:09 PM »
  Hey Crist;   Does we get to call you "Tex" from now on!???  I talked to Sean Saturday evening and he said he saw you there. He's just getting his feet back on the ground  after getting home from his last deployment. I haven't completely forgot about you and those wood props I got from you last year. In fact, they are still sitting in the same box and in the exact same place that I set them down at when I got home that day. I have been trying to find someone interested in the electric props, and need to get them on one of the classified sections. Hope you are happy with the big move you made and have a long healthy and enjoyable retirement. The Texas bunch are great people They have been taking good care of Sean when ever he's been posted at Fort Hood!
  Type at you later,
   Dan McEntee

Sir would be just fine!

It was good seeing and flying/helping Sean this weekend! 

Getting settled and can't wait to get the shop up and running this "winter".

Don't worry about the props.
Crist
AMA 482497
Waxahachie, TX

Online Crist Rigotti

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2014, 02:21:32 PM »
Hi Crist,

Glad to hear you are enjoying Southern hospitality!! Joe Gilbert is the best and Colleen holds up her end of hospitality too. Course they are OKs and not Texans! If you make it to Dee Rice's Roundup contest down in Houston, you will meet some more friendly Texans!

John,
Joe and Colleen are top notch people.  I'll keep an eye out for Dee's contest.
Crist
AMA 482497
Waxahachie, TX

Online Crist Rigotti

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2014, 02:23:51 PM »
Crist
Glad you found a bunch close to you to fly with. Sounds like you are going to be honing your skills. Maybe I'll see you at the Nats next year. Your sure going to be missed up here.

Tight Lines
Rick

Rick,
Yup a good group of guys.  Looking forward to getting better that's for sure.  Joe Gilbert already gave some homework!
Miss you guys and we'll get together some time.
Crist
AMA 482497
Waxahachie, TX

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2014, 11:36:06 AM »
Crist,  those southerners (Okies & Texans) will spoil yah.   Great bunch of people.   Watch out for Linda Bob's brownies. 
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here